Feeling rough!!!!!!!!!

fatpossum

Silver Member
Hi Chaps,

I am coming towards the end of week two and am feeling really dreadful. I have no energy whatsoever. I expected the first week to be difficult but it wasn't bad at all but for the last few days I am wiped out! Walking upstairs is an effort, walking uphill even getting out of the car!!

I am not unfit - prior to starting LL I had been a regular Spinner (averaging 3/4 classes per week for the past 6 years). I didn't Spin last week because I thought it best to allow my body to adjust to the changes and fulling intended to start back on Wednesday - but I am completly devoid of energy.

When I stand up I can feel my heart thumping hard and my muscles ache (thighs particularly).

Has this happened to anyone else?

I can recall feeling like this when I was a teenager and would go on what was then termed a "crash diet".

What worries me most of all is that this awful feeling might be all for nothing because it might mean that I am not in ketosis!! I have been completly abstinent from "normal food" so what's going on?

Miserable Fatpossum

Hi Chaps,

I am coming towards the end of week two and am feeling really dreadful. I have no energy whatsoever. I expected the first week to be difficult but it wasn't bad at all but for the last few days I am wiped out! Walking upstairs is an effort, walking uphill even getting out of the car!!

Yes I was like this, my legs felt like they were made of lead, it was really hard going to get my son to school. It did pass, I think I felt like this for about 3 days....then ....gone !

I am not unfit - prior to starting LL I had been a regular Spinner (averaging 3/4 classes per week for the past 6 years). I didn't Spin last week because I thought it best to allow my body to adjust to the changes and fulling intended to start back on Wednesday - but I am completly devoid of energy.

When I stand up I can feel my heart thumping hard and my muscles ache (thighs particularly).

Has this happened to anyone else?

You are not alone, I was thinking I was the only one to have this happen to them.

I can recall feeling like this when I was a teenager and would go on what was then termed a "crash diet".

What worries me most of all is that this awful feeling might be all for nothing because it might mean that I am not in ketosis!! I have been completly abstinent from "normal food" so what's going on?

Nothing to do with ketosis, I think its just your body adjusting to the new regime....as you are consuming less calories the body has to prioritise which part gets the most nutrients.

Miserable Fatpossum

It should pass soon.

I did have something similar but mine was earlier on, felt like my legs were made of lead and that gravity was pushing me down -- probably just our bodies getting used to not getting the calorie kicks they're used to. Hopefully tomorrow you'll notice a big difference in how you feel.

Cath

Aww big hugs! Can totally relate to this - day 6 was my nemisis! I'm now on week 6 (not sure how I managed it but I did!!) and still struggle with stairs for some reason! At week 3 I began to feel more "normal" and was able to do more. As the others said you need to listen to your body (one of the plusses of LL I think as never knew what it was saying before!!) and go with it! It does get better promise! Dont give up (I nearly did just because of the energy levels) as it will get better & is SOOOO worth it!!

No longer feeling rough!!

Hi Chaps,

Just to say that my rough patch appears to have lifted. The palpatations when I exert myself have all but abated and I am feeling quite human again.

Thanks for the sympathy.

Fatpossum

It is good to hear your feeling better.

I have seen some say if you have a LL meal after exercise that it does help.

Don't over do it though as it is not recommended while SSing.

Love Mini xxx

Thats great news......still take it easy though, you dont need to go mad.....your body is still adjusting.

Please can I ask....what is Spinning? Sorry, but never heard of it?

Glad the grotty feeling has passed too. I felt like total poo around days 3-5, but then it lifted as quickly as it arrived and all was well!!

Spinning is a form of torture! No seriously it's not it's a gym programme - it just felt like torture to me.

You sit on an exercise bike and pedal like hell for maybe an hour - increasing and decreasing your speed at certain points, at the same time you do like press ups on the bike and well let's just say that I didn't go back for class 2. Got to say though that the people who do the classes do love it.

Cath

I feel normal!

Hi Chaps,

Just to say that I went along to my usual Spinning class tonight and I was absolutly fine - no problems whatsoever!

I was expecting to feel awful but I felt no difference whatsoever - can't believe it. Delighted. I love my Spinnings classes and would hate to have to miss them.

They are also an excellent way to tone up.

Have booked another for Wednesday and if that is okay I will do Friday as well.

I am not overdoning it - Spinning is not new to me - I have been doing it for about 6 years (3/4/5 times a week) - prior to that I did RPM for about 4 years. Why then am I fat!!! It defies logic.

Will keep in touch.

Smug Fatpossum.

Hi FB,

Delighted to hear that you're feeling better, and kudos to you for the spinning classes - I'm too scared to even try it!

Love,

Jas.xx

Well Done Fatpossum

You have done so well to work through it and come out the other side.

I think you were right not to exercise for the first couple of weeks, I didn't and that is the advice that is given when you first start LL.

Take the first few weeks easy though, because you have dropped a lot of calories and will have good and bad days. I exercise at the gym 4 times a week for an hour and a half at a time. Some days are good and some bad, I always feel better when I finish, but I must admit my legs, body and mind are always exhausted, yet I can't sleep.

I hope you are still feeling good today, keep us posted with your progress and don't knacker yourself out on that bike.

Well done and keep up the hard work
:hug99:

Back