General: Week starting Mon 7th August

Hey Ann,
Sexy jeans eh - make sure you wiggle that ass and show that glitter off!!!!

Seriously tho', isn't it just the best feeling ever to walk into Next and not think all the shop assistants are looking at you and thinking "the marquee store is across town". I hated having to walk thru the women's section to get to the kids section and always rushed thru, head down, not meeting anyone's eyes as I was so afraid of seeing what I imagined they thought of me.

Just had my interview with a very nice journalist about putting my story in "LoveIt" magazine - poor girl, her phone ran out of battery cos I raved on and on and on about VLCDs and how my life has changed so much for the better.

Must go to bed now as a colleague of mine who is retiring on Friday and emigrating to Canada is coming to "check out my new body" (his words not mine) tomorrow so need beauty sleep and an early morning to put enough slap on to pass muster!

Go shake your thang girl!!!
A
xxxx

Whoooo hooooo Ann, wonderful news about the jeans and why shouldn't you have diamonds on your bum? Age is only a number :D

Roch, it sounds like you have one daredevil of a son there. He sounds like my eldest, I've never known where I am with him but he's never given me an ounce of trouble :) Forgetful wasn't the word though and when he goes away even now I have to go througha checklist with him. he's planning on moving to London as soon as he can transfer jobs and heaven knows how he'll cope sans Mamma!

Morning all!
Ann....well done on those size 14's! You'll be a 10 by November at this rate. :) Jeans sound great! Bagged a few bargins at the Next sale as well. One size 16 skirt, 2 pairs of size 16 jeans and some pj's! Can't remember the last time I got anything for myself in Next...when they first opened I think. Not posting much on DH either but did put the link to minimins on our thread.
AKB....OMG your avatar is amazing! Big congrats on becoming a CDC.
Debbie....you'll be in a 14 in no time I have no doubt at all! And I hope to join you by my birthday in March!:)
Well woken up as stiff a a board...fell out of bed on Sunday night! and have really hurt my back. Thought it was ok so went swimming yesterday but today its really painful. In a way a good thing as to painful to hobble to the fridge for the food I'm craving to comfort me! Had my meal last night 2 bits of chicken mini fillets and some salad....chicken off the BBQ it was so yummy! Not eating my meal everyday but its great knowing I can if I want to 790 is the only way I can do this diet. I'd reallty like to be noticeably slimmer when we meet up in November. At the moment though just hoping I can lose a stone by 23rd September for mates wedding!! I'd love to wear something really nice rather than the same old stuff I always buy black, black & more black. Even went mad and brought a pair of highish heels! My first ever pair!!!really never had a pair of heels before!:eek:
Off for my shake......fav of the moment is chocolate with loads ice & spoonful of coffee its sooooooo yummy!
Have a great day Wemitts.
Kamilla xx

Good morning, Wemitts! Hope everyone is hale and hearty today!!
AKB - many congrats on joining the CDC team!!!
Kam - so sorry about your hurty back, luv - I do sympathise!
Brightness - your boy will be fine - he's been brought up well!
Ann - you go, girl!!!!!!
Hi to anyone I've not mentioned!!!
Have a great day, laydeees!

Hi everyone
Well, I typed this message out a couple of hours ago but when I went to send it, it reckoned I wasn't signed in and wiped the lot!! In frustration, I went and did some housework (and believe me, I have to be pretty desperately frustrated to do THAT!)

OK - start again.

Ailsa - Huge congratulations on becoming a CDC. You will be a great success as you'll be such an inspiration to those coming to you for help. Let us know what issue of 'Love It' you're going to be in won't you!

Kam - Sorry to hear about your back ('fell out of bed' ??? ... hmmm!! ;) ) Seriously - a bad back is the worst: it affects everything you do so you have my sympathy. As for joining me as a size 14 ... you'll be there WAY before March my girl!!

