finally taking control of my body

Hey elm, lol, I have done the same thing with buying a conditioner thinking it was shampoo. and it sounds like u had a good day and all that walking in shops burns alot of calories...

Happy new year.

Hope you have a happy new year and that your alergies don't spoil it for you!

Day 48

3 07 in the afternoon. Most place by us got hit by tornados. Looks like 2012 came early?

Around 5 in the morning, I went to CVS and bought nyquil, dayquil, and nose strips so I can breath now. My dad was joking around how funny I sound. Weird how I got sick again, since I take loads of vitamins a day.

I'll be spending time with a bunch of family tonight. Sad that I can't bring Rex and he'll be all alone since the kids are scared of dogs. And since Rex is half alaskan wolf, he's more hyper and is only 2 years old.

I did eat a banana, orange, and bosnian pita. Tomorrow is weigh in day, so I'm sure I'll have a gain from all this meds and water.

I now have to go shower and get ready to buy more presents for the kids.

Happy new years to all, I hope 2011 will be amazing for everyone <3

Day 49

Yay its 1/1/11! Its 2 24 in the afternoon. I went to sleep around 7 (waited for my meds to kick in) and woke up around 1 31. I weighed myself, says I gained 4 lbs. So 254. and that's ok, because I know I didn't eat that much (I wish) lol

I'll just go a head and make a menu now of what I'll eat.

Already had banana and orange = 190
Lunch - 1 cup of soup, 1 pear = 190
snack - special k bar = 90
And no idea what for dinner, but I'll come back and update.

So far, had half a liter of water and a cup of peppermint tea.

Last night was pretty fun, actually. Boyfriend tried calling me for 20 minutes, finally reached me 49 seconds before it turned 2011, which made me happy.

My friend, whom I've known since I was born since she lived in bosnia as well, she got engaged last night after being with her guy for 2 years and 11 months now. They're too cute.

I also have a friends wedding to attend in July. Oh my, how crazy time is flying already.

Edit - ate 2 sandwichs and passed out from meds. Now its 1 53 in the morning and I'm bored.

Last edited:
Day 51

1 43 in the morning. Just woke up from a nap. Blah now I'll be up all night. Again.

From now on, making my schedule a day before so I can look back and follow it, instead of wondering what to eat when I'm suppose to eat.

Breakfast - special k, 1/2 cup skim milk = 155
Snack - 2 kiwi = 90
Lunch - 1 cup of soup = 90
Snack = 1 special k bar = 90
Dinner = special k, 1/2 cup skim milk = 155

Total = 580 calories

For the next 5 days, I'm trying to keep it under 800 just because I ate a bit too much yesterday. Hope to drink 3-4 liters.

Also, I'm starting on day 1 of the 30 day shred. I've had the dvd for over a month now, its time to use it. Any other exercise I do, I shall report tonight.

Yesterday, my aunt and uncle from my dads side came over and my aunt looks at me and asked if I lost weighed and I told her I did. (Note - I don't like compliments, my mom, dad, sister, brother know this so I never hear it) so when my dad said tell them how much you lost...I wanted to hide under a rock. Then he said tell them how long it has taken you, again I wanted to be invisible. But my uncle said I still need to lose more...AND that made me feel better.

I'm going to try to get back to sleep so I don't pick at junk food. If that fails, there's always working out to do.

Good night, all.

Day 52

Yesterday went pretty well. Actually had 705 calories. I also completed day 1 of the shred, I was in pain. I'm sure I'll feel the pain in the morning as well. Also took Rex out for a walk. It would be nice if this cold weather could go away so I can get out more but its only getting colder. Also got in about 2 1/2 liters of water, so today I need to drink more.

Its 1 07 in the morning now, can't sleep so I'm watching my brother play modern warfare 2 on xbox live. Right now I'm feeling hungry, but trying to drink a lot of water to help with that. I'm guessing the boyfriend fell asleep while I was working out so now I'm a bit sad because I wanted to talk to him.

Hrm, while I was out shopping, I forgot to look for a hula hoop so I shall do that today. My clothes are falling off my again, which I'm happy about.

