Fed up with buying clothes because they cover me up!

Did somebody say "cake"? That brought me running, lol.

I used to make Delia Smith's lemon cake recipe, but obviously that's a non-starter on Atkins(!) What's in the Atkins lemon cake? I'll be really interested how it turns out as I think OH would love for there to be cake in the house again (hasn't been any since last November).

Oh, and well done on your spinning rings - great feeling, isn't it? I have lots of beautiful rings that I haven't been able to wear for a couple of years, but the larger ones are fitting me now. Gotta love those non-scale victories! :D

edit - we cross-posted! So it's a good cake then?!

Hi Scrumbles, oh yes! I have put the recipe on the Atkins recipe board. I need to go back and add that it is a total carb count of 10.2 and 1.3 per serving (depending how big it is!). Great with a Philly topping and a few berries.

Read the recipe, looks worth trying. :)

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Thanks for the recipe, TM!

I've copied it down but I think I might wait awhile to try it - not sure I could handle cake in the house just yet, probably scoff the lot in one go :eek:

Yes, I scoffed 4 slices. I was really cross with myself. Really stupid at least I know I have a big problem still and it has given me a wake up call as we are going to a wedding at the weekend.

Well, as I still seem to be stuck at 13 stone 7lb and have been for too long I thought a different approach today.

B - none
S - cappucino in town made with Alpro
L - 2 more slices of that ruddy cake, nearly all gone thank goodness
D - 3 low carb sausages, cauli mash and cauli cheese, fried egg

Not had enough water today but have been on a long walk with the girls and got absolutely soaked. Had to have hot shower and jamas on when I got back from school run, so cold.

We are off for our family wedding tomorrow straight after school. Picking up the kids and heading straight to Stroud for the weekend. Still not sure what to wear and rooting through my multi sized wardrobe for something suitable.

Cake sounded delicious, you'll be glad when it's all gone! Have a lovely time at the wedding, hope you find the right outfit :)

Be good at the wedding! ;) sure you'll look lovely. My dd begging me for your cake lol.

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Morning Sandra and Fiona

Just running around ironing and sorting out for the weekend, still undecided on an outfit.

Put on a pound, not happy. Real re-think of diet going on. Cutting back as was def eating too much.

B - nothing except Alpro coffee
L - porridge with water
S - handful of dry roasted peanuts and some pork scratchings to get the fat up

Last edited:
Hi there, make sure you eat enough, maybe the cake was too blame!! Hope the weather holds out and you have lovely time at the wedding. :)

No no no Atkins doesn't work if you starve yourself! And is that oat or flax porridge?

If you want to speed up your loss the best way for nearly everyone is to eat meat, veg, lots of fat and not too much dairy.

I bet your cake was to blame - even lower carb substitutes like soya flour can raise insulin levels and the carb count looked low to me although I don't know if you used granulated or liquid sweetener? Try cutting things like that out and go back to basics for a week - but eat, don't starve yourself!

Hi, no it wasnt the cake as I have been stalled for nearly a week now but I do think perhaps I am eating too much. Expect things will go a little pear shaped at the wedding tomorrow so will just get back on the wagon.

I have spent the past hour hunting through my wardrobe for a wedding outfit and I am finally happy with my choice. All things I couldnt have got into a few weeks back.

Have you used my fitness pal to actually log how many carbs you're eating? Sometimes you can underestimate them. The app is good as you can scan bar codes to get info to add straight to your diary.

Enjoy the wedding! X

Missed you this weekend, hope the wedding went ok and you managed to keep the carbs reigned in!

Hi Fiona, think I might need a new phone for that app as I have a Blackberry. All OK at the wedding, didn't eat any pastry or bread but did have sugar in the form of booze and sorbet. Not much drink though as I was plastered after 3 glasses!!!

Going to have a weigh in tomorrow to see what damage has been done.

Wedding was fabulous, had a great time and did at least an hours dancing last night.

Well, I am 13 stone 6lb and was convinced some more had come off but it hasn't. Grrrrr. Not sure what I have to do to get into the 12's. Driving me crazy. Will get my Atkins book out later.

Morning! Would love to be 13 st 6! Lol, guess its all relative. Shame about not being able to get the app, online one is good too.

May discuss changing the phone as it is ready for an upgrade. I have been so good and the weight is sticking, so annoying.Yesterday's food

B - 2 eggs and 2 rashers bacon
S- jelly
L- 2 rice cakes with cheese and Marmite
D- avocado, parmesan and chicken salad and jelly with creme fraiche
Water, coffee with Alpro, vitamins

I've got an Android phone, love it!

How many grams of carbs are you going for a day? Rice cakes are about 7g each. So kinda scary for me! But guessing you must be having more carbs than me, I'm sticking to the Induction 20 for another few stone. :)

Back