Following on from the buying products on ebay

What happened in America mini? sorry.. just interested..
Loadsa love x x x

Seemingly about eighteen years ago or so...there was an advertisement in magazines and papers selling well branded vlcd's and those who sent away in good faith ended up becoming very ill and some even died and when it was investigated it was found to be a counterfeit operation where they were replicating the packaging, but the contents were nothing more than skimmed milk. As a result some taking this product for a long time ended up starving themselves to death literally.

This scam scared a lot of people off vlcd's which were gaining ground fast as a very successful diet.

Love Mini xxx

Seemingly about eighteen years ago or so...there was an advertisement in magazines and papers selling well branded vlcd's and those who sent away in good faith ended up becoming very ill and some even died and when it was investigated it was found to be a counterfeit operation where they were replicating the packaging, but the contents were nothing more than skimmed milk. As a result some taking this product for a long time ended up starving themselves to death literally.

This scam scared a lot of people off vlcd's which were gaining ground fast as a very successful diet.

Love Mini xxx

omg that is so scary mini, these people buying the cd diet of ebay really dont know what they are getting.

omg that is so scary mini, these people buying the cd diet of ebay really dont know what they are getting.

This is what I honestly believe that anyone who buys off Ebay has no idea what it is they are buying.

The huge amount for sale on Ebay has to be coming from somewhere else other than clients.:rolleyes:

I have heard that they are changing ebay rules, where if you are a big seller you have to disclose your postal address?

So I guess this will help to stamp out some of it.

Love Mini xxx

omg, that is terrible, what a rip off and sooooo scary too x

i bought offline from a seller who sells nothing but CD shakes, soups, tetras etc, but the price was marginally higher than going to a CDC, about £36 for 21 sachets

they get them from poland, as they are polish boxes, and talked about ordering for people specifically from their suppliers, i also emailed a few buyers to verify the goods first, but only bought 1 box of 21 shakes

i emailed CD from the website and never got a reply, regarding the safety etc of it

anyway after trying it, im now on WW as it is more me, dieting like the tortoise rather than the hare, in the aim to finish the race LOL but as for reasons, I bought online as at this weight, I did not want to see a GP nor a CDC, so can fully understand people with serious amounts to lose, wanting to do it in a more private way.

not everyone is sociable or able to go out at big weights

would never have paid over the odds ridiculously though like the links. i knew from here the rough price, but £50 or more just for the choice of flavours etc, rip off, BUT can understand why private people would rather pay that than go public as it were lol

i bought offline from a seller who sells nothing

I have to say that personally, I don't blame people for going to Ebay to buy CD. Sometimes there are situations that make it difficult to get it anywhere else.

There are others, anorexics or those with medical problems but have food addictions who would happily sell their kids for products such as these :(

I myself have been tempted at times:eek: The thought of being able to have the odd shake or bar which satisfies me for longer than regular foods for the same amount of calories has been rather too attractive:eek:

I haven't though, but I have had to be really tough on myself:cry:, so I can see how it can allure people.

That's why I wish Ebay would stop sellers selling it, rather than attack the buyer.

Last edited:
If only they sold boullion on ebay - that stuff is like gold dust!!

Is the CD Bouillon different to the ones in the shops? I just bought the Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon from Sainsburys - 12 cals per cup. It is yummy.

The CDC's themselves should have enough respect for Cambridge as a Company not to try to make a fast buck by selling on Ebay.

Selling tetras for £99 for 10 is quite ridiculous

The CDC's themselves should have enough respect for Cambridge as a Company not to try to make a fast buck by selling on Ebay.

Selling tetras for £99 for 10 is quite ridiculous

The majority of CDC's do! Unfortunately it is the minority that think it is ok to go against the Cambridge code of practice.

Is the CD Bouillon different to the ones in the shops? I just bought the Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon from Sainsburys - 12 cals per cup. It is yummy.

The CD one has less salt. Salt can cause fluid retention so only advised to have 1-2 a day.

People who live in places like the Shetlands or Orkneys or Hebrides may find it impossible to see a CDC.... so for people like that, its a shame there isnt some kind of scheme whereby they can get their GP's permission then buy the stuff and get it delivered to them direct from Cambridge? Or maybe there is something like that?

Another thought - these rip-offs are just a symptom of Ebay (the free market economy?)
My DS wanted a Nintendo DS for Xmas .... I couldnt find one ANYWHERE except ebay - so I paid £170 for one when it was selling for £99 in the shops!

The CD one has less salt. Salt can cause fluid retention so only advised to have 1-2 a day.

Do you happen to know salt content - I can compare to my Bouillon and the low salt option in Sainsburys.

1 a day is more than enough :)

I meant the marigold one. Personally i dont like the CD one, but my dearest OH has been stealing my marigold boullion for himself (even though his BMI is 17!) and i can't find it anywhere at the moment!!!

Back