Gemma's Diary Mixed Days - red, green, EE - new to EE advice welcome

Well I'm absolutely devastated, I put 2lb on at WI last night :sigh: I was so upset I have no idea what I've done wrong! I thought about it last night and I've come to the conclusion that it could be either one of two things, my Doctor has been messing around with my contraception, she changed my pill a few weeks back and then I had the implant in my arm last week so it could be my hormones playing havoc (really hope it isn't the implant as that is there for 3 years so I'm hoping it isn't that making me gain weight...) or the fact that I have been exercising, my muscles have been really sore and I know they can retain fluid when you first start exercising, so I'm hoping that's down to the gain... Because I really haven't done anything I shouldn't! I'm so upset :(

Tuesday 21/05/2013 - GREEN DAY:

B: 35g porridge (HEB), 400ml Smart Price Unsweetened Soya Milk (HEA), Blueberries
L: Mugshot, Asda Fat Free Yoghurt (5 syns), banana, grapes, nectarine
D: SW Mushroom Risotto, 35g Parmesan Cheese (HEA), syn free pancake, 2 tsp Hartley's jam (1 syn), strawberries
HiFi Light Bar (3 syns), x2 Alpen Lights (HEB), Mullerlight Lemon Cheesecake flavour (1 syn)

Still had my pancake to drown my sorrows!!ha

So sorry to hear that Gemma :( both the reasons you mentioned though could definitely have been the cause of your gain. I remember starting body pump classes and I put on about 4lb as my muscles were so sore! Really disheartening I know but hopefully will calm down within a few weeks. Have your measurements changed? If you feel down just remember how far you have come hun and you are such an inspiration! You have done amazingly well and just remember your size 8 that you bought the other day ;)

Please stay positive! x

Awww thanks Gill I was so upset but feeling more positive today in the knowledge it's not down to something I have done so trying to stay positive! I'll just keep an eye on it, I have had a massive increased appetite since I had the implant put in, it's the same hormone as the injection and I'm always like that when I have my injection so maybe it's just my body settling into the hormone changes.

Wednesday 22/05/2013 - RED DAY

B: 35g porridge (HEB), 400ml Smart Price Unsweetened Soya Milk (HEA), Blueberries
L: can of tuna in Kraft Light French dressing, tomatoes and x2 bolied eggs, X2 Ryvita Wholegrain Crackers (2 syns), plum, cheesecake Mullerlight (1 syn)
D: x2 salmon cooked in soya sauce with salad (red pepper, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, spring onions) and WW Wholemeal Pitta Bread (HEB), 30g Cheddar (HEA)
Snacks: Orange, nectarine, banana, Alpen Light (3 syns)

Going to keep my syns between 5-10 the next few days see if it helps (even though I'm out all weekend :eek:)

Goodluck this weekend fab foods again :) im going to mix it up a bit and do red days mon-wed i think :) x

I'm trying to mix thing up a bit, I feel a lot better doing red days but they are just sooo expensive with the meat and fish and fresh salad all the time! I'm going to stick to good food this weekend and stick to my vodka and slimline tonics, I think being a bit naughty sometimes gives your body and metabolism a kick up the backside!

Thursday 23/04/2013 - GREEN DAY:

B: 35g Porridge (HEB), 400ml SP Unsweetened Soya Milk (HEA), Blueberries, Jam (1 syn)
L: Mugshot, x5 scan bran (HEB), x2 sliced bananas
D: Quorn Sausage Casserole (quorn sausages, tin of chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs, garlic, mushrooms, red onion, can of beans, half a can of sweetcorn) - 3syns for sausages, boiled potatoes and 30g cheddar (HEA)
Nectarine, Alpen Light (3 syns), Cheesecake Mullerlight (1 syn), WW Hot Chocolate (2 syns)

Just popped into say hi, your food diary is fab, so much variety and well done on your loss so far :)

Friday 24/05/2013 - GREEN DAY

Plan for today:

B: 35g porridge (HEB), Blueberries, 400ml Asda Smart Price Unsweetened Soya Milk (HEA)
L: Mugshot, x2 Quorn Sausages (2 syns), banana, nectarine, plum, Melon
D: Quorn chicken in Loyd Grossman Tomato and Basil Sauce (350g Jar = 10.5 syns shared by 3 people = 3.5 syns for me), tin of chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion. Served with pasta and a Weight Watchers Petit Pain (HEB) - going to attempt to make a garlic bread roll with this - Going to cook it, split open and put on tomatoa puree mixed with garlic and top with 30g cheddar (HEA) - I will report back on how this worked out!

Haha everyone falls off once and a while aslong as you get back on it thats main thing :) x

I know I'm not going to get myself upset about it, it's done now and so long as I get back on track that's the main thing! I as out and about so much that I just ate on the go, didn't help that I attended two BBQ's either! But I haven't got anything on now for a good few weeks so I can get back on track x

Back