Frances' New House, New Life, New Start Diary...

Dubchick81 said:
More than I've done Daisy!!!

Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh... We were on looking thru the ISPCA's website yesterday looking for a puppy... So excited about getting one.. He wants to wait a while.. Says he wants to be completely settled himself before we even think about getting a dog.. Which makes sense.. But I want one NOW... I'm settled and ready.. lol
We will wait til he's ready tho.. Wouldn't be fair to get one n then have to give it away n unsettle it..
Tho I was showing him a few of the most adorable ones n I cud see his heart melting.. So hopefully won't be long :D

Yes best to do it when you are both ready,also good to pick a breed which suits your lifestyle,ie ok to be on own while you work/hyper wise like one that needs a lot or little exercise,hope you don't mind me saying that as I know you're not daft but it's easy to forget these things when looking at cute pups,lol

Yes best to do it when you are both ready,also good to pick a breed which suits your lifestyle,ie ok to be on own while you work/hyper wise like one that needs a lot or little exercise,hope you don't mind me saying that as I know you're not daft but it's easy to forget these things when looking at cute pups,lol
No I don't mind at all Daisy. You're absolutely right.. People just see how cute puppies are and forget how much looking after is involved...

ooooh oooooohhhhhh!!!!! how exciting!!! which breed?!

we want to get a jack russell pup eventually!!! luckily Steve works a stones throw from the apartment (you can see his work from our window!!!) so he can go home and check him and take him out etc :) otherwise no way would i consider it!!! long way off yet............we still have to move haha!!!

xxx

Dubchick81 said:
More than I've done Daisy!!!

Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh... We were on looking thru the ISPCA's website yesterday looking for a puppy... So excited about getting one.. He wants to wait a while.. Says he wants to be completely settled himself before we even think about getting a dog.. Which makes sense.. But I want one NOW... I'm settled and ready.. lol
We will wait til he's ready tho.. Wouldn't be fair to get one n then have to give it away n unsettle it..
Tho I was showing him a few of the most adorable ones n I cud see his heart melting.. So hopefully won't be long :D

Do u both work full time? I have a dog and am struggling to find work to fit in with her! Tho I've been home since she was a pup whereas some ppl that work full time with a dog have had the dog home on their own since a pup so they aren't bothered as much! Just wondered how it would work for u?

we want to get a jack russell pup eventually!!! luckily Steve works a stones throw from the apartment (you can see his work from our window!!!) so he can go home and check him and take him out etc :) otherwise no way would i consider it!!! long way off yet............we still have to move haha!!!

xxx
I want a border collie.. Jonathan wants a lab or similar.. But TBH we're gona rescue a dog so the breed isn't really too important as you can't be too picky when rescuing a dog.. its whatever they hve in really.. But as Daisy said it will have to be one that fits in with our lifestyle..
Yesterday they had 2 black labs and 2 retreivers... Both absolutely ADORABLE... But we'll see...

Do u both work full time? I have a dog and am struggling to find work to fit in with her! Tho I've been home since she was a pup whereas some ppl that work full time with a dog have had the dog home on their own since a pup so they aren't bothered as much! Just wondered how it would work for u?
Yea we both work full time but only work a couple of mins from home so either one of us can go home at lunch to feed and check on him/her.. I finish work at 4:30 so early enough for a good long walk in the evenings and we live right beside a park now too so good for a morning short walk.. It will take allot of getting used to for us both as we know the responsibility that it involves.. What's why we're waiting a while...
We're not rushing into anything but another good things about getting a puppy now is.. all the furniture in the house is only temporary so its grand for them chewing the place to bits as puppies do :) lol
I know that obv not reason enough to get one now.. But its just another point we realised yesterday.. lol

ooooo so cute!!!! and yes gd about the furniture!!! a plus point! obvs all our furniture will be all brand new, so alot of training will be needed :)! so thats prob why we will wait a little bit so that we are well and truly settled so that we can give the puppy our full attention - they are just like babies arent they!! xxx

ooooo so cute!!!! and yes gd about the furniture!!! a plus point! obvs all our furniture will be all brand new, so alot of training will be needed :)! so thats prob why we will wait a little bit so that we are well and truly settled so that we can give the puppy our full attention - they are just like babies arent they!! xxx
Absolutely... I can't wait to have one.

