Extra Easy: Is pitta bread no longer a HEB??!!

bim88o

I haven't been to group since Feb 2012 as I moved abroad, and am now just following the extra easy plan myself from home.

When I was going to group you could have 1 x 60g wholemeal pitta as a HE B... I have just been browsing an old thread and just seen somebody say that its no longer a HEB?!! Is this true?? Please tell me its just a nasty rumor as I use this as my B choice probably 4 times a week!! If its true how many syns am I looking at?!! xx

No, a pitta isnt on the list of Healthy extras. Just checked the syns, a tesco wholemeal one, 60g, is 8 syns.

No, a pitta isnt on the list of Healthy extras. Just checked the syns, a tesco wholemeal one, 60g, is 8 syns.

Well thats a serious bummer as I have just had a keebab for dinner... plus a pitta for brekkie yesterday! And at 8 syns a go I would be well over my limit! :( :(

I literally just found this out in group today - I just bought two packs of co-op pittas yesterday! I am going to continue eating them and consider it a tweak until I run out.

Also - don't forget that 60g of *any* wholemeal bread is still an HExB, so you can still have a pitta, just trim it until it's 60g. The one I just ate (co-op) was only 65g so you won't lose much. Just one thirteenth off mine, to be precise.

I literally just found this out in group today - I just bought two packs of co-op pittas yesterday! I am going to continue eating them and consider it a tweak until I run out.

Also - don't forget that 60g of *any* wholemeal bread is still an HExB, so you can still have a pitta, just trim it until it's 60g. The one I just ate (co-op) was only 65g so you won't lose much. Just one thirteenth off mine, to be precise.

Yeah I have a few left, I restarted SW 3 weeks ago and ive managed to lose 8lb using them as a HEB so I'll continue with them this week and then cut them out next week out of curiosity to see if I can loose some more!

I'm not entirely sure that's true. I think "any" wholemeal bread refers to loaves of bread. And then there is a 60g wholemeal roll also on the list. I'm sure the reason that pittas were taken off the list is because they do not contain enough fibre - they contain different ingredients to bog standard sliced wholemeal bread. So I'd definitely still consider it a tweak..

Back