Four's diary

Morning 4, well done and I hope the loss is maintained on weigh day

Morning or should I say afternoon. Count down now to crimbo, and my kids are already excited over it. Christmas morning is always interesting in our house with four children, then we will go to the village service at 10:30. I think it will be good the year for me, new slimmer me. I'm looking forward to all the turkey too because I know I can eat as much as I like without guilt. My family are asking for ham egg cups for breakfast on the day - score for me.

This week has been a bit of a non event, nothing awfully exciting going on. Well,i do have my dental app on friday but thats hardly exciting. I should be grateful as next week is crammed full of appointments and my bum won't hit the seat, I'm sure of it.

We are planning lasagne for dinner except the lasagne sheets will be replaced with layers of veg :), I'm looking forward to it already. Lunch is remaining cooked ham in the fridge and a little salad.

Tomorrow I'm going to try the chicken pizzas I saw on the meal thread. It's funny how days revolve around planning food lol.

Did anyone strike yesterday? We're you affected?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hello 4... Great to hear you sounding so positive! Well done :)

Morning 4, Colleen, my wife was on strike. Can't say it affected me at all. You sound so positive it's great, and what are ham egg cups? sounds like something I'd try.

What Jim you dont know what ham and egg cups are my you've been missing out, take a slice or two of ham depending how thick they are place in a slightly oiled muffin tin, crack an egg into the middle top with cheese and season bake in oven until egg cooked how you like yummy - I often serve with asparagus to dip into the egg x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning 4 :)

Shell, hey girl.

Jim - Yeah egg cups or whatever they are called. Delish with sliced gammon too and a blob of soft cheese on top or grated cheddar. I sprinkle red and black pepper on mine or herbs depending what mood.

Thanks for the support on my ever so slow rumblings. This whole weight loss thing has been a tremendous long road (and is it ever anything else?). When I started I was a fat frump failure, and now I can almost touch my goal. I have been hard on myself in the past too, earlier the year had some trouble with depression. Been in hospital three times this year with fairly serious illness, and last year had lump surgery ... it felt like life was battling against me. Deep down I'm still a bit of a train wreck but I'm trying to remain outwardly positive and get through.

Big hugs 4... what a year!! and I'm amazed you're sounding so positive! Well done on the difficult road and for achieving what you have! :)

Big ((hugs)). Keep going - you are doing so well
Xxx

Morning 4, sounds like you've had a rough time, so well done on persevering love.

Thanks Michelle, I'll give that a go, sounds yummy

A recipe

Suitably inspired on this forum I made a new Atkins dish.

I sqidged up mince with eggs and some herbs. I did add a couple table spoons of crumbs but that was split between 14 burgers.
I shaped the mince mix into large burgers and put them on baking trays.
Heated them in the oven till they started to cook then layered on bell pepper sauce (it's yum from a farm shop), cheese, salami, peppers, mushroom slices and seasoning. I did a few with BBQ sauce for the kids but I had the pepper sauce. I served them on a layer of salad.

I ate 2 and was stuffed. My family were well impressed and all said they were lovely.

Mmmm... Sounds yum 4! Hope you have a good day :)

Morning 4, have you tried the CB pie yet, it's yummy

Cheeseburger Pie....tis in the Recipe section and is a must hot or cold!!

Total carbs 9c. Serves 4
Ingredients:
500g minced beef
50g finely chopped onion
150g chopped mushrooms
100mls double cream
2 heaped tablespoons of mayo
150g strong cheddar grated
3 eggs
salt & pepper to taste

Fry mince, onion and mushrooms together until cooked season to taste, drain off fat, add Lee & Perrins sauce.
Place in a greased foil covered deep pie dish, flatten with spoon.
Beat eggs add mayo, cream and cheese.
Pour over the top of mince, drop olives around the dish and bake in oven Gas mark 5 for 20 to 25 mins until set and golden brown.
Leave to cool before taking out of pie dish, remove foil.
Cut in to portions and wrap in cling film
This freezes very well.
Lovely with salad, cauli mash, or stir fry (Great in lunchboxes)

Optional 1 Tablespoon Lea & Perrins 2c and 10 black olives

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Cheeseburger pie......yum.....the best thing about atkins:D
Xxx

I hope you enjoy it! :)

Back