Flexisynning

I flexisynned for the first time yesterday...I set 50 as my limit and I know I had 30 and am counting the other 20 as there is no way of measuring what I had as it was food from the German Xmas market and no nutritional info. Not sure what to expect with weigh in this week, but I've stuck 100% to plan every day and am continuing with exercise so fingers crossed I'll lose my half pound to get my 3stone award

Can't find anywhere to ask this - what does STS mean, please?

Hi - Can someone help me? I was thinking about this on Sunday. I went over my syns (Christmas Markets and I flexisynned for the first time) but I hadn't used any of my HEXB. I purposely avoided using my HEXB later as I was over on my syns. Surely that is better than using them?

Hi - Can someone help me? I was thinking about this on Sunday. I went over my syns (Christmas Markets and I flexisynned for the first time) but I hadn't used any of my HEXB. I purposely avoided using my HEXB later as I was over on my syns. Surely that is better than using them?
In that case, I'd say so - no point in calories for the sake of it, even if HEXB's. Others would say it's about the fibre and you need it. Horses for courses. But my personal view is that you were right.

i'm new to sw and asked my consultant if we could save our syns and she said she would explain it at the next meeting. she said that sw would say not to but that members do do it....so i'm no further forward. a girl at my class said she was told at her old class that it's 105 syns a week and she could use them whatever way ut i'm looking to see what most people think?
i'd happily save a few of mine if i knew i was, say going out for dinner at the weekend but if its a case of use or lose them then i'd happily use those extra few on chocolate or crisps lol ;) x

Flexi synning is different to using weekly syns. If you are flexi synning you decide a number of syns before an event like a meal/night out so that you can have it without losing control of the situation.
Some people use their syns weekly rather than daily so instead of having up to 15 a day they have up to 105 a week but the official ruling often seems not to do this and it doesn't work for some so its finding what you are happy doing and what works for you.
If it is done its reccomended that at least 5 of the 105 are used each day though not the whole lot saved for the weekend etc

Flexi synning is different to using weekly syns. If you are flexi synning you decide a number of syns before an event like a meal/night out so that you can have it without losing control of the situation.
Some people use their syns weekly rather than daily so instead of having up to 15 a day they have up to 105 a week but the official ruling often seems not to do this and it doesn't work for some so its finding what you are happy doing and what works for you.
If it is done its reccomended that at least 5 of the 105 are used each day though not the whole lot saved for the weekend etc
this makes perfect sense to me so thank you for explaining it. i guess what works for one doesnt always work for another so can only wait and see where i fit it lol. i think if i knew i was going out for dinner, i would try to be good before hand and then see what effect it had on the scales afterwards...and take it on the chin lol.
thanks again for that x

Well done, I never heard of flexisynning, but I have at least 1 day a week where I go off track, and it ruins my week, flexisynning the proper way could definitely keep me in control. Good luck with your journey x

Thanks I've always wondered properly what flexi synning was as usually if I go crazy I cal count for that day instead to keep some control and get back to SW the next day, I mainly use weekly syns as I always want some weekend freedom, never really done a proper flexi syn day, but doing one today, then back to normal tomorrow. x

I asked at my group about using syns weekly but was told to use them on just a daily basis,im following the green plan and really strruggle to use more than 5 syns a day if even that due to the fact by the time ive had my hea.. 2 heb and dinner usually of which most is free as im vegetarian so quorn,veg etc is free im too full for anything else,but really would like to be able to enjoy my weekends with a few more drinks,i tend to have four then have to go onto non alcohol as ive used around 10-12 syns feel a bit of a party pooper really as its only once a week,if i could use weekly syns id have no problem as during the rest of the week i hardly need them,really wondering if it would make much difference if i went over the 15 on a saturday and just stick to what im using the rest of the week which is not usually more than 5 a day

I've always used my syns whenever I wanted some days I'll have 15 syns then won't have any syns for a few days but then might have 45 syns of treats. I've been doing SW since it first come out in the early 90's and doing it that way as never affected my weight loss and back then it was nothing about synergy because they were actually called 'sins' lol. I think on the whole the jury's out on this one and its what works for you really and personal choice. But I do tend not to have my syns on the last 2 days of my week before WI don't know why think its psychological but I've always done it. :) xx

Thanks for the reply Lisa ive 2 more weeks doing a food diary then i think i might try weekly syns just for a week and see how i get on if i gain then ill go bk to what im doing now but if i still lose that would work out alot easier for me and i would actually use up some of the syns that im struggling to use

Like I said it never effected my weight loss just don't eat a shed load of syns the night before WI lol xx

Well reading this thread has helped me with a huge decision! On Sunday we are going out for dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday. The taverna will have an extremely limited menu, and as I don't eat meat I will either have to choose between deep fried salt cod/chips/salad or vegetables in lots of oil. We do not want our friends to know we are trying to loose weight as they will tease us (I know terrible) so were wondering how to count the syns or restrict ourselves. Having read everyone's opinions we have decided to have a night off plan as guesstimating the sys would depress us (so many in anything we can order), and we can enjoy ourselves without feeling guilty knowing we can jump straight back on plan on Monday.
Thanks guys!

Good that the thread has helped you decide what to do. A night off plan isn't actually flexi sunning but if it's what you think will work for you then great. Sometimes it is hard when eating out to know the exact syns in something and I do sometimes just allow myself what it takes to get through the occasion, the important thing is getting straight back on plan and not going mad for me anyway x

Well reading this thread has helped me with a huge decision! On Sunday we are going out for dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday. The taverna will have an extremely limited menu, and as I don't eat meat I will either have to choose between deep fried salt cod/chips/salad or vegetables in lots of oil. We do not want our friends to know we are trying to loose weight as they will tease us (I know terrible) so were wondering how to count the syns or restrict ourselves. Having read everyone's opinions we have decided to have a night off plan as guesstimating the sys would depress us (so many in anything we can order), and we can enjoy ourselves without feeling guilty knowing we can jump straight back on plan on Monday.
Thanks guys!

I haven't told anyone I'm trying to lose weight either -I don't know what it is, but I feel really uncomfortable about other people knowing. :confused:

I don't tell my family or friends anymore only because I've been on so many diets and failed that everytime I would say I was starting a new diet you see the glazed look come over their faces and the little quips start like how long is this one going last or,I thought you were already on one etc. Even when I start to lose weight and it starts to show I still won't say even if they compliment me.

Then one day I can turn round and say "In your face I've done it and you didn't believe me" :) x

Back