Today....
Breakfast = special k, 1/2 cup skim milk = 155
Snack - banana = 100
Lunch = sandwich = 170
Snack - special k bar = 90
Dinner = special k, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1 orange = 255
Total = 770 total

I plan on doing day 2 of the shred. Also try to get more excerise in. And go on a hunt for a hula hoop lol I want one so bad.

At aldi's, a bunch of more healthy food is arriving Wednesday so I plan on food shopping, kinda excited actually.

Good night, all.

86alpzzyj said:
hey hun, you're doing really well
Hope you have a great day today xx

Doing pretty good actually, thank you. I hope all is well with you too, love.

Hiya Elm, how are you? I have been offline for a few weeks (I had flu so was off work, then I was off work all Xmas and New Year and just got back today). I have felt lost without all my friends on here hehe.

Hope to hear from you soon xxx

Still day 52

Its 3 58 in the afternoon, just got back home. I bought a hula hoop for $6. Too bad I don't remember how to do it lol so now I'll look it up on youtube. I'm sure I'll get a workout from trying to learn it though since I had to bend down many times to pick it up since it keeps falling lol. I also saw a 30 minute workout dvd for $6 but decided not to buy it, now its bothering me lol.

Day 53

Ate a bit over my calories.

So...I spent around half an hour trying to learn how to hula hoop. The results? Failed. I can't get it to go around more than 4 times. I have no idea how many times I had to bend down to pick it back up lol.

I didn't do the second day of the shred, but that's ok. I will do it today, along with a 5 mile dvd workout. I did work on my arms for 30 minutes. My thighs, well..everything is still sore from doing day 1 of the shred. I keep looking at my tummy in the mirror, and starting to like how smaller its getting. I really want to get a heart monitor but they are a bit expensive for me right now.

Ended up talking to the boyfriend for over 4 hours on the phone, didn't even know it was that long. Things are going really great between us. He said he couldn't wait for me to be in his arms soon, I told him I'm dreading it because of my weight lol. We ended up getting off the phone so he can get sleep, the words 'babe, you're amazing' randomly came out of his mouth which resulted to my cheeks hurting from smiling.

I also have to go food shopping today, which I'm excited for. Also, my brothers 3 week break is over and today he goes back to school so I'll be up at 7 30 to take him, even though it just turned 4 in the morning.

I want to push myself hard from now on to excerise.

I won't make a meal menu today, because I'll just eat what I'm craving. To tell you the truth, what I'm craving is special k and loads of fruits lol so I'll be eating that today.

Good night, all.

Hi Elm,

I hope you are well! I have spent some time going through your diary (that sounds wrong) and find it very interesting and sincerley wish you all the very best on your weight loss path.

I notice from your posts that you spend a lot of time awake through the night and that when you are awake you seem to spend a lot of time exercising. Whilst there's nothing wrong with this and far be it for me to tell anybody what to do but I am concerned that you're not building enough recovery days into your routine. I might be completely off the mark and feel free to tell me to mind my own business but thought I'd offer the advise.

All the best.

Jay

Reactions: elm
baker5518 said:
Hi Elm,

I hope you are well! I have spent some time going through your diary (that sounds wrong) and find it very interesting and sincerley wish you all the very best on your weight loss path.

I notice from your posts that you spend a lot of time awake through the night and that when you are awake you seem to spend a lot of time exercising. Whilst there's nothing wrong with this and far be it for me to tell anybody what to do but I am concerned that you're not building enough recovery days into your routine. I might be completely off the mark and feel free to tell me to mind my own business but thought I'd offer the advise.

All the best.

Jay

You're are correct about all of this, thank you for the advice as well. I will be working on it. :) hope all is going well with you, Jay.

Night 53

Its 10 42 at night, and today has been a good day. Didn't pass 1300 calories today, so I'm happy about that.

Did day 2 of the shred, yes my body is very sore. Also did 40 minutes on my arms, tummy, and legs/thighs. I'm hurting too much to do anything else for the night, but my body feels pretty good from workingout (even though its sore).

