Finally Got the date for my tummytuck after 17 stone loss.

here are a few of my diary extracts.

NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY!!

So i thought i better do a quick writeup the night before my surgery , its 11:45pm , ive just got changed into my sleep nightie & drunk my last bit of water im allowed before surgery. Have been told im 2nd on the list which is around 10am, so by dinnertime tomoz i should be all done and resting. My surgeon will be coming to see me first thing to draw on me and i have to sign a consent form to allow him to operate , he will go through all the risks and complications with me. watching shutter island on these hospital tv's which cost a fortune to rent but saves boredom i guess...this film is creeepy!! but takes my mind off tomoz a bit...im feeling ok half asleep but wide awake at the same time , had my BP checked twice and had a blood thinning injection in my hip. nurses seem friendly enough , the room is pretty impressive, its a newly built hospital and im in my own side room with an ensuite bathroom all to myself... Tom says its better then his travel lodge haha.

Spent years dreaming of this and here i am seems like just yesterday i was 25 stone , ill be ok i owe it to myself and all those i inspire, my story and message to everyone is not done with , will write more in morning..

MORNING OF SURGERY!!!

its morning and woke up around 6am & first thought was "LONGGGG DAY AHEAD" mouths all dry not allowed to drink aything or eat so it feels icky. The thing i hate the most is these dammm stockings i have to wear for the leg compression they feel so tight it almost hurts. TOLD IM GOING IN FIRST!! as first surgeon was running late so im up!! omg im freaking a little now... my hands are shaking so badly lol...gawd this is crazy it hurts just thinking about it all , but i know it will be ok....so last night i slept well , i did have a light sedative to help me sleep though so maybe that...soon as i dropped off to sleep i was woken at 1am by doctor coming in to take bloods... was told they needed it incase complications in the op , as i was overweight for long time my bodys blood vessels are larger then most so i have a high risk of over bleeding in the operation.

still feeling ok about it though...i can smell the breakfast trolleys coming and stupid nurse teases me by asking if im nill by mouth and cant eat... i say yeah and she goes away lol.... mouth so dry.

wish i could go for a run...

this was my before surgery diary i will write more later ...

ON A GOOD NOTE IM FEELING MUCH BETTER!!

Went to see the emergency docs last night as i have a fluid build up in my thigh and i was freaking.. she sed its normal and will disolve on its own so thats all good. i feel imeadeatly much better ..

been to the toilet today and feeel better as i can go normaly now no straining... also took off my binder today to put it on straighter as it was digging in looked first time in mirror and whoa my tummy is tight and smooth apart from bumps of the swelling... i have no jelly tummy omg it made all this so worth while omg happier then i have been in days... and ive had quite a lot of tears and emotions..

swelling is bad but just started taking arnica and bromelian as been told they are good so lets see.

going for my dressing change on friday and i might have dressings off all together we shall see... i want to take pics for you but it will have to wait.. mine is a bit more intensive as ive had a FDL TT (vertical and horizontal) so ill have a huge scar down middle too but so worth it compared to the mass of skin i had in middle...

so thats all i can manage for now ladies...

xxx

heres a few photos ...taken yesterday 9 days after surgery. still have a lot of swelling its my time of the month also.. so prob more swelling due to that BUT i wore a short top for the first time ever....i dont mean crop top just one that hits my waist and not my usual cover my knees type top lol..

healing pretty well...i had a nightmare with the dressings , went to liverpool on friday to get my dressings changed she said the incisions looked much older than they were and they are healing sooo well. she put my dressings on while i was in a L shaped sitting on a bed... when i stood up of course my skin was pulling on the dressings and really ripping away from the scars.... i told her it was too tight but she said its because its a new dressing and would get better... so i accepted this and came home...

Got home to north wales and saw that the dressings had been ripped down and i had a 2-3 inch uncovered bit of the scar and the dressings were still tight and pulling.. i phoned the hospital and said we could go back to liverpool or go to A&E as we couldnt afford keep going back to liverpool i went to A&E and spent 2 hours up there and had dressings all changed.. i couldnt believe it all and was very tired emotional and upset.

after i was home i was getting changed for bed and something felt strange.. i then noticed that i had around 8 inches of my hip scar undressed and i was so shocked i nearly fainted.. luckily i had extra dressings here so i could dress it myself BUT omg!!! i really wasnt happy that day..

saturday was much better i actually went into town (llandudno) and got my piercing changed back by my piercer (i was still wearing bloody plastic one from my op)... and i walked around town and had a good day.. feeling it today though..

the only thing on my mind right now is these freaking compression stockings its day 10 today and i want them off... i been told 10-14 days so not sure when they can come off i HATE them.

hope everyones ok.

