Food diary of a Big lad

Ha ha you cant beat an ommlette in the morning its the best way to get a carb free breakfast down you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yes most are syn free but you do get the odd one that has syns but I tend to go for syn free of course. Its good because theres quite a few varieties so your not eating the sane flavou

Flavours all the time and I can switch salad for veg if I want a hot meal. All with minimum prep time. Suits me down to the ground

Mainly morrissons or tesco.:)

Monday 03/02/14

Breakfast

3 egg ommlette
3 turkey bacon
1/2 tin beans
h.p sauce (1 syn)

Total syn - 1

Lunch

Fajita chicken pieces
golden super rice
vegetables
jalepenos
Total syn - 0

Dinner

Brown stew chicken (11 syn)
Rice
veg

Total syn - 11

Healthy extras

A:300 ml skimmed milk
B: none

Snacks

mugshot
3 pints of carling lager ( 25 1/2) :eek: wow wont be doing that again!!!

Total syn - 25 1/2:eek:

TOTAL DAILY SYN - 37 1/2:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No excuses for today really apart from i was thoughtless or careless witch ever you want to use.
I went to a football match and met up with a mate in the pub and thought sod it. I am going to try my best to catch up on my syns though. Bad day​

Tuesday 04/02/14

Breakfast

3 Turkey bacon
3 Egg ommlette
Tinned tomatoes
H.P sauce ( 1 syn)

Total syn - 1

Lunch

Sweet chilli chicken
Chicken super rice
salad
Fruit salad

Total syn - 0

Dinner

Meatball and chunky veg caserole

Serves: 4
Prep. time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
Green: 11½
Original: 3
Extra Easy: FREE

ingredients

for the meatballs:

1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
750g lean pork steaks or tenderloin, all visible fat removed, cut into chunks
1 level tbsp tomato purée
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp each of finely chopped fresh coriander and mint
Low calorie cooking spray
Fresh rosemary sprigs, to garnish
for the casserole sauce:

½ tsp cinnamon
600ml passata with onions and garlic
400ml chicken stock
Juice of ½ lemon
300g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
1 courgette, cut into 1cm pieces
method

Place the onion, pork, tomato purée, ground cumin and chopped herbs in a food processor and blend until fairly smooth. Shape the mixture into 24 meatballs.
Spray a wide casserole dish with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Fry the meatballs in small batches, until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the cinnamon, passata, stock, lemon juice, potatoes, celery, carrots, onion and courgettes to the casserole, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 25 minutes over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and vegetables are tender.
Add the meatballs to the casserole and stir gently to mix well. Continue to cook for 10-15 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
Remove from the heat and serve immediately garnished with rosemary sprigs.
Tip: This vegetable sauce works well with any other meat or fish.

- See more at: http://group.slimmingworld.com/recipes/meatball-and-chunky-veg-casserole.aspx#sthash.NbOTiA9g.dpuf

Healthy extras

A: 300 ml skimmed milk
B: none

Snacks

Plum
mugshot
2 tangerines

Total syn -0

TOTAL DAILY SYN - 1

Last edited:
Wednesday 05/02/14

Breakfast

2 Egg ommlette
3 turkey bacon
mushroom
tomato
1/2 tin of beans
H.P Sauce

Total syn - 1

Lunch

Bbq chicken pieces
Chinese super rice
Mixed vegetables

Total syn - 0

Dinner

Leftover meatball casserole from yesterday
Pasta
Mixed vegetables
Total syn-0

Healthy extras

A:300ml skimmed milk
B:none

Snacks

2 tangerines
mugshot
Apple
2 tsp sugar (1 syn)

Total syn - 1

TOTAL DAILY SYN - 2

Another good day today, think ive made up the damage done from monday night.
I think im going to try to keep my syns as low as possible for the rest of the week though just incase. onwards and upwards (or downwards as the case may be) :)

Well good luck. :)

So far first day went well .. just getting my head around the free foods .. n got some bacon out the freezer for breaky the morra x lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I had a lunch inspired by your breakfast today :D Hadn't had an omelette in ages, usually stick to scrambled eggs, and seeing your pics made me really want one! And lovely it was too :)

Cant beat a bit of bacon margaret I prefer turkey bacon as I dont need to trim any fat.

