Flexisynning

Interesting read! thanks MLM for a better insight to flexisyns x

Flexisyns = planned and in control.
Binge = unplanned and out of control.

Have I got that right?

There are quite a few of us who try to dispell the idea that you can flexi-syns and unplanned blow out, but the myth still runs around on here.
I also remember when flexi-syns were first introduced and they were always explained as a tool for special occasions by my Consultant, so I guess that, at the time, the idea was being misunderstood or misused all over the place!
Call a binge a binge and you're less likely to do it again, call it a flexi day and you might think it's condoned by SW.
I remember a post a little while back, I think it may have been by CocktailPrincess which said

1. Using syns weekly = adding up all your syns at the beginning of te week and deducting when you use them.

2. Flexi-synning = when you have a special occasion allowing yourself a set number of syns so that you have some control. You still have your daily syns for the rest of the week. You might not lose weight on a week when you have a flexi-syn day.

3.A binge = Eating everything in site with no control, unplanned

Now this i understand!!! I have used my syns as I need them, usually through the week it is less than 10 but if I want something nice at the weekend I can sometimes have 30-40 in the one sitting (this does not happen often but I do remain within my syns for the week like the countdown in point 1!

I *can* make it sticky - but as it hasnt ever been deemed stickyworthy before, I wouldnt like to be the one that does it - coz that seems... a bit.. yeah.:eek:

I *can* make it sticky - but as it hasnt ever been deemed stickyworthy before, I wouldnt like to be the one that does it - coz that seems... a bit.. yeah.:eek:

Well, i think it should be. :D

The difference between flexisynning and going off plan is important. I have done (still do :eek:) both. I find that when I plan a flexi syn day/evening eg I am allowed up to 50 syns tonight I end up having less than I have allowed myself, but if I just go off plan I have even more! Personallly, I've never 'posthumously' allocated a flexisyn day. As you say it's only flexisyns if you plan in advance :)

I would also like to see it a sticky, it is a fab thread and with any luck would stop the thing that gets on ny goat more than anything else on here-
"I've had a massive binge.."
"never mind just flexi syn it!"
Grrrrrr!

(i know this was the first point in this thread but it comes up SO often and bugs the hell out of me!)

hahaha!!! just came to bump this and say it should be made a sticky!!!
its something that comes up so often and is so misinterpreted that i think it really does need to be made a sticky so its there all the time...a good old proper explanation of what flexi syns actually are and the way they were intended to be used by sw.

Just wanted to add in I had a flexisyn day Saturday, I allowed myself up to 50 syns as I could feel an uncontrolled binge coming on and despite an unplanned snickers ice-cream bar after too much wine I still came in at 47.5 syns. So despite indulging in too much wine I still controlled what I was eating. An dit felt quite good. Now...the uncontrolled binge I had on Sunday was a different matter....

Back