Exante Support Group - join us if you are on Exante VLCD

I use one of those hand blenders - plug it in and whizz away! Makes them nice and frothy - but I split the shake and have it in two lots but use the amount of water for each lot that they tell you to use for one full packet as I don't like them too thick.
B xx

I also use a hand blender, especially for soups. BUT, when I am out on the road (working) I use a protein shaker. I've got a couple, but at the moment the best place to buy them from (for 'best' read 'cheapest') is Supplements | Protein | Creatine | Whey as they have free delivery on all their products and they have a range to choose from - the cheapest is just £1.99.

They have a hard plastic mesh that fits inside the lid and breaks down the lumps, as well as frothing it up nicely! Look under accessories and scroll down the list for shaker cup or shaker bottle.

Last edited:
My OTHER question is, I've noticed a distinct aftertaste, is anyone else getting this. I mean I understand the shakes will never be truely yummy but still.... Do you think if I mixed half a packet with the same amount of water you are meant to use for a whole one thatwould be okay?/

Thanks for the tip

I also use a hand blender, especially for soups. BUT, when I am out on the road (working) I use a protein shaker. I've got a couple, but at the moment the best place to buy them from (for 'best' read 'cheapest') is Supplements | Protein | Creatine | Whey as they have free delivery on all their products and they have a range to choose from - the cheapest is just £1.99.

They have a hard plastic mesh that fits inside the lid and breaks down the lumps, as well as frothing it up nicely! Look under accessories and scroll down the list for shaker cup or shaker bottle.

Just ordered one. Exactly what I was looking for!

My OTHER question is, I've noticed a distinct aftertaste, is anyone else getting this. I mean I understand the shakes will never be truely yummy but still.... Do you think if I mixed half a packet with the same amount of water you are meant to use for a whole one thatwould be okay?/

Yes that is what I do as I can't cope with the texture of a full one and I like to split it and have half for breakfast and half for lunch - cope with it much better that way.:)

Oh my.........

Just had a strawberry shake for brekkies..... they are gorgeous:D:D:D That might be cos I've had lipotrim shakes for 6 weeks but still...... Soooo looking forward to a low carb meal tonight, it's so good to be able to eat a little!

Well I've not had shakes at all today purely due to looking after my siblings and being dragged to maccy ds.. I 've hat 1775 calories which is a lot less than my maintenance weight anyway but I will be walking some miles tonight!! So hopefully I won't put any weight on.

I have ordered a shaker online on the website linked to me so I can make them at work and paid £4.89 for a hand blender from argos to make them at home!!

Shipping was free. I ordered Thursday evening and got a message that they sent it 1st Class Royal Mail so hope to get it on Monday.

I received the shaker today it has measurements on the side and it came with a free gift so I am happy.

Also started exante today and so far so good. I know the coming days will be tougher but day one was just fine.

Well done on getting through day one, I think I will try and order a shaker - would come in handy if we ever get to go camping again (weather please give us a break!)
B xx

Good grief - my bottle arrived today!! £2.48 paid - the postage which was free was £1.49 so bottle only actually cost 99p!! And it works!

Just ordered my next 4 weeks supply :D

5 days in and so far so good. Have lost a bit of weight; but a bit wobbly about the weekend as family time usually means lots of meals. About to have my shake for breakfast; making my child a banana smoothie so he doesn't feel left out. Will take bar for when we are out and about. Probably some sort of salad with protein for dinner -- just have to watch the dressing which I will make my self or maybe I will just have the soup. Depends on how warm it gets today.

Well done on your weight loss so far - and for sticking with the diet

I think weekends are the toughest time for most of us Minimimi. My partner (with hangover) has just cooked himself bacon and eggs. Even though it is not something I would normally eat, I really wanted some and the smell is still driving me mad!

Be strong - and remember, nothing tastes as good as being slim feels!

Back