Flirty's diary ...............

Hi Bev honey

So nice to see you back!!!! Glad to see your motivation returning re the diet, january is ALWAYS a good time to start eh?!?!? I had about a week off (put on 10lbs), started back on it yesterday and already lost 5lbs so feeling fab about that!

Sorry to hear about your mum, life is so unfair isn't it??

I love that saying about "if you can't say anything nice...." Wish i could abide by it though cos i had a big falling out with my two sisters last night ;o( We'll be fine in a couple of days but it still hurts!!

The chinese sounds fab.... enjoy it!!!!!

Luv,

Thanks Karen - Well done on your fab loss ........ been reading your diary - hope things work out for you in love too.

I KNOW I SHOULD be starting now .......... but the same way that I always use to start a diet on a Monday ..... January seems like a good place to begin. I also KNOW I would cheat - so might as well save myself the guilt trip!! But will also be piling on quite a few extra pounds between now and 6/01/07 (gosh that looks odd!!) However plan to be REALLY REALLY good from then on ........ and have been reading through lots of inspirational diary threads to give me the incentive and will then revisit them if my motivation waivers at all.

I'm the most settled love life wise that I have been for a long time, finances are ok - not super rich - but not poor, have my wonderful fantastic kids and my parents, I now work for myself as a CDC and enjoy my new career (although the boss can be a b****!!!!!!!) ........... so all in all I have no excuses why 2007 can not be the year for me to get my butt into gear and relose this extra blubber I am wearing!!

2005/2006 I lost 4stone and felt healthy, looked great and was so proud of myself. Then for one reason and another, and another I have regained 2 stones .......... so now I must use 2007 to lose those 2 stone and maybe another extra stone for safety - and then maintain and keep myself there!!

I had abandoned this thread totally ......... and that was definately a bad thing to do - so will come and visit and ramble on a regular basis now. So anyone who pops in ....... feel happy to join in, agree/disagree with my ramblings, and kick a*** if i need it!!!

Hi

Looking forward to reading your ramblings:D I've also regained almost 2st, so I'm right with you.

Its now time to do this for YOU, no one else, just you.

You have to be selfish, you have to think, b*gger it, Im gonna do it.

You have to get your head down and keep going. Batter that chatterbox down, coz dya know what, it aint gonna win, YOU are going to win.

Every step of the way you need to think about YOU.

You arent doing it for him, her, whoever, you are doing this for YOU.

You are doing this to be happier, healthier and to live life to the max.

You are doing this because it will take a few small weeks/months out of your life to make you live the rest of your years being the person who you want to be, the person YOU are inside that needs to get out.

And, dya know what, you can do it, I have great faith in both of you, but you need to have faith in YOU too.

You wouldnt be on minis today if you thought you couldnt do it, you know you can, and its just finding that inner strength to stand up and shout, YES I can do it, I can do this for ME!

Focus on what you want to be when you reach that goal, get tunnel vision and keep hurtling through it, dont look left or right, as the distraction might be there, keep your eyes on that prize (sorry mike, but its such a great saying!) and dont let anything stand in your way of being YOU.

and, that was me, throughout all my SS journey, keep my head down and do this for me, yep I love DD and DH immensly, but my journey wasnt for them, it was for me, it just made all our lives better for me doing it x

Copied this from Mindless' thread - thanks Vicky!!!!

OMG ........... my "little" excess' over the festive season have amounted to a staggering gain of 10lb - TEN POUNDS!!!!!!! More than any of my children when they were born - I have gained more than a baby in 2weeks.

I got up this morning and felt very bloated, uncomfortable, sluggish, lethargic and generally yukky. Why wait until the 06/01/07 I asked myself???? - and before I could answer myself with a good reason (I'm too good at coming up with those!!) I decided to start today. So that is what I have done.

Statistics are: 13st 13lb as of 2/01/07. Realistically I want to be 9st 7lb or 10st. Therefore I have 4 to 4 and a half stone to lose. 56/63 pounds.

