Flirty's diary ...............

So pleased you had such a great time - Prague sounds wonderful!! Not so good on the personal stuff - hope that all pans out ok for you and flippin well done on not taking solace in the biccy barrel!!! (I broke mine by accident some months ago and am dead glad I didn't replace it!).

Would love to see the photos - it sounds like a lovely time for you and your man :D

Will have to find out how to add photos - enjoyed looking at your Pompey ones.

Troubles ........ mmmmm where do I start?? Well here's number 1 ....

My step-daughter to be is 9 going on 15 when she wants to be and no-where near 3 when she doesn't! Some on here know we (Phil and I) have had problems with her ... and her mum for awhile. She came to us on Boxing Day - but only to get her presents from her dads side of the family and would not stay overnight at our house. She is allowed to do as she pleases at home (and that's down to her mother ... not interfering) but in our house we have our rules - which don't go down with DSD and his ex ........ so upshot is now she won't come to stay or visit. Whilst I can't stand bossy little madams (I'm with you on that one Jenni!) she is my OH's daughter and I know he loves her and wants to see her. We started going down the "you take her out for the day on your own" route - but as he pointed out I'm part of his life - I have to put up with her/she has to put up with me .... and he doesn't want to give into her yet again and let her think she can have this all her own way. It is not like I'm evil or bad to her .... quite the opposite I'm told by friends and his mother. But she has decided to dislike me - and make life unhappy for him and her. So anyway it is Phil's birthday and I'm arranging a surprise (sssshhhhh don't tell him!) meal with about 25/30 friends and family in one of my friends restaurants. I have emailed DSD to ask her if she wants to come and stay overnight?? if she wants to come and go home that night?? or if she doesn't want to come at all?? Not heard a thing - and feel so hurt for him. Don't know what else to do .... copied her mother in on the email too - and guess she is behind the no communication. Don't know what I have done to make her dislike me .... I have brought 3 children of my own up on my own - so empathise with her and try to support her views and explain to my OH what it is like to be a single mum. Have childminded kids for years - and my kids friends love coming and staying overnight, so I'm not an ogre ....

Any ideas of where I go from here????!!!

Next problem later ........... you can only take so much angst from me!!!

Hi

I'm pleased to hear that you had a great time in Prague, it's like a fairy tale city isn't it? All those beautiful buildings remind me of something from The Brothers Grimm.

Never mind about the diet you'll soon have yourself back on track again.

Thanks Cheb - yes it was beautiful. Thanks for your advice too. Anyone wanting to go .... GO!!!

Not worried about the diet - that can wait until middle of February - have my mind in the right place for once!!

Not too bad - diet ....... not even thinking about until after my dads birthday on 17th.

Sore neck - think I have a trapped nerve - so on painkillers.

SD rang and spoke to her dad ........ never said a word to me re my email - and never replied to email - so I didn't say anything either.

How are you hun?? Feeling better?? I'm well jealous of your weight loss for Jan - but you have worked so hard for it - aspire to do as well in March!

Sorry to hear about your SD - just ride it out mate xx Feeling like poo and waiting for painkillers to kick in so I can sleep -roll on tomorrow ;)

Not too bad - diet ....... not even thinking about until after my dads birthday on 17th.

Sore neck - think I have a trapped nerve - so on painkillers.

SD rang and spoke to her dad ........ never said a word to me re my email - and never replied to email - so I didn't say anything either.

How are you hun?? Feeling better?? I'm well jealous of your weight loss for Jan - but you have worked so hard for it - aspire to do as well in March!

Glad you managed not to have a reaction to SD about your email Beverley.....:D ...stick with it and I'm sure all will be fine...xx

Hope your necks feeling better Flirty.

Had a trapped nerve myself once and its a doscomfort that never leaves - mind you, woke up one morning and whammo - gone!. Just a little tenderness left.

Suspect you'd go for that.

As for SD - its her problem and well done for letting it pass by you.

Thanks Superman. It worked did you magically rub my neck or something??!! ;) ;) Feeling much better today. :) :)

SD's mother emailed to say SD will come to the meal - but won't stay overnight. No thank you or anything for me inviting her or offering to pay - but I suppose i expect TOO much!!! :sigh: Anyway know my Oh will be really pleased and that's what it was all about - so win win. :) :)

Because of beautiful sunny day, OH and I went for a lovely walk yesterday in lovely country park in Macclesfield. Took my home made veggie soup in a thermos and felt really good. :D :D

Had a long chat with him about me being unhappy about things and then using food as my comfort. :sigh: :cry: :break_diet: Said I want to lose this 2 stone I have gained since I've known him - plus maybe a little more. Where as when I was a VLCD Virgin (Yes I was!!!!;) ;) ) I found it easy to stick to SS, nothing took me off track etc etc etc. You all know the score, because even if it hasn't happened to you, you know someone who it has. :sigh: So anyway tried to explain that since then I've not been able to get my head together as I comfort eat when I'm unhappy. Lots happened last year - and bang 2 stone added :mad: :mad: that i'd worked hard the previous year to lose. This year has started off badly again
  • with DSD behaving badly
  • my brother .......... mmmm haven't told you all about that (will do - but save for another post, not because I'm angst about it but because my head is trying to sort out this me upset = comfort eating dilema)
So upshot of it all is I'm in a better place. No pressure on myself to start SS again until after my dad's birthday on 17th Feb - but if I want a shake I'll have one - if i have a meal I don't have to do the guilt trip route.

