First week! Loads to lose.

Hi Nurse. Hope you manage to get through your 12 hour shift OK. Unlike a lot of people I find it harder to stay 100% when I'm at work. I think it's because I leave home at 7 am and don't get back until 7.30 pm which is a long time to survive on just 2 packs - I have my 3rd when I get back. Well done for yesterday! I'll be rooting for you on monday but I know you'll have a brilliant loss because you've stayed so focussed!

Well! That was a tough weekend! I managed to stay 100% but only by the skin of my teeth! It was the hottest hospital ever I think never drank so much water and I was starving come the evening...been on your feet all day.
But.....it was worth it! Lost 5lb this week! Woo hoo! That's 1stone 10lb in total!

Well done! That's fantastic.

Right today is day four of my fourth week and I've found been on twelve hours shifts and on this diet is an absolute doddle! With been so busy I've not had time to think about food and as I'm no longer hungry I'm not getting ratty and struggling to concentrate when I don't get my break til late! I will succeed!

Thank you all so much for your support it means a great lot! I endeavour to continue my quest to leanness, and hope to smash the two stone target this week. I'm not completely hopeful I will manage this as although I've stuck to the diet I don't feel like I've lost any more weight but I refuse to get on the scales until at least Monday! So at least I have chance of losing a couple of pounds.

Monday I start my biggest challenge to date with seven 12.5 hour night shifts in a row, I know it sounds a lot but I work in a small team of nine nurse practitioners in acute medicine and we work a rota out of nine weeks, I do two weekends on call, two weeks of seven night shifts on call and five 12.5 hour days shifts in an admission unit! That's it the rest of the nine week period I am off and that's full time hours! Ace! I get three weeks off in a row every nine weeks, love my job, love my time off more! Am coping really well with the diet on my 12.5 hour days and on call but not done nights yet since starting. My team are ace and all offer support so I will just have to eat on with it, the worst day will be Monday when I am awake for 24 hours and three packs have got to last me I think I may deplete the supermarket supply of coke zero to keep me awake lol!

So wish me luck as I start my challenge and I wish you all well and hope you are all sticking to your diet and achieving good losses! Let me know how you are doing!

Weigh day Monday lets see if I hit that 2 stone mark, in five weeks that's b*****y going some! :) am excited!

Will be following your thread and good luck for Monday. Sounds like this is really working for you and your positive attitude will go a long way to getting to all of your goals.x

Don't believe I've ever been so hot today! I've managed my two days now for the weekend....thank you for all your support! Bring on the night shift! ;)

Hi Nurse. You're doing really well. Brilliant!

I think I may have walked my legs off! Up hill and down dale, scrambling through woodland and climbing stone walls, shady lanes and church yards! My b*****y legs are killing me! Am walking like a cripple after nearly 5 hours of trekking I think I need to lie down! All in the name of health and weightloss. I can usually manage five miles really easily but today has finished me off! Bring on the hot bath and the Brufen! Even my two border collies are unconscious, normally I can't tire the ******* out but they are both snoring along with the husband! I'd better have lost weight tomorrow or else! Even though I have eaten 6 cheese and onion crisps in the last two days! Lol! They tasted lush. That's six crips not six bags!

I did have quorn and salad last night at BBQ no carbs and low fat! Couldnt even fit my last shake in! Stuffed.com!

Anyway, this big diet thing is all in the name of health and fitness! I'm 40 next year and have just booked a big party! I need to wow my guests with my svelteness! I need to be a lean mean dancing machine by then! I refuse to be fat and forty!

Plus I'm attending a wedding in October in Gretna green and want a posh frock! Maybe my legs will look ok with all this walking, can feel my bum becoming more toned already! Can hardly sit on it!

I'll let you all know about the weigh in tomorrow! Night guys and keep up the good work! May the force be with you!

Well that wasn't worth waiting for! Poxy 2lb off this week! Next week better be better! Slightly annoyed really as I've been really good and had lots of exercise!

You can't keep having big losses otherwise you'd end up with really baggy skin! 2lb is good!

I think 2lb is fantastic, its quite a lot in fact so well done you. You may find your exercise helps with weight loss over the coming week and if you lose again, even better.

Thanks guys, I know 2lb is good but I'm an impatient sort of girl! Night shift now all week so hopefully will have a good loss Monday! Although my uniform is starting to resemble a tent! Lol!

Not a good look! ;)

I've done that too and been really grumpy with myself after a 2lb loss I found that it was just what my body does. After a few good weeks of losses I think your body just has a week or so to readjust. Wait till next week it will back to normal

Hope so FJK19, I've now been awake for 18 hours with 7 more to go! Not easy with only three packs! Hopefully Mondays weigh in will put a smile on my face!!

Back