Ann - I thought I'd written something to you about your size 14 jeans but I can't find it so at the risk of repeating myself, I'd just like to say WELL DONE with a cherry on top!! And as the Renault advert goes .... "I see you baby, shaking that (diamond adorned) ass!!"

I had another clothes-trying-on session this morning. I do this at least every other week now: I learned my lesson the hard way when I was doing it monthly and shrunk my way past some clothes I had so never even got to wear them!

I think I can safely say that I'm definitely into the size 20s now as my 22s are getting that 'wafting in the breeze' appearance. The big problem is still my tummy though. At both ends (shoulders, boobs, hips and thighs) I'm probably more like a 16 or even a 14 but my tummy still gives me that 'winnie-the-pooh' look that I hate so much!! Oh why can't I have a tummy tuck NOW??? :mad:

Oh well, I suppose my tum is just going to continue to reduce in proportion to everything else: It started off as my biggest problem area so I guess it will continue like that until the fat stores are depleted. I just hope I don't end up with stick-thin arms and legs just so I can get a size 12 belly!!:p

I've got my weigh-in at 5.30 and all being well, I SHOULD be in the 13s by now. I was 14st 2lb last weigh-in ... I only need 3lb to get me down into a place I haven't seen in over 20 years! But 3lb has never looked like such a mountain!

If I get on the scales and it says '14st', you will hear a scream of despair coming from the South coast wherever you are!
I'll post the result later :)

Debbie x

The waist is the last place my weight is going from too :(

So we both have weigh ins tonight then!

I have my fingers crossed for you for tonight Debbie ;) I'll be back on here after my meeting and having got the low down on just naughty my daughter was for nanny (hubby is away again at the mo).

I expect to be back after 11pm and boy do I need a good experience from tonights meeting. :rolleyes:

BTW any typing errors were because it is difficult to type with your fingers crossed! I'm doing my best though.

Hi Chicken
Got everything crossed for both of us!

It's only tonight I've got a Tuesday weigh-in (missed last Thurs because I was on the IOW). My CDC won't be here on Thurs either so I'll have to wait for a week Thurs for my next weigh-in :(

Oh well - it'll all even out and be back on an even keel from then.

You sound a bit low at the moment Tal ... I know you were somewhat elated after your trip to that posh frock shop - do you think that after such a high, the lows seem even lower? Could it be TOTM?

I know I'm feeling abit lower than usual but I think it's because it's the summer hols and my routine is all out of sync. For the past year I've been at college and it's been pretty intense juggling six subjects - now I'm just wafting along doing the ironing and wiping finger marks off the light switches: gripping stuff!!

Once I start Uni in Sept I'm sure my mood will pick up! Problem is, lethargy breeds lethary - the less I do, the less I want to do. Of course, if I had loads of dosh then I'm sure I could drum up some enthusiasm for a trip to the shops (and I don't mean Asda!) ;)

Anyway, good luck for tonight: I'll be thinking of you! I'll post my result some time after 5.30.

Debbie x

I know what you mean about feeling lower in the holidays, I like my routines :rolleyes:

But weirdly enough I am low because of the shopping trip. I know I am now a smaller size than the vaerage UK woman and I am finding it difficult to stay on track now.

Also I now know that self sabotage my gooals towards the end of the project to save myself the ultimate hurt of failing because my best isn't good enough. The nearer I get the more difficult it is to carry on but I HAVE to break this pattern of self destruction. :(

I forgot to have my breakfast and lunch pack - putting that right now - and inconsistencey there leaves me open to mood swings so I haven't helped myself.

I had a nightmare last night that shock me too.

Oh and hubby went to Italy again on Sunday and isn't due back till the end of the week.

Tomorrow will be better :D

If it says you're logged out...

I know a few people have mentioned losing posts where system says you are logged out:

DO NOT log in again on the screen that it says that.

INSTEAD press back arrow at the top and it should show you your whole post again, copy it (highlight using control + c) then
having saved your post log in again as you would if you were just entering the site. Then go back into the thread you want and paste (press control + p) thus saving you from retyping everything again!