Hope that makes sense??? No probably not!!! But it kind of cleared my head a bit - so bear with me!

Thanks D_Q and Lacey for all support and good advice that's been coming my way - don't go away I WILL get there!!!

Hi bev

You wil definitely get there honey!! You have a healthy attitude to your weight loss! You have to do what's right for you now, and sounds like you're listening to your body!

You will lose that last couple of stone when you are good and ready!

My motivation at the moment is coming from my wardrobe - full of 10's and 12's and only a small percentage of it is fitting me at the moment and no way am i going to buy 14's again!! I gave all my larger clothes away as soon as i dropped down the sizes... thank god!!!!

Feeling motivated today, long may it continue!!!!!

Hi bev

My motivation at the moment is coming from my wardrobe - full of 10's and 12's and only a small percentage of it is fitting me at the moment and no way am i going to buy 14's again!! I gave all my larger clothes away as soon as i dropped down the sizes... thank god!!!!

Feeling motivated today, long may it continue!!!!!

I know what you mean!! I use to have a wardrobe full of size 20/22 tents. Then lost the 4 stone .... and went down to size 12/14's. Gave away all my bigger outfits - and now I'm struggling to squeeze into size 14's and have had to go out and get some size 16 jeans and trousers. ALL my summer stuff is 12/14 - so I need to have lost 2-2and half stone by then ....... or it's going to be expensive!!!

Glad you are feeling motivated - and hear hear!! long may it continue!

Thanks hun, looks like we are in the same boat then hey?? God, food is so not worth gaining weight for is it?? Why i can't always have a logical frame of mind about food is beyond me!!

Thanks hun, looks like we are in the same boat then hey?? God, food is so not worth gaining weight for is it?? Why i can't always have a logical frame of mind about food is beyond me!!

Couldn't agree more! Why is it that in the rest of my life i am in control, organised, competent - but my eating is so out of control, disorganised (from total SS to total bingeing)???

Still if i - or anyone else could answer that - we'd be millionaires ........... and very slim!!!

Will keep motivating you for your 20lb if you do the same to me - except mine is about 35lb!!! :break_diet: :cry: :sigh:

That's exactly like me, i am in control with every aspect of my life bar dieting!!! It p!sses me off beyone belief!!!!

Yes let's motivate each other hun... the crazy thing is we'd be at target in no time if we just stuck to SS!!!! A couple of months and we'd be right skinny minnie's!!!! Just in time for the nice weather huh?

That's exactly like me, i am in control with every aspect of my life bar dieting!!! It p!sses me off beyone belief!!!!

Yes let's motivate each other hun... the crazy thing is we'd be at target in no time if we just stuck to SS!!!! A couple of months and we'd be right skinny minnie's!!!! Just in time for the nice weather huh?

Ok you are on!! I've set aside from middle of February, March and April. 2 and a half months to lose 2 and a half stone - shouldn't be a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And want to be at target for Dublin meet - are you thinking of going to that one??

Thanks Karen - penciled my name in for that one now - more pressure to do SS to be skinnier mini (not quite skinny-mini!!) by then. Gives me a month from my start SS date of 19/02/07 - so that's 14lb I can and will have lost!!

hi
just been reading thru the last bit of this & i was thinking that if i carry on as i am , i could well be writing the same in a few months time & i really don't want to ( sorry no offence intended) i startes CD on Nov 1st & have been doing well, just the last couple of week spent faffing, thought i was back on track but i just keep nibbling, nothing major - a bit of chicken here, a slice of bread there - you get the gist & really don't want it to get out of control for a couple of reasons
1 i'm off my BP meds now & DON'T want to go back on them
2 i WILL be slim in time for my 40th in July
3 I've thrown all my bigger clothes out & won't buy bigger sizes EVER again
so really need to sort my head out
i look to alot of the long standing members like you for inspiration.
like Karen said your attitude appears to be healthy & we will ALL succeed
xx:)

Good for you cheryl!! It really is a slippery slope when you start picking at little bits - they soon turn into bigger bits!!! It's 3pm and i'm starving, just getting to my danger time for wanting to eat. But i won't! I have my toffee bar at 4pm so am counting down.... 59 minutes to go... lol

Couldn't agree more! Why is it that in the rest of my life i am in control, organised, competent - but my eating is so out of control, disorganised (from total SS to total bingeing)???

Hi Bev

This really struck a chord with me, and was always the question I asked myself, I am a well-known control freak and everything else is organised to within an inch of it's like - but could I control my weight - no way! CD made such a massive difference, but my control over food, well I don't think it'll ever exist and I'm still going up and down the pounds, but luckily it's still at the lower end near my goal weight. I was fine (ish) up until Christmas and then just lost it and started eating more & more, tried doing 1000 plan every Monday - fine until Friday then the glycogen loss would just pile back on. I've now got my birthday out of the way and am really knuckling down and will get back to my goal weight by the end of the month.

But it ain't easy that's for sure.

Keep up the good work - you'll do it. :)

xx

Back