First week! Loads to lose.

Hi nurse
Sounds like yr doing an amazing job especially with the long hours u do. Might be worth considering if u do back to back shifts and are up for 24hr period adding another shake/bar for that day as may help u to keep the hunger at bay xx

Well I think now I'm well and truly flipped onto nightshirt mode things are a bit easier.. Lost 2lb since Monday! So must be doing something right. Only thing with working night shift is the wanting of comfort food to nibble overnight:(. I'm not hungry just want salty nibbles.... Oh well one day at a time is all any of us can do. Am feeling a bit down at the moment really missing food...my goal seems such a long way off. Am now 17.3 after losing 2 stone. So I know I need stick at it for at least another six months which seems to be forever :(

Well I think now I'm well and truly flipped onto nightshirt mode things are a bit easier.. Lost 2lb since Monday! So must be doing something right. Only thing with working night shift is the wanting of comfort food to nibble overnight:(. I'm not hungry just want salty nibbles.... Oh well one day at a time is all any of us can do. Am feeling a bit down at the moment really missing food...my goal seems such a long way off. Am now 17.3 after losing 2 stone. So I know I need stick at it for at least another six months which seems to be forever :(

Hi Nurse

We all will have those down times, its natural. Food is a pleasure but for those of us who have struggled with weight, I suppose its about learning to eat sensibly and be sensible with treats, I doubt any of us would be here if we did that. So look at the bigger picture, 2 stone down is blooming fantastic and whilst I understand it often feels like there is a mountain to climb, 6 months of determination for the new you isn't that long in reality. Just think how fab you will feel and what an inspiration you are to others too.

Food is what got us here today and until we break those barriers, gain the benefits from weight loss, lose the unhealthy habits, then we just have to keep on going until we are in the place we truly wish to be. Try and look at one month at a time and soon you will be potentially on the last hurdle as from looking in, you are doing yourself really proud xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well said Jasper, that's what I do I don't think of how long it will take I just set myself a monthly target of one stone loss and so far have been there within a lb or two on target every time. I try to look at it in a positive way and say things like by the and of September I will be another two stone down. But I never look at the total time it will take if that makes any sense :)

I just make very small targets with no time scales now then ive nothing to fail on.
Remember we have food to enable us to live, we don't live for food!
U will get days or weeks when its hard but keep going as u have come such a long way already and will only be annoyed with yrself if u undo all yr hard work already xx

Sorry not been in touch guys! Lost 5lb last week which was great but not done well this week! Two packets of crisps sneaked up and ambushed me! I was helpless! Lol! TOTM was the main culprit I think, oh and a BBQ, but stuck to plain quorn and salad! So we shall see what damage has been done tomorrow!? I feel I'm not drinking enough fluid and I'm holding onto the fat a bit more but hopefully I'll make up for it this week! Total loss so far is 2stone 3lb!!!

Hi Nurse.Good luck for your weigh in. I'm sure you will still have a loss. You only had a small blip which shouldn't make too much difference.

I've lost 2lb this week so I'm now 16.12! Am quite happy with that at least I'm consistently losing every week, keep trucking I will get there!

You'd get really baggy skin if you lost too quickly! 2lb is great. You're doing really well.

Going great still feeling very well on it too 39pounds down since 21st May. How about you have you finished nights now?

Thats a fabulous loss i bet your really proud of yourself! Feeling ok, finished nights last Monday but starting again tonight for three ;( but hey, have got four packs today if I need it as it was really hard going that first night! Am determined to have a big loss this week! So I'll see how I go I will allow myself the fourth pack if I need it. Going to increase my fluid this week as being on long days at work and been difficult to keep drinking! Here comes forty trips to the loo!

To Lynne! I've never used so much bloody body lotion, I'm already stressing about baggy skin! It's my bingo wings that worry me the most! I'll be living in long sleeves! Lol ;)

Body lotion is our friend :) and possibly the plastic surgeon for the bingo wings. Think of all the calories you will burn walking backwards and forwards to the loo it's all win win!

To Lynne! I've never used so much bloody body lotion, I'm already stressing about baggy skin! It's my bingo wings that worry me the most! I'll be living in long sleeves! Lol ;)

I bought some bio oil which was quite good. I've always had really good skin but since I lost all this weight I've noticed looseness and I've got some horrible loose skin on my neck under my chin. I think its down to age with me. I wish I had got rid of all this weight when I was younger! However I'd still rather be thin with a bit of baggy skin than stay fat!

Well good news guys, have lost 5lb this week! Am well chuffed., just waiting for the red bean chilli to soak, anyone else tried it yet? Thoughts?

Back