me too!!! Steve's like shall we go and look in the RSPCA.........im like we havent even moved in yet!! bless! xx

me too!!! Steve's like shall we go and look in the RSPCA.........im like we havent even moved in yet!! bless! xx
Ha.. That was me to him yesterday.. Come on.. We'll just hav a look. We'll both leave our money at home so we've no choice but to come home empty handed... lol
He wouldn't budge

We have a border collie, she is the best dog ever! She's only 15months! It's good that u can go home to check on her/him it's not like it will b left all day on its own!

This is Tilly and my daughter

Attachments

• image-2509406123.jpg
    image-2509406123.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 44
We have a border collie, she is the best dog ever! She's only 15months! It's good that u can go home to check on her/him it's not like it will b left all day on its own!

Awww... That is SO cute... Gorgeous.. Your Tilly is very like a dog we had when i was a young teen.. He was a boy dog tho, he was Shep! Border Collies are such good, calm, loving dogs aren't they?! We had Shep who was like Tilly (as I've just said) and then we had Lassie who was a long haired border collie.. She was the most loveable dog in the world...

emmaedes said:

xxx

Love Jacks! Had one when I was a kiddie called Wally lol

Dubchick81 said:
Awww... That is SO cute... Gorgeous.. Your Tilly is very like a dog we had when i was a young teen.. He was a boy dog tho, he was Shep! Border Collies are such good, calm, loving dogs aren't they?! We had Shep who was like Tilly (as I've just said) and then we had Lassie who was a long haired border collie.. She was the most loveable dog in the world...

Collies and labs are both good choices plus yea it does make sense to get the puppy before all the furniture is new so I know what you mean! The OH wanted us to get another dog the other week but it's just not practical right now so I said no!

Love Jacks! Had one when I was a kiddie called Wally lol

yer i love them too! my grandad had two when we were growing up! fab family dogs and so good with kiddies xx

sarah88 said:

Aww this is a great pic,your daughter looks so cute and so does Tilly :0)

aw shes soooo cute!!! and your little girl is beautiful!! xx

emmaedes said:
yer i love them too! my grandad had two when we were growing up! fab family dogs and so good with kiddies xx

Yup! I used to go out wearing my roller boots with Wally on lead lol.Couldn't risk that now with Lola,lol

aw thats so cute!!! xx

Yeah she is so cute and so gentle! She's funny as well, Elisha was doing my DVD with me the other day, she very rarely joins in but Tilly kept biting at her clothes as if to say 'ur not meant to be doing it'! She is like a second baby and that's a nice thing to have! ESP if u don't already have kids!

Ur 2 previous dogs sound really nice too! Did they just get too old? I'm always in the vet with Tilly! She's just had a month of zero walks as her leg was bad with a limp, we nearly had to have an x-ray but she got better luckily!

Yeah she is so cute and so gentle! She's funny as well, Elisha was doing my DVD with me the other day, she very rarely joins in but Tilly kept biting at her clothes as if to say 'ur not meant to be doing it'! She is like a second baby and that's a nice thing to have! ESP if u don't already have kids!

Ur 2 previous dogs sound really nice too! Did they just get too old? I'm always in the vet with Tilly! She's just had a month of zero walks as her leg was bad with a limp, we nearly had to have an x-ray but she got better luckily!
Lassie did.. We had her for 14 r 15 years... She passed away 5 years ago this December.. And we only had Shep a short while, my brother brought him to the mountains on a walk n let him off his lead before he was properly trained n he ran away never to be seen again :( We were devastated and none of us would talk to my brother for about a week after..

Back