Exante WILL help me lose 3 stone

Sounds like a fun night ;) :D

I haven't had a drink in almost two months :snooty: Feels great... :rolleyes:

Good luck for this coming week!

Thank you everyone!

Plan for today

-get back in to ketosis (sure I must be out)
-100% TS (15 days til Ibiza)
-meals eaten earlier rather than later to help with my mood
-override negative thoughts with positive ones
-keep busy with uni work, sewing etc
-do some life admin (washing, tidying, what not)

Need to take each day as it comes and try hard every day to eat right and feel right :) xx

Oh LOVE...sorry I haven't dropped in for a bit. Funnily enough been feeling very ,much the same! One minute im up, happy and fine, next minute im low, grumpy and dwelling on stuff wondering if I can make it through the next 10 minutes let alone the next hour!!
It is definitely having so few calories. You are doing a great job in keeping yourself busy and keeping on plan. Remember 1 bad meal doesn't make you fat! It's just when it forms habits and that's how you eat all the time. You need to allow yourself a 'treat' meal or something to look forward to.
I know a lot of people treat themselves to non food related stuff and that's great but sometimes you just need some cake!! lol Go easy on yourself and keep writing on here, that's what your diary is for.
You are doing a great job...keep smiling!!!!

Hi Queen Bizzle,

Always good to have a plan! Just don't be hard on yourself if things don't go quite to plan. You're doing really really well despite the stress of your friend being ill & Bridezilla.

TJ x

Yeah that's what I'll treat yesterday as :) a treat. Beating myself up about tiny slips won't get me anywhere. And I really would have usually just ate my way through these horrible weeks, so I'm a changed girl no matter what :)

Alfies the one down in the dumps now so I'm on my way up to Cambridge for the night to cheer him up. Found out his dad's been in hospital for heart failure and has now escaped? Don't ask. It's really one thing after another at the mo! Is been nothing all year and now everything is happening at once!

Alfie doesn't have a great relationship with his dad, like nearly as bad as mine, but it still hurts to know he's ill I guess. Right in the middle of exam term too! Poor boy. Caring for someone else has helped take my mind of pointless worrying so selfishly that's good :) my mind is gonna go in to overdrive no matter what so why not put it to good use :)

Pretty sure I did knock myself out of ketosis as I've been hungry this afternoon. Like ravenous. I've already had 2 packs and a bovril. Gonna just allow myself chicken and other low carby stuff until I'm back in ketosis I think. No point making myself miserable is there :)

POSITIVE VIBES :D xx

I don't think you don't realise how much you inspire other people :) You do. You're doing really well, and you have such a good 'Can Do!' attitude that it's impossible to read your posts and not get boosted by that for the better. :)

Aww that's really sweet empath. Thank you. I'm really trying to look at everything with a positive outlook and realise that most things can be fixed. When I used to get depressed I'd convince myself that there was no way out and I'd take the easy way out by believing that! Now everything that hits me, im analysing why it's happebed, and I think what can I do to make this better ...it's working I think :)

I'm happy I inspire people. We're all in this together. I feel better knowing that as I do feel I moan a lot!! Haha xx

Looking good in the photo!

One reason I generally don't do total solution is it really affects my moods. I get completely irrational...up one min, down the next.

Spreading out your packs should help :)

Size 14 jeans, QueenB! Fantastic. You'll be fine because your thinking has changed along with your diet LOL. Big Hugs xx

Last edited:
Looking good in the photo! One reason I generally don't do total solution is it really affects my moods. I get completely irrational...up one min, down the next. Spreading out your packs should help :)

Yeah this is one thing I've learnt the hard way! Least I realise this now. I'm happiness and general mood is so sensitive so I should have known this would happen really. Before I figured out it was blood sugar making me so angry and upset though out the day I thought I was going mad haha. Then I learnt to control it with low carb so that was a break through. I didn't realise the calorie restriction was now gonna be another game changer for my happy juice! Now I know, o can beat it! There's my mojo! He's back! ;) x

Suze 14 jeans, QueenB! Fantastic. You'll be fine because your thinking has changed along with your diet LOL. Big Hugs xx

Thank you! Next stop, back in my size 12 stuff from 3 summers ago! I don't actually own any size 14 stuff so it's nice to have some middle clothes. I'm not overly happy at this size for me, but I'm comfortable and confident to show off my curves. Size 16 I just don't think I can personally pull off as I'm only a shorty! Plus the way I hold my weight, I just look like I have sausage legs haha Xx

My diary has been a bit too doom and gloom for me. So I've decided to write a list of positive things that I have achieved in my 5 weeks of the diet.

