FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

aww Hev, not to worry, you will soon lose all that again and lots lots more!! You have done so well up to now, its always difficult to live your life and avoid all parties and get togethers, we've all been there. You can do it, I have upmost faith in you. Just look at how much you have lost, that is no mean feat, and its taken hard work and dedication, you should be proud of what you have lost and this is just a blip in the huge scheme of things!! You can do it girl!!

How is Davina's DVD going?? I've got to get into my exercise again, me and my hubby got Kinect for Xmas, with several fitness games and dance games, played a bit of them over xmas and they are fierce!! Just need to get into them properly and watch the weight come off! WI for me later, wish me luck :) xx

Good luck Tina for this evening!! Sounds like you're really motivated!! It helps to make it fun and I'm sure you'll have endless hours of fun with the fitness and dance games!! For now I'm sticking with my new Davina DVD which is SHOCKINGLY HARD!!! Just realised how unfit I am!! Thanks hunny for the words of encouragement and support!! I know I can do it! Just got to stay focused and positive!! I have a clear run ahead with little on socially (for once) so looking forward to eating properly and cutting out the rubbish!!X

You've lost a huge amount of weight, and I find your weight loss very inspirational! :D

Please don't let your small gain get you down, it's nothing in comparison to what you have lost. :) x

Thank you so much WP!! It means tons to hear people give me such encouragement and positive vibes!! You're absolutely right, I should be thinking really positively about this considering what I've achieved so far! And no reason why I can't achieve more again! Thanks!X

Haha EB!!

...So... wow the Davina Body Buff DVD was very difficult indeed!! It made me realise how unfit I am! I actually only lasted 1/2 hour plus the warm-up! I was exhausted!! But I'm now I'm glad I did it and looking forward to doing it again this week!! I think I'll be best off doing it in the mornings because it's very sweat inducing and a shower was much needed afterwards!!

Things I liked about doing it:-
- It made me feel like I was moving my butt and doing something that's going to get me results and get me fit (if I do it regularly!!)
- It got my heart racing which means it's really working!
- It made me think positively about being motivated to keep losing weight and tone up!
- I like that Davina is so down to earth and makes you feel at ease following the routine
- Nobody else could see how ridiculous and silly I looked
- I could stop quickly for a drink of water when I liked
- I can do the DVD to fit around my lifestyle/shifts
- There is a really really good chapter on healthy eating in it which features Meg Mathews and a nutritionist and provides a very interesting and thought provoking viewpoint on nutrition! Nothing we don't already know but it was good to have it reinforced!

Things I didn't like about doing it (but can turn into positives!!):-
- I found it really really hard and was annoyed that I didn't stick it for 45 mins-1 hour (the positive is that it will get easier as I get fitter)
-It made me realise how uncoordinated and clumsy I am (the positive is that I will get better at it once I get to know the routines)
-I didn't like feeling my wobbly bits wobbling so much! It was uncomfortable- especially my hips and tummy! (the positive is that these will firm up over time- my Shock Absorber bra lessened the impact of my boobies!!)

All in all I'm glad I bought it and will definitely be persuing it!! Just looking forward to getting better at it and being able to do whole 45 min-1 hour routines!!X

Really proud of you Hevs for taking that first step into doing more Body Magic. I'm telling you that you will get much better at it and getting "into it" may take some time, but it will be worth it. In no time you'll be doing it for longer and building the endurance.

Also the great thing I find about doing the exercise is you actually see how hard you have to work and when you go for something that is not SW friendly you have to think twice about how much effort it's going to take to burn it off...so is it really worth it. Don't know that's how my thinking is these days and hope that still stays with me. Remind me when I have my down days :)
Big hug to you!

crikey, sounds like that Davina dvd is hard then!! Think I'll stay with my Kinect for the time being, seriously considering getting the new Zumba game for it, have heard wonderful things about it.

WI, I put 1lb on, which I was expecting as we went to our friends on Sunday which we should have done on the sunday after new year, but with us being ill we had to postpone. She did me a couple of jacket potatoes and some carrot sticks, but the rest of the buffet was like a branch of Iceland so it was hard not to eat anything too bad really. Nothing socially on for the next few weeks anyway so can get straight back into it and put it down as a minor glitch.

Really proud of you Hevs for taking that first step into doing more Body Magic. I'm telling you that you will get much better at it and getting "into it" may take some time, but it will be worth it. In no time you'll be doing it for longer and building the endurance.

Also the great thing I find about doing the exercise is you actually see how hard you have to work and when you go for something that is not SW friendly you have to think twice about how much effort it's going to take to burn it off...so is it really worth it. Don't know that's how my thinking is these days and hope that still stays with me. Remind me when I have my down days :)
Big hug to you!

Thank you so much Meli!! I thought I was fairly fit as I don't have any problem walking, even up hills, but the fast pace and lots of jogging and jumping around really tested me!! Looking forward to doing more now!! You're right, it does make you want to avoid certain things- increases awareness of what blinkin hard work it is!XXX

Come on Hevs and Ellebear! You can both get back into the zone and soon pow pow pow those pounds away! I was looking through my book the other day and you know what, I've been piddling about with the same few pounds (gaining and losing) since June, so if I can do it, then so can you! You are both amazing and my thinspirations! :D

Thanks lovely!! Yes my rate of loss has been sooo slow since September especially!! Got to make progress now or I will go crazy!! Proud of you for doing it!! You are very inspiring too hun!!X

crikey, sounds like that Davina dvd is hard then!! Think I'll stay with my Kinect for the time being, seriously considering getting the new Zumba game for it, have heard wonderful things about it.

