Funny little quirks and traits!

I always cut an apple in half and then remove the core before I eat it. Same with pears.
Oh I always have to have the towels neatly folded in the bathroom. OH just throws them anyhow it drives me up the wall!

i have to sleep closest to the door, if i dont i wont switch off.
i have to write everything out 3 times, food plans.. shopping lists.. even just notes to myself. God knows why.

and i cant have anyone else push the shopping trolley, if my OH absoloutly insists, (mainly because he knows itl annoy me) i'l cling to the front to direct it like my mother did when i was allowed to push it as a kid..

and i CANNOT stand the feeling of cheese. I have to get someone to position it in the wrapper so i can grate lol.

xx

If I get stressed I get very OC and have to clean things, if it's my desk or work area everything has to line up.

I can't eat leftover food (I'm working on my food ones and twice in the past week I've had leftovers, yay me!) and if something has been open and in the fridge for more than a few days it has to go in the bin. I waste a lot of food this way, silly I know but most of us are aware of our OCDs!

If I'm eating soup and someone drinks theirs from the cup, mine has to go in the bin - I won't be able to eat soup for the rest of the day.

I can't touch things if I've had wet hands. Tea towels for example. I now have goose pimples just writing that down.

All cups have to be re washed before I use them, even if they have just come from the cupboard - I won't let OH make me a drink in case he doesn't do this and on the rare occasion I let him I change my mind at the last minute.

I can't make appointments too far in advance or I will cancel them for no good reason.

I'm sure there are loads more, I'll add them if I think of any.

See, I'm a freak.

We have a vertical loo roll holder !!

When i put clean sheets on the bed i have to get in first.
I always have to sleep on hubbys right or i cant sleep, dont think i have any real others -oh yeah sandwiches i have to have triangles or squares depending on the filling.

Oh cant have egg and anything tomato touching on his plate so when i do a fry up i have to build a wall across the plate with sausage or bacon

I have to take the second newspaper from the pile, not the top one.

I have to have a coin in every jacket pocket, they can't be empty. My OH 'borrowed' one of the coins once out of one of my jackets and I could never wear it again. He hasn't done it since.

I am a loo roll behind person! I hate lights left on and electric switches not off. Cant having washing sitting in the washing basket. Have to make my bed as soon as I get out of it

Ha, love this thread! I feel completely normal now.

I cannot leave our bedroom door open when I've gone through it! Even if I know OH is following me into the room I will still automatically shut it behind me...My OH has often had a bash on the nose from me pushing the door shut on him! It drives him bonkers! I think this stems from childhood - the most popular phrase in our home was "Born in a barn were you?"

When I turn off the cooker, I double check over all the knobs... "off, off, off..." etc. Then again, just to be sure.

When I peel vegetables I find myself counting the peel strokes, & I count the potatoes from the sack into the storage bag when I get more from the utility. I've just realised having typed this, that I always stop at 20! OMG. I am weird.

I have so many quirks! I like to have my glasses and mugs the right way up in the cupboard, my husband always insists on putting them away upside down. He says it's so spiders and other unmentionable things can't make their home in them! :eek:

The cutlery drawer has to be ordered from the left, knife, fork, spoon anything else is just wrong.

Loo roll to the front, no exceptions.

Bottles and jars must go through the dishwasher before recycling.

Baked beans must never ever come into contact with chips!

I could go on but I already sound completely mad!

When walking on my own I count my steps or go through the alphabet... :(

i didn't think i had any till i read this.
loo roll to back woman.
i like doors shut unless i'm in the room on my own no idea why.
i always like a the landing light on. (childhood thing).
toilet seat goes down before i flush and when ever i see it up.
i can't stand metal near my teeth if i knock my teeth with my fork thats it i can't eat no more.
i can't stand people eating near me if i'm not eating sound drives me mad.

I didn't think I had any...except beans (or spaghetti in tom sauce) and eggs do NOT belong on the same plate.
I'm so fussy with my cuppa that I will only drink the tea of people I have 'trained' to make it right or I drink coffee!
In the bedroom the door HAS to be closed and the windows open.
I can't eat sweet stuff before savoury, my hubby will eat a biscuit whilst making his cereal, it makes me feel sick.
I can't eat carrot 'coins' unless in a stew
I can't phone people I know, unless I know them VERY well!

I love this thread, I have just got into work and it was the first thing I looked at, I am glad we are all slightly strange in one way or another though, means we are all totally normal, or as normal as normal can be.....

I'm pleased I started it now! I had just changed the loo roll in the bathroom as DD had done it wrong and it got me wondering if I was the only odd one around. Clearly I am not.
Or, is it that we are all normal....

Either way, I'm loving this thread and recognising myself in a lot of other people's traits too!

This is absolutely hillarious!!!

Years ago I was effectively bought to a standstill by OCD, and spent ages in hospital being 'treated'. I'm STILL neurotic about lots of things, mostly to do with dirt, germs and contamination. Trouble is, if you are an obsessive sort of person, and you're being 'treated' with a whole bunch of others, you kind of 'catch' things from the other people!

Handwashing was the worst thing, I could hardly touch anything without washing my hands afterwards. Trouble was, one of the girls always had to wash up to her ELBOWS every time she washed her hands, and one of the others had to wash hers 3 times to feel clean, so you can all guess what happened...!!!

I can remember being stared at if I ever was brave enough to use a public loo - I even said to one lady "don't worry about it, I've just delivered a calf", which promptly got rid of her!

Thankfully, I'm not anything like that now, but so many of your quirks are totally normal for me - counting the strokes when peeling, not taking the top or front copy of ANYTHING made of paper, loo roll over the top (we're the same as Cliff Richard here, girls!), using the 'right colour' peg when hanging things out, still using a tissue as a barrier when opening doors to get OUT of the loo - more or less OK now the rest of the time - Oh, and I will NOT wear my coat, scarf etc into the loo, so if you ever visit a ladies with a very patient looking, elderly male outside, festooned like a Christmas tree, he's probably mine!!!

I could go on, but I'm sure I've bored you all silly! Do PLEASE keep posting, I feel more and more 'normal' with each revelation!

Oooh Roz, I like matching pegs when hanging out the washing too!! Why? I just don't get it. I also hang socks in pairs like one of the other posters.
And not bored at all by your post, interested really!

I count steps when im walking, I also count stairs. I walk 69 stairs to my office every morning and 69 stairs back (yes I count them each day!!!) I have 13 stairs going from my bedroom to front door, my house then has another 7 to a landing and 8 to another landing. I know how many stairs are in my friends houses and how many steps it takes me to walk from my car to my office stairs!!!

I only drink tea out of white mugs
I only eat desserts with a long handled teaspoon
I HATE noisy eaters (to the point where I actually feel violently angry)
I get stressed out by the misuse of apostrophes (I am still upset by the local petshop having a sign saying 'Hamster's for sale')
A french fancy has got to be accompanied by a mug of tea and an Agatha Christie drama on the TV, otherwise it doesn't taste as nice
Anyone who eats a Ferrero Rocher whole rather than nibbling all the outside off, pulling open, licking the filling out then eating the nut whole is just mental in my opinion

As with everything in my life, it turns out most of mine revolve around food

Back