- sticking to the diet for 5 weeks, that's an achievement in its self.
- learning I can have a life and still lose weight
- breaking my emotional connections with food, realising when things go wrong I have to work through them not eat through them
- becoming even more aware of the nutritional values of food by tracking everything I eat
- not having a carb based take away for 5 weeks
- fitting in to a smaller size clothes
- getting the confidence back to get dressed up every day, taking much more pride in my appearance
- not settling for things I am not happy with
- learning more about how food effects my mood and what I can do to prevent myself feeling down from the diet.

That's all I can think of for now. Will keep adding things :) this journey has many more positives vs negative :) xx

-

I'm a shorty too - we're the same height. I, too, have TONS of clothes from a few years ago. Size 12 tops and size 10 bottoms. I cannot wait to fit into them again and so long as I limit carbs and overall calories I SHALL. And so shall you! Naturally I'd like to achieve this superfast but to be truthful if I could get into my favourite stuff by Christmas I'd be thrilled xx

Being short is great if you're playing hide n seek, but for weight loss... So unfair! It's so easy to put on weight. Same size stomach as everyone else, less body to spread the weight over ;) xx

My wee Grannie, God rest her sweet soul, was 4' 11". She used to say, 'better a wee somethin' as a big nutthin'. So true LOL xx

ME AGAIN?! Does anyone know if there are any good, non judgemental mental health forums where I could keep a diary and get feedback like i do here? :) xx

Hello

Have read your diary over the past few days and empathise with your situation. I'm no expert but it sounds like a generalised anxiety and wonder whether it might be an idea to go to GP for counselling or CBT ? You are the best person to know whether this is something manageable by more positive thinking or whether it has deeper roots that might need exploring in a therapeutic environment. A good measure is the degree of impact on your ability to function and normal stuff like sleeping, eating, finding pleasure in small things and maintaining relationships....sometimes things are a little more complex than just applying common sense remedies...... But you have incredible powers of self reflection reading through your diary and that it a massive help !

I've never thought of myself as short at 5 ft 4. You're telling me I'm short? Well, that explains at lot... :D ;) Especially the thing about the tummy. :)

My other half reckons I've shrunk anyway. Whenever I say I'm 5ft 4 I get a "Yeah, right..."

Hello Have read your diary over the past few days and empathise with your situation. I'm no expert but it sounds like a generalised anxiety and wonder whether it might be an idea to go to GP for counselling or CBT ? You are the best person to know whether this is something manageable by more positive thinking or whether it has deeper roots that might need exploring in a therapeutic environment. A good measure is the degree of impact on your ability to function and normal stuff like sleeping, eating, finding pleasure in small things and maintaining relationships....sometimes things are a little more complex than just applying common sense remedies...... But you have incredible powers of self reflection reading through your diary and that it a massive help !

Thank you for taking time to think about this and reply :) I think I have a bit of a gp phobia when it comes to mind issues. I was really bad about 4 years ago, really depressed and anxious and struggling to walk through the door at work in the morning. I really needed some help but the doctor I went to was really unhelpful and unsympathetic. I went in to a downward spiral, me and Alfie split up, I just started going out all the time and not caring about day to day life or consequences of my actions. I self remedied myself better then. Self diagnosed I think I do have anxiety problems on going, along with obsessive thought patterns and on and off depression. The diet is definitely exaggerating these things that I've learnt to control over the years. I've promised myself that if I'm not feeling better by the summer break that I will go to the GP again, with my boyfriends help as I'm just so reluctant to go. Thank you for your suggestion, it's really sweet xx

I've never thought of myself as short at 5 ft 4. You're telling me I'm short? Well, that explains at lot... :D ;) Especially the thing about the tummy. :) My other half reckons I've shrunk anyway. Whenever I say I'm 5ft 4 I get a "Yeah, right..."

Hahaha! I think maybe we're "average" but so many of my friends are tall so I feel tiny! One of my bezzies is 5ft though (she reckons - I think she's 4ft something) and she makes me feel like a giant haha xx

So if I wasn't in ketosis yest, I'm definitely not now. Got to Cambridge yest, every intention of having just a nandos with chicken and salad. Ended up having a few chips and a bit of mash. Then came the pudding, crisps and more chocolate bars.

I don't feel guilty. I'd stuck to a mixture of TS and low carb for 5 and a half weeks. Thursday is day one of week 6. I needed a blow out I think after everything that's been going on recently. And maybe a full refeed day and fresh start might make my brain feel a bit happier having some more carbs and calories :)

It's 2 weeks and a day until Ibiza. Gonna concentrate on getting myself back in to ketosis. Today and tomorrow having mainly zero carb real food as I find it easier than going straight to packs.

It goes to show though, the discipline I have retained throughout is very much centred around my keenness to stay in ketosis. Once I was out of ketosis, I didn't see much reason why I could have "one more day" - I have worked really hard to be where I am today, and I will not let this one last day mentality creep back in. Back to ketosis we go!

Tomorrow my friend is down in London, but she is tiny and doesn't eat loads, so eating salads won't be a problem with her. Low carb drinking too.

Let's do this :) xx

Back