Gallette virgin!

glammam

Ok, even though i have following this diet for ages (despite fallen off the wagon big time this week) I still have not made a galllette! Think this is where I have been going wrong! Can you make it with Greek yoghurt or has it got to be fromage frei's? I have even bought a new frying an specially for them! How do you make them? So excited :)

Hi hunni, I make them with normal lo fat yogurt.

1.5tbsp of oatbran
1.5tbsp of Yogurt (though mine are probably more like 2 LOL)
1 egg
1 tbsp sweetner or herbs / spice of choice.

Mix it all really well in a dish first.

I put a drop of oil on the pan, let it heat for a few seconds and then use kitchen roll to wipe around.

Put the mixture in teh middle of the pan and spread around. I usually use my spatula and lightly spread.

I have found that the trick is to cook slowly, if you do it on a low heat it actually gives the second side chance to start to cook. Then when the first side is golden, flip it.

I must admit the only 'sticking' problems I have ever had is because my pan is on its way out. i too have bought a new one now. LOL

If oatbran is an issue, you could always do the half tbsp of wheatbran. that way your daily allowances will spraed to two things.

dukanfatty said:
Hi hunni, I make them with normal lo fat yogurt.

1.5tbsp of oatbran
1.5tbsp of Yogurt (though mine are probably more like 2 LOL)
1 egg
1 tbsp sweetner or herbs / spice of choice.

Mix it all really well in a dish first.

I put a drop of oil on the pan, let it heat for a few seconds and then use kitchen roll to wipe around.

Put the mixture in teh middle of the pan and spread around. I usually use my spatula and lightly spread.

I have found that the trick is to cook slowly, if you do it on a low heat it actually gives the second side chance to start to cook. Then when the first side is golden, flip it.

I must admit the only 'sticking' problems I have ever had is because my pan is on its way out. i too have bought a new one now. LOL

If oatbran is an issue, you could always do the half tbsp of wheatbran. that way your daily allowances will spraed to two things.

So the galette is a big pan cooked muffin lol xxx

or you can do mini ones, like drop scones, dead easy to flip over and they dont break up

Loved my gallette! It was absolutely gorg! I also bought some carb free maple syrup from amazon the other day which was stunning over it. Cant wait for my breakfast tomorrow, gallette with syrup and i am going to make a milk shake out of the remainder of the yoghurt. yippee! Im easily pleased. Also tried turkey sausages tonight, lovely they were. Feel this new food can get me back into Dukan now. I also bought some turkey meatballs the other day. Cant wait to try them either :)

So pleased it worked for you, the tiny ones sound yum, me thinks they will be perfect for small bits with prawns etc.

So pleased it worked for you, the tiny ones sound yum, me thinks they will be perfect for small bits with prawns etc.

I prefer them sweet for breakfast or with a hot drink and coz they are little you can have a few, its all psychological shinanigans going on to fool me that im getting more than i should. lol

I hear you Col, I think we all do it, and it obviously works so why not LOL

Back