Frances' New House, New Life, New Start Diary...

Sounds like you guys need a chat..you know what guys can be like..totally oblivious that something is wrong!
We've had it... I spoke him the other day about it.. Then he announced he was working instead of going to Wexford.. Saying that, Wexford wasn't set in stone or anything.. We had to wait n see if his parent were using the Mobile before we could make plans.. And I know he needs to take the hours while they're there.. So I know I'm being somewhat selfish..
It just feels like the only time we spend together at all is when we're walking Stringer, which he goes straight home after, or we're viewing a house, when we both go straight home coz most of the time we drive there separatley...

Can you not both make the effort to go to Wexford on the Saturday evening and have the day there on Sunday? Xx

Can you not both make the effort to go to Wexford on the Saturday evening and have the day there on Sunday? Xx
Yea I suppose we could.. its just an awful waste coz its a good drive down ya know.. Well, its just over an hour.. But still.. ha.. I sound like i'm being a right picky cow.. oops..
But he won't go for just one night.. Him and his Dad are the very same.. If its not 2 nights min they don't see the point..

You've actually brought tears to my eyes.. not a good look while sitting at my desk in work ha..
Thank you for such a lovely message Jaly.. Very much appreciated *mwah*

Aww, you deserve all the compliments in the world hun! You're genuinely one of the most down-to-earth and sincere people I know and you definitely don't deserve all the crap that life seems to be throwing at you at the moment, it will get better, i promise! If not, i'll just have to catch the ferry to Ireland and make it better with some homemade cheesecake! ;) It may seem like your chats with Jonathan are in vain but i assure you that it probably does play on his mind more than you think but he's probably frightened of the commitment (moving in together etc) and that if he does make more time for you then that's what you'll expect of him and he won't have time/will feel guilty if he wants to do other things, let him know that isn't the case and that you respect that you're both individuals and have your own lives as well as your life together and while you're not craving romance, you just want to feel more appreciated and feel as if you're his girlfriend and as if you actually mean something to him. :) (Which i'm sure you do because what sane guy would not want you in his life?!?!)

Take care of yourself hun, hope you two manage to work something out so that you're both happy :)

Aww, you deserve all the compliments in the world hun! You're genuinely one of the most down-to-earth and sincere people I know and you definitely don't deserve all the crap that life seems to be throwing at you at the moment, it will get better, i promise! If not, i'll just have to catch the ferry to Ireland and make it better with some homemade cheesecake! ;) It may seem like your chats with Jonathan are in vain but i assure you that it probably does play on his mind more than you think but he's probably frightened of the commitment (moving in together etc) and that if he does make more time for you then that's what you'll expect of him and he won't have time/will feel guilty if he wants to do other things, let him know that isn't the case and that you respect that you're both individuals and have your own lives as well as your life together and while you're not craving romance, you just want to feel more appreciated and feel as if you're his girlfriend and as if you actually mean something to him. :) (Which i'm sure you do because what sane guy would not want you in his life?!?!)

Take care of yourself hun, hope you two manage to work something out so that you're both happy :)
It's actually me that had the flip out about the commitment of buying a house with someone believe it or not.. I finished with him n all in a text one night saying it was better now than when we had the complication of trying to buy each other out etc.. he rang me laughing calling me a "bloke!"
He's done the travelling thing and lived his life.. We were together years n years n years ago, then split, he travelled and done what he wanted to do, and ended up back together just by chance.. We have our own little fairytale story behind us..
And if anything I'd be the one wanting more time out away from him than the other way round.. Our relationship has always been a bit backwards ha.. Like, its him usually that whines about me going out with my mates (usually that's the girl!!) and not spending enough time together..
Its not the time that bothers me.. but the lack of affection n just general couple niceness IYKWIM..
Ah we will work it out.. I know we will.. He just needs to buck up a bit..
Thinking about it usually if he tries to be too affectionate towards me I make an eejit of him.. So maybe its my own fault he's now this way coz he got fed up feeling like an idiot.. I duno..I'll have a chat with him when we're sat down together and explain how I've been feeling.. It doesn't happen often tho so I may be waiting.. Usually its he comes down, we go walkies with Stringer.. he brings him home for his dinner... N that's that til the next day.. no phonecalls for chats, no texts, no email, no FB... Just that half hour of walking.. When most of the time we talk to Stringer n not each other.. Bloody dog has killed our relationship.. LOL.. Just kidding.. We'll have a custody battle if we ever split ha ha

Did u not wi today Frances? How have u been?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

You're being very self-critical hun, you can't blame yourself entirely for the way you feel, a relationship involves two people and nothing is ever solely one person's fault.

