Exercise Challenge - inc. Insanity!

A natural exercise today, spent the day in class with FS children, so all age 3-5. Lots of moving around, did a bit of jokey dancing with them. A lot of walking to and fro so I reckon I did ok today LOL.

ceridwen said:
I managed to complete day 4 last night, luckily it was the recovery workout, so fairly easy compared to everything else. I've got the day off work today and I'm playing a round of golf, and then later on I'm going to do day 5 of Insanity (pure cardio). I hope everybody else has fun getting sweaty today!!!xx

Well done on doing that after your dinner! You could have managed both workouts on Friday, I guess, or done Sunday instead, but it's great that you kept to the plan! Those downward dogs must have been fun with the tipsiness :)

Miss Ceri maam, Miss B reporting! :D I have kept up with my challenge and even went for a 2hr walk as well today! :)

Ok, rest day for me today! Weirdly I'm quite looking forward to tomorrow..... I think this happens once you get yourself into a routine of exercising. You actually start to miss it, and it becomes harder not to exercise than actually exercise itself!

Hope anyone exercising today has a good workout!!!

Day 6 of Insanity: done! (i can't really say it's day 7, as i'm only doing 5 days a week...)

Rainy Monday here in Shanghai, but I was mentally prepared and didn't struggle too hard to get out of bed this morning. I think the Cardio Power workout is one of my favorites so far, although I can't keep up with the press ups. But I feel I'm doing better already with some of the moves.

Go team go!

ceri .... You was looking forward to exercising? WHAT???? not me its doing me in! LOL but hey ho i have noticed the benefis so am plodding on (whilst digging my heels in) hope you guys are enjoying yourselves. well done everyone!

ps like the thread! xx

Wooohooooo I have just done a 2 hour cardio workout consisting of an hour in the gym and then a 30 min spin class followed by a splash in the pool!!
I'm on one this week!!! Xx

Day 6 of Insanity: done! (i can't really say it's day 7, as i'm only doing 5 days a week...)

Rainy Monday here in Shanghai, but I was mentally prepared and didn't struggle too hard to get out of bed this morning. I think the Cardio Power workout is one of my favorites so far, although I can't keep up with the press ups. But I feel I'm doing better already with some of the moves.

Go team go!

I'm struggling with the press ups too, the moving ones are a killer! I'm just doing regular press ups until I build up my upper body strength. x

ceri .... You was looking forward to exercising? WHAT???? not me its doing me in! LOL but hey ho i have noticed the benefis so am plodding on (whilst digging my heels in) hope you guys are enjoying yourselves. well done everyone!

ps like the thread! xx

Yay, you found the thread!!! I was only looking forward to it when I didn't actually have to do it. It was a real struggle today!! he hex

Wooohooooo I have just done a 2 hour cardio workout consisting of an hour in the gym and then a 30 min spin class followed by a splash in the pool!!
I'm on one this week!!! Xx

2.5hrs and a swim.... that's an intense workout! I am seriously impressed x

Just completed day 8 of Insanity - cardio power & resistance. I found it hard going tonight, I was pretty tired after a long day at work, but managed to force myself to do it. I feel great now, so really happy I pushed myself!x

10 min walk at lunch time and just got in from 90 mins of Zumba!

ceridwen said:
Just completed day 8 of Insanity - cardio power & resistance. I found it hard going tonight, I was pretty tired after a long day at work, but managed to force myself to do it. I feel great now, so really happy I pushed myself!x

Good for you, ceri. I don't know how you manage at night. If I work out first thing in the morning, my brain has less chance to think of excuses - I'm in my workout gear before I'm even awake!

Well done on 8 days!

Great work, everyone! I completed day 7 (week 2/day 2) of insanity today, pure cardio. And it was way more fun than the first session. I was also thrilled to be able to feel my stomach muscles this morning! Insanity doesn't include any crunches or ab work, but all those jumps and kicks are secretly working your core at the same time. I love it!

In the words of shaun T, 'Let's gooooooooooo!!!'

OK, so I was too busy to log on yesterday. but NOT too busy to exercise! :)

Monday: 30 mins ex bike - level 3, 75 rpm, weights, stretching
Today: 30 mins treadmill - gradient 3%, 6.5 kph (fast walking), pilates

Really didn't feel like training yesterday but, you know what, felt so much better afterwards!

Keep up the good work, all xx

Dukanista said:
Good for you, ceri. I don't know how you manage at night. If I work out first thing in the morning, my brain has less chance to think of excuses - I'm in my workout gear before I'm even awake!

Well done on 8 days!

Ditto with doing it in the morning! I already get up at 6.15am to get ready for work - I don't think I could face getting up at 5.30am to squeeze in the workout. Well done to you too :)x

Day 9 of Insanity - pure cardio, aka pure hell!!!

Once you're completing the main workout there are no water breaks, really tough! I had to take a few breaks, but I'd say I completed around 85% of the workout. It's never a good sign when the instructor says, "I'm actually scared about what's to come in this workout".

Well done to everyone who's posted their workouts today! Go team!!!xx

Back