(I've been doing this since beginning and have only just twigged that signing back in there & then is how people are losing all their work!)

Hope this helps!

Anja

LOL Debbie.....I fell out of bed while asleep! Had whole kingsized bed to myself as well as DH was out for the evening and stayed at mates overnight....all boys together very drunk and with kebab breath YUK! Us wifes are always very happy when the DH's stay at only single mates house!
Back feeling a tad better prob as have been sitting down all day! Feel very lazy as normally buzzing around cleaning, ironing etc....Boys both out with friends so been quite quiet apart from Sophie having the odd tantrum over...mmm....nothing!
DH hasn't gone away :( job fell through :( not that I wanted him to go away for 4 days but the money would be lovely as he's only worked for 2 days in the last 5 weeks!!
Right better get off my backside and sort out dinner for everyone. Not eating tonight as really don't feel like it! So will have yet another chocolate & coffee shake def favourite at the moment.
Hope everyone is doing great Debbie fingers & toes crossed you hit the 13's!
Kamilla x

WeMitts - I have just been for weigh in (after 2 weeks) and I have lost TEN POUNDS !!!!! I am shocked, gobsmacked, and incredibly, wonderfully pleased. I am now 12st 4lbs - total loss of 9st. 5lbs. AND I've just had my chicken and vegetables, as planned. This is the best life has been in a LONG LONG time. Thanks for being there, I couldn't do it without you. Ann xxx

Hi Ann,

I just have to congratulate you on your wondrful 10lbs!!!

Your amazing:)

Well done.

Love Mini xxx

Ann
Congratulations on your amazing weight loss.
Irene xx

Irene...SNAP

If you look when we posted we both said the same thing practically!!!

Now is that amazing or what...

Love Mini xxx

Well done Anne, ur goal weight is just round the corner,u must be so proud of yourself xxx

Well Wemitts,am taking Aaron in an hours time to his friends house and their dad will be taking them to the airport at 5 am,feel a bit aprehensive but doing ok.
My house looks like a hurricane as hit it,cases and clothes everywhere,it will be so weird to come home and he wont be there in his bed.
I am going to miss him so much but will be nice to get some "me time".
Well my first sw weigh in will be on thursday and i hope form a decent weight loss.
I am changing my internet provider so will not have the internet for 3 weeks from the end of the week but will try and logg on from my friends house as much as i can.
Well got to go have a good night,chat later xxx

Hi wemitts

Ann - I'm truly speechless!! 10lb ... OMG that's fantastic!! :eek: You are one of the shiniest wemitt stars for sure!

Roch - Keep your chin up: it'll be odd not having your son around for a while but try and look at the positives if you can - as you said, this is a chance for a bit of 'you' time. Good luck for your first weigh in at SW.

Kam - Glad to hear your back is a wee bit better - take it easy though: backs have a nasty way of fooling you into 'thinking' they're better!

Anja - Thanks for the tip on logging in: I've 'lost' several posts because of it but that won't happen again!

Well, had my weigh-in a bit earlier and am pleased to report that I've lost another 6lb - 5st 3lb since March 24th AND ... am down to 13st 10lb :D :D :D
When I saw that on my CDC's scales, I grinned so much I almost split my face!

Next milestone .... to get out of the 'teens': just 11lb away!!

Have a great evening everyone!

Debbie x
One happy bunny ..... in the 13s!!

6lbs is fantasic Debbie, WELL DONE!!! We'll be SO happy with our "new" size 12 bodies by November. In a way, I wish it wasn't fancy dress - I'd love to get something really special to wear - I might just do that anyway!!!!
I have had an invitation from my former Lighter Life Counsellor to a get together to celebrate being part of her first year as a LLC. As far as I'm aware, she doesn't know I have continued losing weight with Cambridge. I'm going to go, it will be nice to see some of the people I started out on this journey with. Now what shall I wear to THAT one ??????? Ann x
PS...and now I've done the glitter thingy, all goals achieved today!!!!

Back