Hrm, don't feel like typing too much anymore for the night. I'll just go lurk around here instead.

Good night, all.

Day 54

So far had special k with skim milk. Haven't slept more than 45 minutes, and I can't sleep...no clue as to why. I'm seriously bored, its making me go crazy. The house is already clean as always, the internet is getting boring, and I want to workout but I know I need a day off. Blah, I hope this day turns around for me. Sadly its only 11 30 in the morning. ):

Hi Elm, Oh dear! You do sound in dire straits! I too suffer from insomnia and it's really hard to know what to do for the best isn't it? I find - as I did last night - as I doodle around, whatever I decide to do, I inevitably get very hungry and then there is no point in trying to go to sleep with a rumbling tummy so ended up having TWO slices of toast with butter! and then I went to bed and was able to sleep...:mad:
But to get back to you - do you have an opportunity to take a nap during the day? At least that would give you a little boost and sometimes because of lack of sleep getting extremely overtired can cause an ongoing problem. It's sometimes finding something that will break the cycle.

DO hope you have a good day, thinking about you...:wavey:

Reactions: elm
Hey elm :)

aww, you tried the hullahoping,lol...I tried that some time ago and it just didnt workout right and I was wondering....when u say shred do u mean jilluin's 30 day shred...If so I just got that dvd and I have only done it once...lol.

it wud be cool to do the challenge together....

Emmaline said:
Hi Elm, Oh dear! You do sound in dire straits! I too suffer from insomnia and it's really hard to know what to do for the best isn't it? I find - as I did last night - as I doodle around, whatever I decide to do, I inevitably get very hungry and then there is no point in trying to go to sleep with a rumbling tummy so ended up having TWO slices of toast with butter! and then I went to bed and was able to sleep...:mad:
But to get back to you - do you have an opportunity to take a nap during the day? At least that would give you a little boost and sometimes because of lack of sleep getting extremely overtired can cause an ongoing problem. It's sometimes finding something that will break the cycle.

DO hope you have a good day, thinking about you...:wavey:

Actually, I dont get hungry anymore when I'm bored. Mostly, my body wants to workout all the time. I sometimes can take a nap, but never lasts more than 3 hours. But 3 hours is better than nothing.

Hope123 said:
Hey elm :)

aww, you tried the hullahoping,lol...I tried that some time ago and it just didnt workout right and I was wondering....when u say shred do u mean jilluin's 30 day shred...If so I just got that dvd and I have only done it once...lol.

it wud be cool to do the challenge together....

Yes, that's the dvd that I'm talking about. I'm actually starting to enjoy it because it hurts but helps tone my body and only 25 minutes!!!!!! Haha, yes we can do a challenge together, that would help with motivation.

Day 56

Oh snap, lost 2lbs!:eek: I was hoping for more, but that's okay.

My body is back to feeling normal, no pain finally lol. So today, i start back up with the workouts.

The heat in our house turned off yesterday, i'm guessing due to it being way too cold so my mom and i went out and bought 2 of those small heaters that you just plug in. I woke up freezing, sneezing, and coughing...it was 50 degrees in the house! and normally its 73. My dad comes back home today, within a few hours actually, so he'll get to fix it.

Off to start my day. Hope everyone is well.

Day 57

3 22 in the morning.

Yesterday was a good day. I did eat 985 calories. But then my sister and I went to denny's and I ate...a lot. 2 hours later I still wasn't feeling too good about that food and ended up running to the bathroom and throwing up basically what I ate. Lesson learned, next time say no to going out to eat.

The boyfriend asked me if I would like to be his date for the Marine Ball in November. That's 42 weeks away, 294 days. Anyone else see that I'm dreading this? Haha. By then, I hope I have lost this weight, because I REALLY DO NOT want to be there looking fat with a bunch of fit people damn military lol. My goal is to lose 83 pounds by May.

Also, I actually slept on day 56 even though it was about 2 hours, still it made my mood better.

Now, I'm going to try to get more sleep since it will be a long day.

Good night, all.

Back