Frying eggs with frylight

Kim&Leah

Silver Member
I can't dooooooooooo it.
If I use too much frylight then the egg turns the same colour!
and if i use too little it doesn't cook and hisses and spits like a snakes going crazy.
Any advice :p

Cook the bottom as normal then cook the top under the grill. Takes a bit of practice but works every time for me (and I like my yolk runny) xx

hi Kim, we always use frylight on our 'fried' eggs this is what we do -
just a couple of sprays of fry light in a small fry pan, then put egg in and let 'fry' for a couple of minutes -----
then we add water !!- just a little bit -probably about 2 tablspoons then put a lid on it - so you are like fry/poaching it at the same time ....lovely
We havent had a proper fried egg in months -always do them like this now
Give it a go and let us know what you think xx

I spray a small frying pan with fry light, heat the pan and then add the egg(s). Reduce the heat, so its like simmering and then ocassionally, spray the yolk with fry light until cooked!

I find cooking the eggs on a low heat is the secret!!lol.

Do you have a non stick pan? I think they help.
I spray my pan, get it hot then add the egg. When the egg looks firm enough on the bottom I flip it over for just a couple of seconds to seal the snotty stuff on top. It takes some practice but a tip is to not drop it into the pan from a great height, keep the egg low to the pan when you flip it.

i'll be doing it soon... just doing chips now. Do you put the egg under the grill still in the frying pan? or do you put it on a plate?

I put the pan under the grill (straight from the hob) until the top of the yolk turns white but still shows movement . xxx

Not advisable if your pan has a plastic handle!!

I cook mine in the same way as Ninja - flip it over for the last min of cooking. I try not to overcook it as I like it "dippy"!

Not advisable if your pan has a plastic handle!!

I cook mine in the same way as Ninja - flip it over for the last min of cooking. I try not to overcook it as I like it "dippy"!

lol should have said that!! The handle shouldn't need to go "into" the oven. Only the pan.

i'll be doing it soon... just doing chips now. Do you put the egg under the grill still in the frying pan? or do you put it on a plate?

Have you tried doing your eggs in the oven with your chips?? That's lovely. Cook chips till done, make one or two gaps depending on how many eggs you want and crack the eggs into them. put in oven for a about 4 mins and they're great. The white goes lovely and crispy but the yolk stays nice and runny but there's no snot on the top. The recipe is in one of the slimming world books.

i fry eggs all the time with frylight and they look normal.

maybe you are using more frylight than you need???

I use a very good non stick pan, several sprays of frylight and put the eggs in when pan heated, cover the eggs with a small saucepan lid and a few mins later they're ready!

Got one of those toastie sandwich makers kicking about? Spritz it with frylite, pops your egss in and ta daaa, eggs, like fried, but erm toasted. magic. I never cook mine in the pan and even took my toastie maker to work this morning so I could have fried eggs, bacn, beans and toms (the last 3 I did in the work pasty oven). Yum. Not had time for lunch today, but surprisingly I'm not hungry either. Teas in t'oven, pasta quiche, my first attempt.

I agree - this is how I make mine but I turn the heat off completely rather than turn it down. There's enough heat in the pan to cook the egg.

I spray a small frying pan with fry light, heat the pan and then add the egg(s). Reduce the heat, so its like simmering and then ocassionally, spray the yolk with fry light until cooked!

I find cooking the eggs on a low heat is the secret!!lol.

Same as me too! Couple of squirts of FL in a non stick pan. Hot pan, eggs in, reduce the heat right down. Then I flip them veeeeery gently just to seal the tops. I don't like the yolk too runny, so I let it cook through a little bit.

Ooofh, I want an egg now!

Buy yourself a non stick frying pan with a lid,just a couple of sprays of spry light ,dont cook too fast and dont lift lid,I have glass lid and can see when they cooked,perfect eggs everytime

erm......... i ended up burning the bottom of my pan and throwing the egg haha!
i stuck to a poached egg instead!

erm......... i ended up burning the bottom of my pan and throwing the egg haha!
i stuck to a poached egg instead!

I have to say I've never been able to cook anything properly with that Frylight stuff. I gave up trying in the first week or so, I think. Now, if I want something fried, I just use 1 tblsp of proper oil, and either count it as a HexB or pay out the 6 syns. I'd rather do that, the Frylight just isn't my thing.

You need to have a good non stick pan spray with frylight and cook them on a low heat. Once they go white, ease them off the pan so they slide around. Then you can flip them when your ready.BTW with a non stick plan dont use metal utensils or the non stick coating will scratch off. Use plastic or silicone.

I think you have to keep in mind that you need to cook on a lower heat when using fry light. I think that's the secret to success with FL.

Back