Starting today has made me feel great - I've had my warm banana shake, chilli soup and about to have my hot mint choc made with mint tea. I feel positive, better for making this decision and hopefully can stick with it and continue for the next 4 to 5 months and get to target.

No more excuses .... if I'd put as much effort into finding reasons to slim/SS etc as I have to finding them for why I've waivered/lost the plot ........ I'd be a stick thin insect. I'm the one who sabotages myself - so lots of introspective thinking going to be going on as well. I know I can not just leave myself to lose weight and hope for the best ....... I need much more than that. I had started to look at my unhealthy realationship with food - and so need to continue that.

Today I am happy to be back on Cambridge - looking forward to feeling slimmer, less bloated, healthier, more energy etc in a few weeks time ......... and the rest I will have to figure out as I go along. For today I am in the "right place" - and i haven't been there for a long time.

So D_Q can you cancel my numbers saying 06/02/07 but please keep coming in to kick arse!! and the new number can still be "12"

Did I read that right - 2 days and 4 lbs gone?! :eek: Wahey honey, you are on your way!! :D :cool:

Yep D_Q on day 2 - going really well and lost 4lb this morning on my scales!!! So well pleased and so motivated!!! Really glad I startd yesterday and 4lb in a day - even if it is only water and glycogen is a great boost.

Doing a low-key special dinner for my daughter tonight as she's officially 18 today. But I'm having the wonderful cheese and broccoli soup. Friday night is a surprise party at the local chinese for about 50 of her friends and family - and i may indulge then ... or if I feel like i do now - not! Feeling so wonderful - hope everyone else is doing and feeling as good!

Well I have procured some
willpowerdust.gif
and so far it's going well.

I've stuck to it near enough - not weighed myself again .... and decided I am going to eat at the chinese tonight and start 100% on Saturday.

It's my daughters 18th Birthday surprise party tonight and I've invited 40/50 people .......... and just hope it goes well. I've got banners, table confetti, balloons, party poppers, throw away cameras for the table - have blown up about 20 photos of her from birth to now to A4 size posters and got a scrap book which I want everyone to write in when they arrive and then I'll put a photo of them in it as a memento for her. So have I forgotten anything?????!!!! It's going to be fraught as I've also asked my ex-husband (her dad) and as some of you know he's an alcoholic. I've ordered a taxi to bring him/take him home - but I worry in case he gets drunk and embarasses her infront of her friends. So I will be watching him like a hawk all night - which I thought I'd stopped 7 yrs ago!

Anyway - tomorrow I will be back on SS and have decided not to weigh myself before or after - but wait until my weigh in next Tuesday! I have stuck with CD mostly this week - so hopefully I should still lose and not gain!

Hope your daughter has a wonderful night tonight.

Should go with a bang, as you sound as though you have really put a great deal of thought into it. What wonderful memories she will have.

Also, you too have a great night tonight, you deserve it!

Thank you Cheryl .... will post on here sometime over the weekend and let you know.

But just to say I have new goal - we're off to Prague at end of January for 5days and we're staying in a lovely 5* hotel with swimming pool and sauna etc on top floor - so I want to have lost a stone by then.

Hope tonight goes well - it sounds marvellous. And you know I'll be checking in here tomorrow to make sure you are 100% back on track :cool:

The party went great! She was totally surprised and had a wonderful evening.

Sorry D_Q .... I slipped a little and so had the weekend off as well. Extends hand for expected slap .... ouch!!!

Anyway up this morning and DETERMINED to stick at this. Too much messing about over the last 6months - and whatever my reasons for losing sight of my goal - I'm not going to let it happen this time.

So today I have had my usual hot banana shake, 3pints of water, seen 3 clients already (hopefully started them off on their CD diet well) and caught up on here.

It's great to see all the photos of everyone before and after - and also the weekend away in 'Toon photos!

We're going away at the end of January for 5days to Prague ... and really looking forward to it. So my new goal is to lose a stone by then.

Back