Four's diary

Oh blimey! Hope they're not expecting you to pay for the damage.
Which reminds me must go down the garden and put the front of my shed back on. It came down again in the wind last week.

Hubby went next door tray in day light. He says they aren't asking or new stuff thankfully. There's a few ties off their garage roof and the garage guttering is broke, hopefully we can fix it ourselves for them. As for the window it's on the conservatory door, in daylight hubby reckons they are just scuff marks. As for our shed - we emptied it and salvaged some building material which we used yesterday to weatherproof the rabbit hutches and things so at least they aren't getting wasted. Everything else was stuff that wouldn't spoil. Sledge hammer is the next thing we need, the shed will have to one down before the next storm. It's so open out the back where we live it's just open fields and the wind comes straight off Belfast Lough.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I made a cinnamon flax seed muffin for the first time. I didn't use butter but used oil instead just out of laziness and it turned out okay. I actually made two cup cake size ones and ate them with butter. I'm waiting for my zero carb liquid sweetener to arrive - got a few recipes to try if it works in baking... I don't like the thought of all the carbs in the powered sweetener. I'm determined to have as a low cab christmas as I can.

On that note I baked loads of Christmas cookies yesterday and vacuum sealed them for the kids, I've got them loads of sprinkles and stuff to decorate them with at the weekend. I was good though I did lick the spoon once or twice on the egg free mixes.

Tomorrow my youngest daughter (6) goes to see a surgeon about her eyes. Her vision is really really poor and her eyes are squint. From birth they gave us no hope of her ever seeing but she proved them wrong and she leads a normal life. Her eyesight isn't like yours and mine but it's okay considering what she's been through and now one eye sees good with glasses and one eye is still pretty much blind. The doctors are finally going to straighten her eyes. They have told me she will be 'gorgeous' (their words) when she's done - of course she's already gorgeous lol. I don't know when yet she will get her surgery but I don't care she's finally getting to see the guy face to face. I'm excited and nervous at the same time as this has been a long road.

Hi 4, mim sounds good and i'm with you trying to have a low carb christmas. :eek: about the shed roof - glad it wasn't too bad and neighbours sound nicer than mine! Sounds like your daughter has been through a lot so ((hugs)) for you all and hope all goes as you hope
Xxx

Oh 4 you and your daughter have been through the mill - but she sounds little one of life's battlers. Tomorrow will be amazing, they do sound very positive about finding a way to sort out her eyesight - so I have a good feeling in my bones.

You are also very focused on you, for which I give you this....:553:

Kat1 thanks for the encouragement by replying to my diaries. And I will add they are full of iPad spell check typos darn it. I bought in 'allowed' alcohol too and told hubby not to buy in any fizzy wine that he usually does.

Lady I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. Thank you :). And yep the year the food is going to be good because I'm on Atkins, I'm almost at my goal I'm not giving up.

Evening 4... What a lot to deal with! I'm so sorry! Hugs...x

I have a friend in Belfast and I try and visit about 3 or 4 times a year - I love NI ... Stunning coast, the Sperrins... Everything is lovely! :)

Alpaca maybe next time you are over we can say hello to each other.

Yesterday was good. My daughter did well, and we are looking at March for surgery. I'm excited that it can be done.

Morning 4, well done to your daughter, sounds like she's a battler, good for her.

I love NI, we lived in Lisburn for 4 years and had many friends in Hollywood and Bangor. lovely part of the world.

Morning 4, great news on having the op timing set. Now relax and have a wondeful crimbo
Xx

4isnotenough said:
Alpaca maybe next time you are over we can say hello to each other.

Yesterday was good. My daughter did well, and we are looking at March for surgery. I'm excited that it can be done.

Morning 4... I'd love to say hello when I'm next there! We travelled down the coast to the Bangor area from Belfast - so lovely!

Hope you're enjoying Christmas! :)

Morning 4, oh lucky you, what a beautiful place to live :)

Hi 4, hope all going well over the hols - happy new year
Xx

I made these muffins this week, they were lovely. I posted this on the MIM thread

I made 3 flaxseed muffins using the following recipe with very minimal carbs.

recipe -
1/2 cup linwoods ground flax seeds
1 teaspoon baking powder
1.5 teaspoons liquid Hermasetas
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of melted butter.
1 heaped teaspoon of G&B cocoa powder

Mix everything together well in a jug. Transfer into 3 muffin cases
Bake at 180 degrees for 10/15minutes.

These are nicer if allowed to cool before eaten.

My ingredients carb values.

Linwoods ground flax seeds is 1.6 carbs per 100g.
Green & blacks cocoa powder 13.6 per 100g you only use a teaspoon.
Baking powder .6g
Hermasetas liquid sweetener - zero carbs!!!!

God morning, new year! Starting the year off with 2 egg cups and a M&S 93% pork sausage. Yum yum it's almost ready.

Lol did you see my typo in the post above :) I'm sorry it's easy to type wrong on the iPad it corrects everything but not always the right words.

Lol 4 - i've turned all my autocorrects off (have rather a lot of kit lol)
Xx

Back