First week results

Jupiter

Wow! Five pounds gone in my first week on Atkins. This is amazing! I haven't felt deprived at all and one week in I'm getting back into some of my clothes already.
I only set out to lose a stone so never expected this to happen so quickly!
Any advise on how to progress from here would be most welcome.
J x

Wow! Five pounds gone in my first week on Atkins. This is amazing! I haven't felt deprived at all and one week in I'm getting back into some of my clothes already.
J x

Congrats that's awesome! Not exactly inspirational advice this but stick to the plan and keep going.

There you go J, it works, keep it clean and green all the way. Well done.

It worked, stick with it :)

Great work Jupiter well sone. x

J x

spot on well done keep it up

Super first week Joop! You'll have that stone off in no time!

If I had any advice, it would be to stay off the grog as much as possible, and not to let any little treats creep in until you want to just maintain.

woohoo, well done that gal!

the trick now is to carry on, not get complacent 'i've done well, this won't do any harm' kinda thing, stay on track!

Thanks everyone, but I'm starting to worry about the health issues of such low carbs....
I feel really good, especially on an emotional level, really even keel, but is it really safe to do this? Help!

Hey, I've been doing this for 9 years now and my annual medical is great, and I mean that. Before I started Atkins at 25 Stone+ I had real issues with high BP, really bad blood tests and and I couldn't breathe. My Doctor was telling me I was going to die, now he says I'll live for ever, how can that be bad mate.

Jim said:
Hey, I've been doing this for 9 years now and my annual medical is great, and I mean that. Before I started Atkins at 25 Stone+ I had real issues with high BP, really bad blood tests and and I couldn't breathe. My Doctor was telling me I was going to die, now he says I'll live for ever, how can that be bad mate.

Wow! What sort of carb intake a day do you have now Jim? I'm guessing you are maintaining?
J x

Jupiter, Jim's off now until next week.

But check out the sticky at the top, interview with Jim, I think he answers it there - but from memory I think he's on about 40-50 a day?

Susie

steve (spud) has got his diabetes under control for the first time in years due to atkins. they where threatening to start him on insulin, but although he is still taking the tablets, we are anticipating that the dose will be reduced at his next check up.

my hair, skin and nails are so much better, my eczema is clearing up, my asthma is better....need we say more?

Back