First fast day over (almost)!

Discussion in '5:2 Fasting' started by gleggers, 20 May 2014 Social URL.

1. gleggers

gleggers Full Member

Just done day 1 of 5:2 and man it was tough!! Hadn't eaten since 8.30 pm last night all the way through to 6pm this evening, surviving on herbal teas and black coffee. I woke up hungry so that didn't bode well but I survived. Just had chicken stir fry for tea which came in at 432 cals and will have a bag of salt and vinegar ringos at 65 cals once my kids are in bed. The weird thing is I feel almost just as hungry post dinner as I have all day - maybe I should have chosen something with less carbs and more protein? Does this get any easier?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. gleggers

gleggers Full Member

Well I lost 2lb after my first week of 5:2 so am very pleased as I'm breaking through that plateau finally. This week I fasted Tuesday and am fasting today. I must say I find fasting soooo hard as I feel so grumpy and all I think about is food!! Any tips for coping with the fast days??

4. xxxCazxxx

xxxCazxxx Silver Member

Hi, well done on your successful fasts so far! I think it's definitely easier with more protein and fewer carbs on fast days. It does get much easier to cope with fast days!

5. Lisa123

Lisa123 Silver Member

How are you getting on? I find when I fast to have more protein than carbs and to keep busy

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

6. gleggers

gleggers Full Member

Cheers. Well I got through the fast days and then have had a very indulgent weekend which has involved lots of calories on non-fasting days, probably meaning that I won't lose this week. Have decided to have a week off fasting this week and instead have added up my weekly total calories from fasting and non-fasting and averaged them out at 1400 per day which I think I would prefer as fasting makes me too grumpy!