Exante Support Group - join us if you are on Exante VLCD

Thanks Lisa, it can be hard at work but I have a great team around me and if they see me putting anything near my mouth the tell me not too. I am sure you will do well at weigh you will get there ;)

Thinking of you tomorrow, good luck
xxx

Welcome to the forum Emily. Well done on your success so far. 5 days is good and being a chef....well that's dedication to do a VLCD. My friend who did LL said she would still cook for her hubbie and found she could check her food by smell rather than taste.

Nice to see our little group is growing.

Morning Sarah, thanks for the vote of confidence. I am lucky that my work team support me so much. Your pics are fantastic - well done you!!! I see that you are an Exante diet consultant that must be very interesting. Do you enjoy it? I have to say it is really good to be able to chat to people that are doing or have done the same thing as myself, it really helps. My sister is on LL and we are supporting each other as well which is fab too. Have a wonderful day Emily xxx

Hi Emily & Lyn

Welcome to Exante! Hope you both have fantastic weeks.

Welcome to the board Emily and well done with the first 5 days!

Mathswiz- Do you weigh in on a monday also then? It'll be my first weigh in can't wait to see the results i just hope they're good! Good luck for tomorow hopefully we'll do well :)

It's my weigh day on a Monday too :D, next Monday is my first Exante weigh in. I am aiming for 4lbs...I have been low carbing for the past week and lost 7lbs...am so looking forward to add to it.

Good luck ladies, let us know how you get on. X x

Yay another monday person! :D

Well done on your losses so far and hopefully we'll both meet our goals for this week.

Have you started on exante then? I think i remember you posting somewhere that you were doing TS :confused:

I am waiting for my Exante packs, but last week and at the moment I am low carbing with lean, green meals and Tescos low carb protein shakes until they arrive. I am going to do the working solution as I want that evening meal.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing your huge :) loss next Monday. x x

I'm also looking forward to seeing our losses on monday its extra motivation for some reason knowing that theres other people weighing in and getting results also.

I've never seen the tesco shake things how many calories/carbs etc do they contain and also do they contain a percentage of your RDA like vlcd products do?

Here's the list of ingredients - they are only 99pence a carton and come in strawb and choc. I think they are pretty good myself. They are good to pop in your handbag if you're on the go too.

Ingredients
Water, Milk Proteins, Sunflower Oil, Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder (1%), Whey Protein Concentrate, Inulin, Stabiliser (Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, Carrageenan), Flavouring, Magnesium Lactate, Acidity Regulator (Dipotassium Phosphate), Carrier (Maltodextrin), Sweetener (Sucralose), Vitamin C, Zinc Lactate, Ferric Diphosphate, Vitamin E Acetate, Nicotinamide, Vitamin A, Calcium D-Pantothenate, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, D-Biotin, Potassium Iodide
Nutrition
Per 330ml carton
Energy 705kJ (170kcal)
Protein 18.8g
Carbohydrate 1.7g
sugars 1.3g
Fat 9.6g
saturates 1.3g
Fibre 4.6g
Sodium 0.3g

file.php

Ooo they look really good do they contain a percentage of your RDA if you know what i mean. Are they meant for meal replacement in a slim fast sort of way?

I may look into using these when i get to maintainance stage and but am still using one shake a day for example would work out a lot cheaper than paying for the exante packs then delivery.
I take it they are ready mixed and ready to drink then?

Yes they are ready made up in cartons with little straws on the side.
The list of RDAs is pretty good actually. I reckon three of these shakes and a low carb evening meal would give you your full days RDA. However I take an A to Z multivit just incase.

Vitamin A 280.5µg (35% of RDA) 85.0µg (35% of RDA)
Vitamin C 20.8mg (35% of RDA) 6.3mg (35% of RDA)
Vitamin D 1.7µg (33% of RDA) 0.5µg (33% of RDA)
Vitamin E 4.7mg (47% of RDA) 1.4mg (47% of RDA)
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 0.5mg (36% of RDA) 0.2mg (36% of RDA)
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 0.6mg (35% of RDA) 0.2mg (35% of RDA)
Niacin 6.3mg (35% of RDA) 1.9mg (35% of RDA)
Vitamin B6 0.7mg (33% of RDA) 0.2mg (33% of RDA)
Folic Acid 70.0µg (35% of RDA) 21.2µg (35% of RDA)
Vitamin B12 0.6µg (59% of RDA) 0.2µg (59% of RDA)
Biotin 0.7µg (0% of RDA) 0.2µg (0% of RDA)
Pantothenic Acid 2.0mg (33% of RDA) 0.6mg (33% of RDA)
Calcium 300.3mg (38% of RDA) 91.0mg (38% of RDA)
Phosphorus 333.3mg (42% of RDA) 101.0mg (42% of RDA)
Iron 5.0mg (35% of RDA) 1.5mg (35% of RDA)
Magnesium 105.6mg (35% of RDA) 32.0mg (35% of RDA)
Zinc 5.3mg (35% of RDA) 1.6mg (35% of RDA)
Iodine 52.8µg (35% of RDA) 16.0µg (35% of RDA)
Potassium 643.5mg (12870% of RDA) 195.0mg (12870% of RDA)
Selenium 19.8µg 6.0µg
Sodium 0.2g (8% of RDA) trace (8% of RDA)
Copper 0.3mg (7% of RDA) 0.1mg (7% of RDA)
Manganese 0.7mg (33% of RDA) 0.2mg (33% of RDA)

The RDAs do look pretty impressive actually, definitely going to consider these when i've lost my weight and trying to maintain unfortunately thats a long way off or at least feels like it :rolleyes:

Hows your day going today? Have you struggled at all so far? I reckon day 5 was probably my hardest or 6 dont know why not hungry really just felt like having a munch lol

This is probably my worst day so far, I am struggling a bit tonight, I can't shake the munchies. I have had two pints of water and two cups of tea in the last two hours and I am still craving food. I think I may have to go to bed early...it has just been one of those days.

Well done on doing a week and one day on TS, you're braver than me. x x

I found days 4 - 6 the worst as well. For the munchies, I used to save the bar for the evening to ward of munchies.

Hi to Emily and Gaynorem....it's great to see our little community growing.Really supportive here. Sarahp is our resident guru and my inspiration to keep going. Struggled a little yesterday after champagne, cake and fooood on Sunday, but now back in ketosis, so fingers crossed to remain 100% TS

PS I had so many lovely comments on Sunday....was wearing a size 12 dress!!!!! :woohoo:not seen the light of day since 1996 LOL (never throw anything out) Now bordering on size 14 (down from size 18) in most clothes.

Back