feeling like a big fat failure

The point is you had a 7lb loss & you can lose 7lb again. Maybe not all in one week again, or even two or three but you can & you will lose it if you stay on plan. We all have blips & life happens & throws us off & hey let's face it, sometimes other things are too important so you cant worry about syns & that third of superfree. But don't lose sight of where you want to be & how good that 7lb loss felt. You will lose more & it'll feel great, just write off this week - it's done, you can't change it, but you can limit the damage by sticking to plan from now. If you give up those 7lb will come back, & you might find 7 more... I'm an emotional comfort eater too so I fully empathise with you, but we only make ourselves feel worse by carrying on, so make a positive choice & just say to yourself 'I had crap week, I ate crap but tomorrow will be better, I will make it better, I will continue towards my goal'. Someone said they'd saved me a space back on the wagon, & I'm on it & there's def room for you too :) xxx

Debridger said:
Incentives & rewards are great
How about some jewellery ?
A pair of earrings for 7lb a matching necklace for 14lb etc
Or one of those pandora style (the real ones are too expensive) but a bracelet you can add a new bead on for each 7lb - that's what I've done then when I'm finding things difficult I just fiddle with the beads I've added to remind me why I'm saying no to that extra beer, or glass of wine, bar of chocolate

Sending you positive vibes and warm hugs

What a great idea, I'm going to do that too. X

klairbear said:
well I attempted to rescue my disastorous day and have speed soup for tea, which I ended up burning and so I succumbed to the take away :mad::cry:

now feel I have wrecked everything and am asking myself whats the point??

Oh no please don't feel like this. Nothing is wrecked I promise. You lost 7lb last week after a weekend away so you know you can do it. Get back on plan now and all will come good. X

well I attempted to rescue my disastorous day and have speed soup for tea, which I ended up burning and so I succumbed to the take away :mad::cry:

now feel I have wrecked everything and am asking myself whats the point??

Hey klairbear

Don't do this to yourself, you're on here talking about it which can only be a good thing. Did you enjoy the take away? When I'm in that frame of mind I tend to eat everything and enjoy nothing :rolleyes:

Write it off and more importantly bin the guilt, come back fighting tomorrow. We're all behind you :grouphugg:

thanks for the replies you loveleys. I have had a better day today, resisted the crisps at work and have so far only used 2syns.Still have a HEB to use so have a cereal bar I can use for that and hopefully that will take care of my sweet craving!!! Will dip it in a cup of options if need be!

Going to go for another walk tomorrow,and check out the swimming times though I dont think I am brave enough to go yet!! Trying to stick to slow and steady with the exercise until I feel more comfortable.

Thanks again

KB xx

Hi KB,

Firstly well done on your weight loss. That's really really amazing! You should feel very proud of yourself. Even if you don't lose anything this week you will still be half a stone lighter than you were two weeks ago. I wish I could say that!

Everyone has blips now & again, we are only human! What makes people successful (in all sorts of things) is their ability to get back up & start again.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Try & think what you would say to a friend if they had done the same, I bet you would tell them how well they had done up to now & that they should keep on going. It's ever so easy to be hard on ourselves when we don't deserve it.

Em x

Hi KB,

Don't be too hard on yourself. Try & think what you would say to a friend if they had done the same, I bet you would tell them how well they had done up to now & that they should keep on going. It's ever so easy to be hard on ourselves when we don't deserve it.

Em x

So true, agree 100%!

I am really bad at applying positive messages and encouragement to myself. I have extremes of feeling really good and then really bad about myself. Just had a horrible expereince at my local butchers. I live in a little town and the butchers shop is quite small and is always busy. I went in today to get some shopping and it was so busy I was right behind the door. A lady who had walked in just ahead of me (and shut the door in my face) glared at me, turned to her friend and said 'it suddenly feels so much smaller in here. I am surprised anyone can still move'. I took it she meant me and my size. Maybe she didn't but her body language and tone of voice spoke volumes. I fought back tears but did hold my head high and stayed in the shop till I had got what I needed. I know I am fat (really really fat) but I don't know why people feel it is ok to be so cruel. And also when people are cruel to me it gives me permission to be cruel to myslef because it feels like I have nobody to stand up for me. I have lots I need to work on in terms of self esteem and belief, but people like that lady just drag me down.