WI, I put 1lb on, which I was expecting as we went to our friends on Sunday which we should have done on the sunday after new year, but with us being ill we had to postpone. She did me a couple of jacket potatoes and some carrot sticks, but the rest of the buffet was like a branch of Iceland so it was hard not to eat anything too bad really. Nothing socially on for the next few weeks anyway so can get straight back into it and put it down as a minor glitch.

I think it's just important to do something you fancy and that you'll find fun!! That's all that matters!! I've posted on your thread hun X

Week 65- Day 2 (Wed)- Green Day- Day off.

Breakfast-10am- 3 egg omlette with herbs. A 150g pot Asda pear & apple cottage cheese. An apple.

Lunch- 2pm- A roast chicken Pot Noodle in a Mug (1 syn). A small banana.

Snack 4.30pm- Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb1).

Tea- Vegetable curry (onion, garlic, leek, sweet potato, red pepper, yellow pepper, courgette, carrot, soya beans, mange tout, mushrooms, tomatoes, curry powder, chilli powder, cumin and coriander). Served with Asda curry savoury rice (1.5 syns) and side salad (mixed leaves, tomato and spring onion, 1 tbspn xl salad cream (1 syn), topped with 28g grated Mexicana cheese on salad (HEXa1). An orange. A raspberry Activia fat free snackpot.

Late night snack- 2 corn thins (part HEXb2).
28g blue cheese (HEXa2).

Total syns 3.5.

Body magic- 40 mins Davina Body Buff DVD!

Pleased with myself for doing the exercise DVD for a second day running. I'll have a day off from it tomorrow- will be cleaning our rental cottage tomorrow from top to bottom which will be body magic in itself. I found the DVD easier to follow today because I'm getting my head around the routines, the same ones as I did yesterday! It was equally difficult but I managed a bit more, 40 mins in total including the 10 min warm-up! Can't wait to see if doing it regularly helps with my losses and can't wait to see results and feel/look more toned!

Last edited:
Hunny give yourself a break init, you cant expect your body to just accept that amount of exercise. It will take time to get up to the full time, and its better to take it slower. Otherwise you could hurt yourself!!

Your doing so well! So don't be disheartened

Thanks chick!! You're so right, I think we put so much pressure on ourselves sometimes!! I'm going to do the DVD again on Thursday morning and aim for a total of 45 mins!! Hey, I've just noticed we have quite similar start/goal weights and similar heights too!! Give it plenty of time! The weeks and months pass by so quickly and it's amazing how the pounds tot up!! Great first WI! That must be a real boost!!X

Week 65- Day 3 (Thurs)- Green Day- Day off.

Breakfast- 3 egg omlette with herbs and a tin of Morrisons red kidney beans in chilli sauce. A few grapes.

Did 2 hours of solid cleaning in our holiday rental cottage next door! Hoovering (including cobweb zapping- lots of arm stretches!), cleaning all rooms, dusting, pulling out furniture, making 3 beds, mopping floors, sweeping dead leaves from patio and paths! I think we can call it body magic, although Davina it aint!!!

Lunch- 150g pot Asda Good For You coronation cottage cheese. A tomato & herb Pot Noodle in a Mug. An apple and a few grapes.

Snack- 8 olives (1 syn).

At M-I-Law's- 1 Thorntons chocolate (3.5 syns- sacre bleur!!) They all had pie and mash and I resisted and happy to wait until I got home for my syn free veg curry! Although I did pinch a couple of dh's brussels sprouts! *Grins smugly*!

Snack- Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus (HEXb1).

Tea- Syn free vegetable curry with basmati and wild rice. A peach Activia fat free snackpot (0.5 syns). An orange.

350ml skimmed milk before bed (HEXa1).

Total syns 5.

Body magic- 2 hours of cleaning (see earlier today).

Last edited:
Hehee!! I did make rather a lot Allie I can't deny it!! But I feel quite virtuous knowing it's syn free and making up half my meals, this evening 2/3 with 1/3 rice and 1/3 salad veg! Hoping it will boost my loss next week along with the vigorous Davina DVD!! OMG it's hard!! But anyway the veg curry is delish and I'm someone who can eat the same thing for days but then probably won't have it again for ages!! Veg chilli next week perhaps?!?!!!X

Week 65-Day 4 (Fri)- Green Day- Working 12.30-8pm.

8am- Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus (HEXb1).

10am- 2 chocolate Weetabix (HEXb2 + 2 syns) with 175ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEXa1). Some red and white grapes.

In work- Lunch-2.30pm- Thai Mugshot (0.5 syns). 150g tub Asda Good For You black pepper cottage cheese. Blueberries.

4pm- 1 custard cream (3 syns).

In work-6.30pm- Syn free vegetable curry with basmati and wild rice.

At home- 10pm- had neighbours round- kept naughty nibbles to a minimum- This is what I had:-

-Tomato & roast vegetable couscous Mugshot (1 syn)
-42g blue cheese (1/2 HEXa1 + HEXa2)
-2 crackers (3 syns)
-An apple and an orange
-A cherry Activia fat free snackpot
-Very small amount of ice-cream (4 syns)
-25ml Amaretto liqueur (3 syns).

Total syns 16.5.

Body magic-Had all the best laid plans to do a Davina session this morning first thing but it didn't work out that way!! It was hectic in the house this morning- dh received a delivery of plasterboards (doing up a bedroom) from a builders merchants and there was almighty chaos and a trail of mess so had big cleaning up session and then ran out of time then having to get ready for work!! Perhaps bit off more than I could chew! OOh had Joes sausages delivery this morning too- all safely tucked up in freezer draw ready to be released in near future!!

Last edited:
Back