Finally Got the date for my tummytuck after 17 stone loss.

You look amazing! What a fantastic journey you've been on. I wouldn't worry too much about the appearance for now, it will take a long time for everything to settle down after the surgery.

Wow. You look fantastic and thanks for sharing your before and after pics. I can completely understand you being critical of the TT. I know I would be the same regardless of how many folk told me how amazing I looked. But it really is early days and its bound to settle down. Do you have to go back to see the surgeon at all?

im going back to see the nurses thursday for my dressings off completly... and she said the surgeon is around that day incase your not happy with it and things need sorting further. but im not holding my breath he will be there lol. x

I think it looks great...

I second the recomendation for dermatix gel, I used it when I had a gynae op which involved an incision down the middle of my lower belly - the scar healed flat, fine and very feint... would definitely recommend it, it is specifically designed to miniminse scarring after surgery, its in a different league to moisturisers, as it actually creates a layer of silicon over the scar, which encourages the scar tissue to heal flat.

Its about £30 for a small tube, if i remeber right, but you use very little, so it goes a long way. I would definitely use it again if I had any further surgery.

I think it's such early days after your surgery - too early to see what the final result will be. Try and see the surgeon when you go to have the dressings removed, to put your mind at rest. I'm also aware that after my surgery (which was a completely different area!) I had to stop myself looking in the mirror and obsessing over which bits were right, and which were wrong.

Oh, and yay for being able to take those stocking off - bet that feels good!

Hi Kira,

I think you look amazing! To me, it your abs look fairly even and I am sure it will look even better over time. Also, once you are healed you may be able to do some exercises that will finish up the firming and toning.

Also, keep in mind that even people who have not lost 17 stone or had and TT (esp. one in which you are cut up and across!!!) are not perfectly symmetrical... no "real" person is.

I am a big fan of vitamin e oil for scars and I think I mentioned before that in the U.S. I was able to buy scar reducing bandages aka plasters for a injury my daughter haad on her face (and they worked).

I think you have done so well and been very brave to share all this us. Thanks.

Mel X

P.S. I agree with you on the stockings I had to wear them after I had my C-section (the reason I would like a TT). And as I had my c-sectionin a German hospital I had to wear them for ages longer than I would here or in the U.S. (and they like to keep you for two weeks after the op!).

kIRA I cannot believe how amazing you look wonderful just wonderful. Think you look amazing and I would not worry about your tt it looks amazing honestly think the surgeon has done a really good job . I am a community nurse for kids doing respite and dressing etc for them . We had a run of kids with a huge scoliosis scar running the full length of their spine . We got the gp to prescribe them Mepiform its a very expensive dressing from Molnlycke for the care and reduction of scar tissue . You may have a bit of a battle to get your gp to presrcibe it but persevere these kids had really good results from it. Once again you are amazing, well done!

Just wanted to say Congratulations on your amazing story, thank you for sharing it with us, and I am so pleased all went well in your operation. It sounds like your nurse will keep an eye on you and help you allay any concerns (and chase the surgeon if needed!).

Weather is meant to be a bit warmer this week so bet you're glad to be shot of the compressions stockings!

I am absolutely gobsmacked, you look amazing honeslty you are such a big inspiration!!
Also i wouldnt worry for now about it being uneven, i would say it is the swelling and when it goes down you will look even more amazing!
well done on everything hunni!!
xxx

looking good hun, glad to see all was a success! hope your enjoying the new body xx

Kiira

I think everyone has said it already - you look fantastic. I had a hysterectomy almost 20 years ago when still pretty slim and after it I loooked about 6 months pregnant from the swelling. And the bruising went through purple, black, green and yellow and lasted for about 6 weeks. Your piccies at 11 DAYS look really superb and I'm sure a lot of the unevenness is due to swelling.

You really are an amazing young lady. I've read a lot of your Random Ramblings diary and am staggered at how you have dealt with and overcome all the difficulties in your earlier life.

I know it's all been said before but your weight loss is stunning - as are you chica. Good luck for the future new you!

Second dressing change

So went to the dreaded hospital again and this time the expierience was really good , friendly lovely nurse she was a burns nurse but was covering on the plastic unit so she had to keep going to get some info from other people but she managed to help put me at ease.

my scars are all fully closed and healing fine.
my dressings are only on for padding due to some scabbing that she doesnt want me to knock off with my clothes.
i can shower and put dressings on myself afterwards now. (im actually scared to shower but i think ill give it a try tomoz).

i dont need a further check up until 2 weeks today so that will be the one month mark..

the skin is actually tightening as its healing it was much looser at my first check up but today it looked better , i asked if this was normal and she said it will tone as im healing....

also asked about my thighs as they have really gone much fatter and wider and she has said its swelling and will go down =] pleased and more at ease..

heres a few pics taken today.. 2 weeks post op... im very flat when i stretch upwards and lie flat so im hoping it will heal better =D

thanks for everyones support xx

Attachments

• photo(44).JPG
    photo(44).JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,420
  • photo(48).JPG
    photo(48).JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 2,167
  • photo(45).JPG
    photo(45).JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 926
You really are looking stunning chica! So pleased for you.

Superb love, I'm so pleased for you kira, I bet in a few weeks when it's all over you'll be stunning.

You're looking great. It's only two weeks after the surgery and you already look amazing. I'm sure that as the time goes it will be even better:)

x

Hi Piink, wow amazing story and weightloss. Congratulations! You look amazing, and I think your stomach looks fabulous! I wish my tummy was a flat as yours. Look forward to reading your updates!

You look fantastic. x :)

Just wanted to say I've been having a read and seen your pictures and WOW!!! Congratulations on losing such a phenomenal amount of weight, which must have seemed like a mountain to climb when you started on your journey!! I felt that I was taking on a lot trying to lose 5 stone! You are an inspiration to ANYONE wanting to lose weight, from having 1/2 a stone to lose to having 30 stone to lose! The principle is the same- it takes hard work and determination to do it but we must never give up! I bet you're feeling great now after your surgery! To reduce your BMI from over 60 to just 23 is just staggering! XXX

17 stone weightloss??? I'm gobsmacked cos here I am worried about losing 5 stones. How did you do it?

Back