Enjoyed my 3 rashers of bacon cooked in frylight wiv visible fat removed and half a tin of beans some reason i feel guilty eating it ... im getting my head around these free foods .. as usually id have 2 slices of toast .. which looking at the way slimming world does things .. im assuming that the bread wud come under the healthy extras and the margarine wud b syns .. sorry for tbe newb questions but just want to get it right n make sure im eating the right foods .. as its my first weigh in next wednesday n wud like to see a loss .. i have been slimming since 5th jan bjt on my own wivout slimming world and any help .. n lost 12lbs so far to date .. but as for alimming world im starting at 16st 2and a half lbs so hope for a loss nxt week .. for dinner i have left over chicken veg and pasta from last night tea ... n tonight is chicken wiv veg and potatoes ...x

Enjoyed my 3 rashers of bacon cooked in frylight wiv visible fat removed and half a tin of beans some reason i feel guilty eating it ... im getting my head around these free foods .. as usually id have 2 slices of toast .. which looking at the way slimming world does things .. im assuming that the bread wud come under the healthy extras and the margarine wud b syns .. sorry for tbe newb questions but just want to get it right n make sure im eating the right foods .. as its my first weigh in next wednesday n wud like to see a loss .. i have been slimming since 5th jan bjt on my own wivout slimming world and any help .. n lost 12lbs so far to date .. but as for alimming world im starting at 16st 2and a half lbs so hope for a loss nxt week .. for dinner i have left over chicken veg and pasta from last night tea ... n tonight is chicken wiv veg and potatoes ...x

Yes Bread comes under your healthy extra b you have either 1 or 2 of those depending on which plan you are following.
Margerine is syns so for example 1 tsp of flora light is 1 syn.
Dont worry about asking questions thats what we are all on here for to support each other:)
Also dont worry or feel guilty about eating those kind of foods slimming world definatly works which im sure you will see on your first weigh in.
good luck.

Thursday 06/02/14

Breakfast

3 Egg ommlette
4 turkey bacon
mushroom
tomato
H.P Sauce (1 syn)
20140205_062148.jpg
[/URL]Total syn -1

Lunch

Leftover meatball casserole
pasta
veg
fruit salad

Total syn - 0

dinner

Carribean pepperpot beef stew
rice
veg

Serves: 2
Prep. time:
Cook time: Ready in about 1 hour 50 minutes
Total time: Over 60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
Extra Easy: FREE

A Jamaican classic - who says jerk seasoning is just for the barbeque?

ingredients

Low calorie cooking spray
400g stewing beef, all visible fat removed, cut into bite-size pieces
2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
200g green beans, trimmed and halved
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tbsp jerk seasoning
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
¼ tsp sweetener
200g passata with onions and garlic
200ml beef stock
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g dried long-grain rice
A small handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
method

Preheat your oven to 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas 3. Place a medium, flameproof casserole dish sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a high heat. Add the beef and fry for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Add the peppers, sweet potato, beans, garlic, jerk seasoning, wine vinegar, sweetener, passata, stock and Worcestershire sauce. Season and stir well. Cover and cook for 1½ hours, or until the beef is meltingly tender.
Cook the rice accordingly to the packet instructions, then drain well. Divide the stew and rice between 4 bowls, garnish with parsley and serve.
Tip: Make it serve 4: Increase the beef to 800g, add another red pepper and small sweet potato, increase the beans to 300g, add another garlic clove and double the amount of passata and stock. Bake for an extra 20-30 minutes, or until the beef is tender. You will need to double the rice, too.

- See more at: http://group.slimmingworld.com/recipes/caribbean-pepperpot-stew.aspx#sthash.tFf9GsfE.dpuf

Total syn - 0

Healthy extras

A:300ml skimmed milk
B: 1 slice wholemeal bread

Snacks

2 tangerines

Total syn - 0

TOTAL DAILY SYN - 1

Last edited:
Back