I am really bad at applying positive messages and encouragement to myself. I have extremes of feeling really good and then really bad about myself. Just had a horrible expereince at my local butchers. I live in a little town and the butchers shop is quite small and is always busy. I went in today to get some shopping and it was so busy I was right behind the door. A lady who had walked in just ahead of me (and shut the door in my face) glared at me, turned to her friend and said 'it suddenly feels so much smaller in here. I am surprised anyone can still move'. I took it she meant me and my size. Maybe she didn't but her body language and tone of voice spoke volumes. I fought back tears but did hold my head high and stayed in the shop till I had got what I needed. I know I am fat (really really fat) but I don't know why people feel it is ok to be so cruel. And also when people are cruel to me it gives me permission to be cruel to myslef because it feels like I have nobody to stand up for me. I have lots I need to work on in terms of self esteem and belief, but people like that lady just drag me down.

She may not have meant anything other than it was busy - sometimes when we are sensitive about issues we read things into things that are not there.

If she was being personal then what a horrible trollish woman she is. She must have real issues with herself to feel the need to be sooooo nasty. She will end up being on her own as miserable sad lonely old trout.

Ignore people like that - you are doing something about your weight and we are all with you.

Oh KB, how horrible for you. The other day some girls on the bus called me miss piggy, so I know it's horrible.

It might not have been about you, it's easy when your feeling sensitive to think people are being horrible about you.

If she was being nasty about you than what a ghastly woman! Maybe you can try & turn it into a positive - think this time next year with hard work & determination you could have the figure you dream of, but it is unlikely this time next year she will be a nice person. For all those people who doubt you or are horrible think I'll show you!

You can get there. It won't always be easy but you can do it.

Em x

I am sure it was aimed at me, she is a right stuck up witch who thinks she is better than everyone else.

I used my upset and anger in a positive way at least and went on my sisters cross trainer for 10 minutes. First time for everything and I will try and build up the time.

Stick with it hun. Your money is as good as hers in any shop. If your butcher is able to provide the meat etc you want, you carry on going there and hold your head up high!! You don't owe that woman nothing...nothing at all!!! :bighug:

At least when you've lost your weight you will have something to show for it. With her nasty demeaning attitude she has nothing to look forward to in life but staying a miserable old cow!! ;) She needs to be careful as many a person would have told her about herself big time...but that will come... Karma is a wonderful thing...;)

Unfortunately there are many vile people like this woman around, I'm sure we can't swear on here but if I were a poet I would say duck her!

Even if you are as overweight as you say no polite, nice, well-mannered person would EVER say that to someone. She is the one with issues and karma will turn round a bite her back, people like that end up lonely, hateful and twisted with no one that cares about them...something you'll never be whether you're fat or thin!

I'm so sorry to read about your couple of horrid days - as they say, these things are sent to try us.....and they have, look what you've done -
Been walking, got back on plan, and been on the cross trainer - what an achievement - well done
You stick with it girlie - you'll get there :)

Good afternoon all!

Well, due to work reasons and family reasons I have had to change me weigh in day to Sundays. To say I got on the scales this morning with some trepedation would be an understatement! Six days since last weigh in and a big blow out half way through the week, well, I wasn't expecting much. I would have been happy with a loss of 1 or 2lb (it was all I felt I deserved) but I would understand if I had stayed the same. I was therefore most surprised and shocked that I had lost more than the 2lb I had hoped....I have lost 7!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I still can't quite beleive it! I even got my sister to check my weight this morning thinking I must be reading it wrong but no! I feel releievd that I didn't blow it and have been further motivated to keep it up (and Off)!!
I have been on the cross trainer again today and managed an additional minute. I have done some weights (to hopefully tone up my bat wing arms!) whilst watching tv. And I am attempting to cook a new recipe that I found on here - the baked bean lasagne (I will let you know the results later!)

I can't stop smiling! :)

Baked bean lasagne - yum yum yum! Easily made six portions so three of them have been put in the freezer and myself, mum and sister pleasantly full!!

I did tweak the recipe slightly by adding the syn free cottage cheese to the top before adding the cheese. Made it much cheesier and so scrummy!

Going in such of more recipes and insprirations now!

Back