Fray's Food Diary - Scale ban

Thanks! I need to up my syns I think or I'll have nothing to cut back on later.

Get a few curly wurlys down ya!

Hey Hun

You could help me cut back on syns as i have started this diary to help me cut back as i go over every day.

Your diary looks great and its nice to see that you are honest when you have a "naughty" day. We all deserve one of those xxxx

Keep up the good work xxxx

Thanks, love. I try to make sure I write down everything. I've noticed how easy it can be to forget to syn any flora or anything on bread (though sometimes I don't have it) or that little bit of sauce on the side of your plate! I've learned to pour on what I want and put the bottle back in the cupboard or I'd keep pouring it on throughout the meal and be naughty by not putting any additional syns into my count.

I could've so easily left out last Saturday and done a "Black Hole" day by not putting it in here but if I didn't write my bad days down I'd have more of them!

What syns are you struggling with? Need help finding replacements?

* week

12/06/10 (Red Day)*

Breakfast: 28g Honey Nut Shredded Wheat (HexB) and skimmed milk ([STRIKE]may possibly be my HexA if I use my full amount today or I may syn it later[/STRIKE] HexA), banana. (convenience breakfast)

Lunch: Lunch on the run so just had an orange. Not feeling to great with the dizzies today either so spent all afternoon in bed.

Tea: Chicken breasts and loads of veg (brussels, brocolli, cauliflower and carrots) and lots of gravy (synned).

Followed by strawberries, cherry mullerlight (not the layered one!) and 2 alpen bars (HexB)

Snacks/Grazing:

Drinks: Decaf tea (milk not synned as used from my allowance today), diet decaf coke.

Syns: Gravy!!!!!!!!!! I love gravy - Imma say about 10 syns.

Total Syns: 10

Last edited:
I wish I didn't love gravy so much! Hahahaha.

Hi newbie to the slimming world side of the forums
just being nosey on everyones diary and getting ideas re: menus etc
thought it would be very rude of me to be nosey without saying hello

Hi Kally! Welcome to the SW side!

I see you like cheese...me toooooooo. OH calls me 'Mouse'.

Mmmmmmmmm cheese!!!!!!!

* week

13/06/10 (Red Day)*

Breakfast: Two fried eggs in fry light, banana, 1 alpen bar (1/2 HexB)

Lunch: Picked at some ready cooked chicken slices.

Tea: Steak (no fat) and bacon (no fat) salad with 3 slices WW bread (HexB) and flora light (synned). Topped salad with 3 Mini Babybel Light (HexA).

Followed by fresh pineapple, strawberry mullerlight with alpen bar crumbled over (1/2HexB).

Snacks/Grazing: Milkybar 13g x2 (synned)

Drinks: Diet Decaf Coke, Decaf tea (milk synned)

Syns: Flora Light - 2 syns
Dash of milk - 0.5 syns
Milkybar 13g x 2 - 3.5 each = 7 syns

Total Syns: 9.5

Last edited:
Today marks the end of my red week. I was going to do a whole week of green starting tomorrow but I'm frightened all the potato and pasta will make me gain or sts. The whole point of me doing this was an experiment though. I normally do a mix of green/red and throw in an extra easy if I need to. I decided one week of red, one green, then one mix. The experiment is bodged anyway because I have a * week. It's weigh day (well, me weighing myself as I'm not with a class) tomorrow morning. *sigh* I've tried really hard this week and I'm so bloated due to *.

Dont worry hun - i thought this on my star week and it was fine - also I did green and despite all the stodge I lost loads!! Good luck

I have eaten so many calories today. Ultimately, I know this diet isn't about calories but I've nearly surpassed 2000* today. I'm panicking because of weigh in tomorrow.

* I will have done by the time I work out how many syns this milky bar is. Grrr. It's got no weight on it but it's 69 cals. Weighed it in the scales and it's 13g... so 3.5 syns. Imma have 2!!!

Last edited:
Have to say I'm a bit disappointed after hopping on the scales this morning. I've tried really hard this week and upped the exercise despite not being able to manage much due to my being long-term ill.

I'd put on a 1lb and was livid. Then I remembered that I'd snuck on the scales the day before I started * week and lost some since the last weigh day so it was measuring me against mid-week as opposed to Monday. I've only lost another 3lb (would've been more had I not gained a lb since midweek).

I don't know why I'm so disappointed. It's -3lb. It's * week. Since I don't normally get * weeks I don't normally have to worry about them.

Also, TMI but I haven't been to the 'toilet' for a fair while (since day one of * week). I think it's because I've done a red week. If I'd have gone to the toilet I might have lost more.

Anyway...green week this week. Hoping for a better loss.

3lb is fab hun!!!
well done you x

Fray, losing 3lb on a *week is a phenomenal result. Seriously. If you are genuinely upset with yourself then you need to give yourself a stern talking to about what you are setting yourself as achievable targets. Some women gain 7lb or more on a star week. To post a massive loss like that and be sad about it is selling yourself short and setting yourself up to fail.

Lecture over :D

Congratulations! Thats a fantastic loss! (and just think how well next week will pan out after you clear the leftovers in your system out!!)

Fray, losing 3lb on a *week is a phenomenal result. Seriously. If you are genuinely upset with yourself then you need to give yourself a stern talking to about what you are setting yourself as achievable targets. Some women gain 7lb or more on a star week. To post a massive loss like that and be sad about it is selling yourself short and setting yourself up to fail.

Lecture over :D

Congratulations! Thats a fantastic loss! (and just think how well next week will pan out after you clear the leftovers in your system out!!)

I know, I know. I need my head read. It's because last time I was on SW my losses were much bigger (I was more active then though...now I don't move out of the house). I'm down to where I was when I started SW the first time weight wise now so it's like..."gotta do it all again!"

Hoping I'll get over this quickly!

* week

14/06/10 (Green Day)*

Breakfast: Rhubarb mullerlight, satsuma and 2 alpen bars (HexB)

Lunch: Low fat thai chilli supernoodles.

Tea: 4 quorn sausages, baked beans and new potatoes with a little bit of Nando's sauce (synned). Oh, and 42g Low Low cheese (HexA). I was starving tonight!!!

Followed by strawberries and toffee mullerlight.

Snacks/Grazing: Curlywurly AND a milkybar (both synned)

Drinks: Decaf-tea (milk synned), diet-decaf coke, Low cal sugarfree orange squash.

Syns: Dash of milk - 0.5 syns
Nando's sauce - 1 syn
Curly Wurly - 6 syns
Mini milkybar 13g - 3.5 syns

Total Syns: 11

Looking back on this, I actually forgot to have both HexB's. Whoops.

15/06/10 (Green Day)

Breakfast: 1 experimental syn free pancake (eaten even though it was a disaster), Satsuma and 2 alpen bars (HexB)

Lunch: 2nd attempt at syn free pancakes with OH supervising. Still tasted like sweet eggs. Strawberriessssss!

Tea: Mushy pea curry with onions and mushrooms in. Served with rice flavoured with chicken stock.
Strawberries and vanilla mullerlight.

Snacks/Grazing: Ripple (synned), 3 x mini babybell light (HexA)

Drinks: Water, diet-decaf coke, decaf-tea (milk synned)

Syns: Ripple - 9 syns
Dash of milk - 0.5 syns

Total Syns: 9.5

Urghhhh - felt sick after that Ripple.

Last edited:
Hmmm, apparently I find it harder to use my Hex's on a green day.

Back