First ever thread of my own...8 stones gone!

squidgster

Hello all you lovely Minimins folk!

Really chuffed today to have reached the 8 stone lost mark! :party0049: Because I'm on no particular diet, my weight loss has been pretty slow, which means it feels extra good when I get to each milestone!

I've still got plenty to lose, but feel a million times better than I did 18 months ago. Am suffering pretty badly with the dreaded loose/saggy skin which gets me down abit, but I try to think that I'd far, far rather be slimmer with the loose skin that bigger again.

This is the first summer in yeeears that I would really love some nice warm weather - in recent years always hiding under layers of clothes meant I dreaded hot days! Bring on the sunshine!

Squidge xxx

Flipping amazing!!!! Tell me how you did it? I think 8st lost is a phenomenal achievement!!!

WOW - well done! And what an achievement to have done it all by yourself - what a complete star! You are looking fab!

Carol x

What in inspiration - well done, you look fantastic x

That's a fantastic loss!! Amazing! What kind of things do you eat day to day? xxx

congrats022.gif

8 stone off is absolutely terrific!!!

Congratulations and well done!!!:happy096:

Love Mini xxx

Thanks very much everyone! When you start out it feels like you're never going to get anywhere near where you want to be...it seems like you've got a mountain to climb! But things change over time, and here I am 18 months later much closer to my goal (whatever that is...) than I thought I'd get! The rest is going to be hard work though, I can tell!!

Flipping amazing!!!! Tell me how you did it? I think 8st lost is a phenomenal achievement!!!

I decided just to try and change my lifestyle to a healthier one. I'd never actually eaten that badly, but my weight was down to a lack of exercise and probably eating just too much quantity wise. I bought an exercise bike, on which I did 5 miles every day for the first 6 months or so, and for the past year have been doing 10 miles without fail. I try to eat heathily and sensibly (most of the time!), and always like to know what is in any food I eat (calories, fat, sugar etc).

That's a fantastic loss!! Amazing! What kind of things do you eat day to day? xxx

I would say I eat quite normally really - I haven't cut anything out altogether...just everything in moderation! I always have breakfast - which is cereal of some kind. Lunch might be a sandwich, or toast, or my favourite at the moment ryvita and houmous! Mmmm! Dinner is whatever is being cooked! I have the odd takeaway, the odd cake and biscuit here and there, and the odd bit of chocolate - wouldn't be able to give it all up completely! If I had been really strict with what I eat, I would have lost weight quicker - but I enjoy food, and didn't want to restrict myself too much!

Hello all you lovely Minimins folk!

Really chuffed today to have reached the 8 stone lost mark! :party0049: Because I'm on no particular diet, my weight loss has been pretty slow, which means it feels extra good when I get to each milestone!

I've still got plenty to lose, but feel a million times better than I did 18 months ago. Am suffering pretty badly with the dreaded loose/saggy skin which gets me down abit, but I try to think that I'd far, far rather be slimmer with the loose skin that bigger again.

This is the first summer in yeeears that I would really love some nice warm weather - in recent years always hiding under layers of clothes meant I dreaded hot days! Bring on the sunshine!

Squidge xxx

FANTASTIC loss Squidge !!!

WELL DONE YOU :D

Debz xx

Thats an amazing loss. What an inspiration! Congratulations!

~Silence~

Oh wow! That is so brill, well done! You look fab in your pic. Your such an inspiration!

Thanks guys! :)

Another rare addition to my diary, but thought I'd just add that as of today I am no longer considered 'overweight', according to my bmi - which is now 24.5! I'm not quite where I want to be yet, but probably for the first time since I was pretty young I'm considered an 'ideal weight for my height'. Yay!

WOW - what you have achieved is amazing, you look brilliant in your picture by the way - you must feel so healthy and proud.

Thats fantastic news... I lost approx the same. Was: 18.1stone Now: 10.2!! It took me 4 years but I've been 10 stone for 3 mths now and yes the saggy skin is a bit depressing but its well worth it.. How tall are you??

Champs xxx

Thanks both of you!

Champs - I'm 5'5". Congratulations yourself on losing all the weight!! How did you lose it?

Squidge x

Back