Exante Support Group - join us if you are on Exante VLCD

Finally my weight has started moving again ~ a 3lbs loss this week. Hopefully that's the start of a run of losses;););) Really, considering I went from lipotrim eating nothing to exante where I do eat I'm glad I only STS, I could've put on weight....

How's everyone doin'?

Update on me -- today for some reason has been the hardest. Perhaps it was because I spent 2 hours in cafes at work meeting and then visited the supermarket. I have 3 packs and usually eat a dinner of less than 400 kcals; today I went over 400 so not vlcd today. Tomorrow will be better.

We hit production targets at work last month so the company treats the whole lot of the employees to..........................fish and chips! I was surrounded by 9 people just in our office alone and the smell was heaven - but I resisted and am very proud of myself for doing that. Hope my reward comes on Tuesday with my next weigh-in.

Well done, my family and i went to blackpool twice over the hols, and they insisted on f&c ! it nearly killed me - but I was strong !!

Your reward will come on tuesday - mine did !!

Day 1 of Exante

Hi All,
Just started diet today. Have been reading this thread and have found you all an inspiration. I am currently 208lbs, never realised I was so heavy. Am looking to acheive 158lbs for valentines day, well my husband has promised to buy me a pair of Jimmy Choos. I must stress he has been so supportive.

Mini Goals.
1. Fit into my size 16 jeans
2. Lose my first stone
3. Fit into my size 14 jeans
4. Lose my second Stone
5. Fit into my suits in my cupboard
6. Buy a size 14 dress for new year and look fab
7. Lose my third stone
8. Fit into size 12 clothes
9. Lose my final stone
10. Wear a fab size 12 dress for valentines day (with my new Jimmy Choo's)
I am starving at the moment and just about to have my second shalke. Please tell me it gets better.........:p

Last edited:
Hi Purpledoll - yes it gets better - in about 3 or 4 days you should go into Ketosis and the hunger should go - just keep drinking the water - good luck!

hi, i started today too. ok so far and almost 3 litres of water down already. im a little unsure about 5th week thing...do i have to do this on the total solution and if so, i dont really understand ..it is one meal a day at the end of week four for one week and then back to total solution again for the remainder of your weight loss or until you reach week 14 and then repeat it again? help lol

h xx

Thanks Quak, well half the day down, two shakes and only the soup to go. Have a slight headache think I need to drink more water.
Harriet 2 hopefully I can follow your great example and drink more. I too am starting with the total solution and am not sure about the meal.......

purpledoll...ive got a bit of a headache here this morning so busy glugging :) i havent tried the shakes yet, gonna try one at lunchtime..ive tried both the bars though and they are really nice - im surprised! my dog was looking at me this morning and drooling so must have smelt nice to her too!

Well day 2 and my first day at work on diet. I resisted the temptation to join the guys in the good ole bacon butty god that was hard.....I have been drinking more water.... Got a bit peckish so I have had a third of a bar. Well shake (vanilla was good, strawberry not so good, banana OK) for a late lunch when I get in and a soup for tea...think I will try the veg (the thai chicken was lovely).
Hannah2 hope all is good with you today. No headache for me yet.
I am determined to keep this going but the idea of four months which include my birthday, belated honeymoon and christmas seems such a daunting task, but I am determined to succeed.

Well guys day2 of diet. Have been really good and resisted the bacon butty this morning. I have been drinking more water and no headache as yet. Got a bit lightheaded so tried a third
Harriet 2 I can recommend the thai chicken soup will report back on the veggie tommorrow. The shakes at the moment Vanilla is ahead, followed by banana then strawberry I will try the chocolate for lunch today report back tommorrow

I got my stuff last night, had a bar which was really nice! Much better than the CD ones. This is like eating real food and not congealed chemicals. Also the Mushroom soup tasted really nice and natural with real woody tasting shrooms. nice.

However had a bit of bad news last night regarding a job - so went to McDonalds, stuffed my face and made myself feel even worse (curse the guy/gal who decided to install chip n pin machines in the drive thru!) so going to restart tomorrow as I had such a crappy nights sleep. Good news on the job front this morning so feeling a lot better - just so dissappointed about last night and eating this morning.

Looking forward to getting on track - will post my losses here :)

Hi
Yes you need to do the add a meal thing at the end of week 4, there is a list of foods and the amount of calories you can have on one of the pages in the little booklet (white booklet - page 16). You will still lose that week and should find a boosted weight loss the week after when you go back to TS. I have done another 4 weeks after that and then decided to do another add a meal week this week. My evening meals tend to be either a small piece of chicken breast, turkey breast or some kind of fish (trout on tuesday) but only about the size of a pack of playing cards, plus 4 diff veg (cauli, broccoli, cabbage and mangetout at the mo) and I usually flavour it with soy sauce just to give it a bit of an edge. I actually forgot to have the rest of my bar last night as I was full after my dinner. If you have any more questions feel free to ask, if I know - I will share!
Bxx

Hi Guys, Day 3 (sorry if i'm boring you guys). Tried the mushroom soup and choc shke they were very nice, not so sure about the bars though. Water intake is up but I'm finding I need to run to the loo every 1hr (which is good excercise at work since its on the floor below). Still having the hunger pangs but I have not succumb to the additional pack or even picking food.( Which I have to say was my downfall).
Although I must say its hard cooking dinner at home then just having a soup but I know it will get better. Cant wait to weigh myself next week to see if the pounds have dropped off, its really hard not to stand on the scales every morning.
Quak I was just looking at your stats and is yours about the average weight loss for the first week, or was it super high. I don't want to be too disappointed with mine. I really hope its as good as yours!
Tommorrow will be hard as it is curry day at work so take away for all but me.......tune in for my next installment

Hi Purpledoll - you are not boring us at all, nice to have more people on here posting, at least I am not talking to myself now lol.
I think some people have lost more than me in their first week but everyone is different, one of my colleagues doing it, she started on Monday and got on the scales this morning (naughty naughty) and has lost 6lbs already so think she may lose more than me in the first week. Like I say, we are all different, some of us hold more water than others and everyone starts at different weights too which can make a difference. I am sure you will have a good loss and be very pleased if you stick to it 100%. Keep up the good work.
B xx

quak. what do u think the idea of eating is after the 4th week? i was trying to work it out if it had anything to do with stablising but then its only early days so it wouldnt be that would it? in 6 weeks im on holiday so i was going to put off the eating week til then..would be ok to do that you think?

h xx

I'm not sure what the theory is but I have added my own meal week this week after another 4 weeks on TS - I just felt like I needed a boost of vitamins and fibre from the veggies - so thats what I have done, it does seem to have a good effect on your weight loss the week after as I lost 7.5 lbs the week after I did it the first time. Not sure how it will show this time as the week after is TOTM too........
If I were you I would do the week 5 meals as it must be in there for a reason!

Back