Maybe surprise him with something quite affectionate and he might get the hint? I know you aren't really the romantic type but I think he'd really appreciate an intimate gesture and would feel inclined to return the favour so-to-say :) xx

You are right though, you do sound like the man of the relationship, lol! xx

Hope you've had a good evening, I'm sorry, not sure what else to say :( Times like these are when my inexperience of men and life in general definitely show :p

Sometimes men need a punch to remind them .. Ile bet he loves you to death .. He just needs a kick up the ass :) xxx

your dog is gorgeous, sorry to read about the attack. some people should just not be allowed to have animals. good luck for weigh in 2moro.
hopefully things will improve with jonathan. men sometimes dont realise there is a problem until you spell it out for them.

sarah88 said:
Did u not wi today Frances? How have u been?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins
No Sarah u forgot. Was halfway to work before I realised it was weigh day. Will do it in the morning. Such a diz
Jaly said:
You're being very self-critical hun, you can't blame yourself entirely for the way you feel, a relationship involves two people and nothing is ever solely one person's fault.

Maybe surprise him with something quite affectionate and he might get the hint? I know you aren't really the romantic type but I think he'd really appreciate an intimate gesture and would feel inclined to return the favour so-to-say :) xx

You are right though, you do sound like the man of the relationship, lol! xx

Hope you've had a good evening, I'm sorry, not sure what else to say :( Times like these are when my inexperience of men and life in general definitely show :p
Ur too kind hun. Thanks for listening n ur advice today. Really appreciate it xx
*Claire-Bear* said:
Sometimes men need a punch to remind them .. Ile bet he loves you to death .. He just needs a kick up the ass :) xxx
all sorted now ladies. I told him how I was feeling n la la la.
then u said "but Jonathan u sho me no affection"
To which he replied... This made me giggle
"I don't show anyone affection. U kno that!"
I said "I bloody well hope not!" lol
Was funny coz he was tryna b serious n explain ha ha. Anyway, am all sorted n happy out again!! :)
Well, with my relationship I am anyway... Lol
brien77 said:
your dog is gorgeous, sorry to read about the attack. some people should just not be allowed to have animals. good luck for weigh in 2moro.
hopefully things will improve with jonathan. men sometimes dont realise there is a problem until you spell it out for them.
Aw thanks sinead. I just luv him. He's a right cutie :)

Sorry hon, I had a crazy day at work. I'm so glad things are sorted with Jono. Thems the joys of being in a relationship eh? I'm happy ur happy tho. :)

Any plans for weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

brien77 said:
Aw thanks sinead. I just luv him. He's a right cutie :)

lol jonathan or the dog :) :)

Haha!! :)

Glad ur sorted x

Hey :)
Found you! I'll check in tomorrow if i get a chance - friends down from Dublin so we're going to have a bit of a hooly tomorrow night. Trying to figure what best way to use my weekly pp.....thinking Kopparberg ;)
Hope you had a great day!

brien77 said:
lol jonathan or the dog :) :)
Ha clearly stringer! Lol
BoS83 said:
Sorry hon, I had a crazy day at work. I'm so glad things are sorted with Jono. Thems the joys of being in a relationship eh? I'm happy ur happy tho. :)

Any plans for weekend?

exactly. Fetter off single but sure then I'd hafta pay the mortgage meself... Lol. Jus kidding
Serha said:
Hey :)
Found you! I'll check in tomorrow if i get a chance - friends down from Dublin so we're going to have a bit of a hooly tomorrow night. Trying to figure what best way to use my weekly pp.....thinking Kopparberg ;)
Hope you had a great day!
Hey. Welcome :)
Not sure off the pps for kopparberg. I prefer to spend mine on vodka :) But sure hav yerself an evening off seen as u hav visitors?!

Back