im not totally happy with my tummy seems Thick and not shapley but im guessing some is swelling so ill just wait.. im in sizes 10-12 instead of 8-10 and my old trousers just wont do up at all ... grrr.. still ill give it time..

considering what they had to work with i think they have done a good job x

Attachments

• photo(15).JPG
    photo(15).JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 1,069
  • photo(31).JPG
    photo(31).JPG
    354.4 KB · Views: 773
  • photo(19).JPG
    photo(19).JPG
    329 KB · Views: 617
  • photo(34).JPG
    photo(34).JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 657
  • photo(29).JPG
    photo(29).JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 548
thankyou for all your ongoing support , ive made a few posts to keep you updated so enjoy reading them and i hope to post more with more pics soon xx

Oh my goodness - just read your story, how amazing are you! Congratulations on a brilliant achievement you look so good - here I am thinking losing 8 st was impossible and you've inspired me. Hope you're continuing to heal and are feeling great

Well done Kiira... hope you're healing well!
xx

thanks everyone im doing well , or i was until i realised i need put the stupid stockings back on now lol.. x

Hey Kiira, nice to hear you're doing well, your pics look fab, I'm still in awe of all that you have come to achieve; you've come so far and hopefully the time will fly by and you'll be all healed up, swelling free and able to wear your 8/10's. I know how you feel about the compression stockings...I have to wear them all day, every day...they are a special kind of torture!

Last edited:
You look amazing! Your story is such an inspiration. Hope you're recovering well (and fingers crossed the stockings can come off soon) x

morning ladies.. and gents =D...
thanks for your posts..

chritiana why do you have to wear them so often? i at least will be able to take them off soon (i hope) so i do not envy you =[ x

kernow jo- thanks for posting , im sure they will remove the skin but knowing nhs they might find a way out of it so best bet is to ask them, hernias happen due to excess weight and heavier lifting if you have loose skin that can cause hernia's so you might be on to a winner there i'll keep my fingers crossed for you x

well at the mo im still paranoid about the bump thats just under the middle of my breasts .. its where the stiches end and its sticks out when i stand up im hoping it will settle a bit .. fingers crossed anyways because i really dont want to have more surgery as the nurses suggested i could have should i need it x

Morning Kiira, looks like it all went well then love, great pics and be patieent with the support stockings :)

Honey, you look amazing, I am so happy for you!

Never underestimate the swelling - partly it's due to the GA, also. I have had some plastic surgery and it really took a while for the swelling to completely go. I have a forum friend who's had a facelift and her bruises and scars are great three weeks on, but she still has the swelling! It'll be so worth it for you.

The stuff for scars (once they are healed completely, and your surgeon says it's ok) that I used was Dermatrix - it is a bit pricey but very good. There is lots of research that says that it's the massaging that's good for helping scars fade, rather than whatever cream/oil you are using, so you could just use vitamin E oil from Holland and Barratt.

Happy recovery!

hey Jiiim!!! haha im patient they are on my legs still LOl... but its the 11th day today and the doctors say wear them 10-14 days so technically i should be able to take them off? im walking a lot well more then expected yesterday i walked for over a hour in the evening and half an hour in the day... so surely im not at much risk?.

and thankyou for the cream recomendation i shall look into it i have bio oil , cocoa butter oil , and alsorts and i dont care about price when its your body , shame i dont have 20 grand sitting around or id have my full bodylift no questions asked but alass im not a lottery winner just yet xx

I'd keep them on for the full 14 days love, why take a risk sweetheart

That's not over cautious love, just common sense

i rung to check and they said 10 days is enough so i removed them , yayyy!
just took some more pics ill upload in a min.. im really not happy i looked at it sitting down and its still pretty loose in parts.. doesnt help that one side is pretty tight and nice and the other is pretty loose and has uneven pieces of loose skin.. i didnt care about it being symetrical to a certain degree but i did care about one side looking so much different i look very fat even though i know im healthy bmi.. its crazy how much it plays with your mind when you do this surgery stuff.

i know some parts still swollen and thats okay but i doubt the loose skin will just attach itself and start shrinking along with the healing???

gahhh i better stop moaning..

heres the pics , 11 days after operation.

Attachments

• photo(35).JPG
    photo(35).JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,108
  • photo(36).JPG
    photo(36).JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 487
  • photo(37).JPG
    photo(37).JPG
    97 KB · Views: 517
  • photo(38).JPG
    photo(38).JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 564
  • photo(39).JPG
    photo(39).JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 508
and a few more , as you can see one side (left) goes in nicely and i can see my abs and feel them but the other side is too loose and the loose fat is still there.. i hope im being prematurly worried and that this will fix itself. x

Attachments

• photo(40).JPG
    photo(40).JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 486
  • photo(41).JPG
    photo(41).JPG
    94 KB · Views: 535
Back