General: Week starting Mon 7th August

Thanks Victoria! Was I dreaming or was it a nightmare????
Well done on the 4.5lbs weight loss!
OMG I need to lose big time this week really trying hard but need to get that water down me. Finding 2 litres hard which is a pain as I was doing 6 litres not that long ago.
Back much better after visit to GP had a few needles stuck in it! WOW works a treat. He said go home and relax....mmm have sort of..............Well for goodness sake I've got 3 kids!!! how can I relax!
Right dinner to cook....having a night off and an extra shake! as kids are having home-made chicken kiev, jacket spud & spinach mmmmmm....but nope chocolate and coffee shake for me! Just realised I have only had one shake today so will also have some biscuits made with orange bar! Have now got them down to a fine art getting 32! out of one bar....is this a record?
Have a good evening everyone.
Kamilla x

Fantastic losses!!

Hi all Wemitts

Ann, Debbie and Victoria - Well done on your fantastic losses this week. Your all doing so well. Those targets are getting ever closer, and it's always motivating to see what can be achieved.

I'm glad you are enjoying your AAM's Ann. I always really enjoy having this every 5th week and like I've said before it seems to kick start my system again and I tend to have a good loss the following week (fingers crossed). I always drink half a litre with my meal and take my time to ensure that I chew every mouthful properly. It takes me ages to eat my "meal" and I struggle to finish it on most occasions. This is a lesson that I have learnt for when I am eating properly again.

Well, I had a terrible experience at the GP surgery this week. I had gone down there to get the dressings changed on my toes by the nurse and while I was sat in the waiting room there was a lady in an electric scooter. She moved the scooter to go and talk to a little girl who was also in the waiting room. When she had finished she reversed her scooter straight into me and ran over one of my toes. I did try and move out of the way, but boy can those things move. I gave out a little "owww" and the woman driving it looked at me, gave me a look and said "well if you didn't take up so much room I wouldn't have hit you". I was speechless. I know it was an accident and she hadn't deliberately aimed at me but a simple apology wouldn't have hurt. Others in the waiting room couldn't believe what had happened either. It knocked my confidence for six as I had really started to feel good about what I had achieved. I know I have still got a long way to go but I finally had started to notice a difference in myself and have started to feel the benefits of losing the weight that I have already lost. It amazes me that she felt it was ok to make this statement to a complete stranger. If I had made any comment about her being in the scooter (which I would never have done, my Nan uses one and I know how difficult she finds having to use one) I probably would have been down the cop shop for abuse of some kind. I am amazed that this kind of discrimination towards the overweight is still accepted.

So I shed a few tears and spent a couple of days back in my big and baggy clothes and had the biggest fight of my life not to hit the crisps and ice cream but I have come through it without giving in. I'm pleased that I didn't start to undo all of the hard work because of one individuals ingnorant behaviour and attitude. Friends and work colleagues have been lovely and my mind is now back being focused and I am starting to believe in myself again.

I get weighed tomorrow so fingers crossed for a good loss. Sorry to ramble on but it feels good to be able to get it all down.

Hope everyone has had a good day today and has a fab evening.

Jazzy xx

Oh Jazzy, a zillion wemitt points to you for not turning to food for comfort, or to "make you feel better". You have done SO well. What a rude, bitter, woman. Don't waste your energy on such people, they're not worth it. You concentrate on YOU, and what you want to be, and single mindedly go for it. That is a huge hurdle you have just overcome, and we are all proud of you.
There'll always be rude, unppleasant people in the world, all we can do is refuse to allow them to have any power over us. Don't shed any more tears, we're with you.
love and hugs, xxx

Hey JAZZY

It really is astonishing that some people think it is perfectly acceptable to make comments like this, however I think you did the right thing and didnt lower yourself to her level (which is very very low in my opinion).

But what amazing strength you have and I hope that when you get to goal you see this horrible woman again and then give her a piece of your mind! LOL

You have done amazingly well so far 100lb is just incredible, and although you are still on your journey you are nearly half way and that is something to be incredibly proud of.

You have us all behind you 100% and if you see her again tell her the WeMITTs will be after her!

love

hello to all wemitts and a big HUG to Jazzy!!!!

Wot a rotten old moo that woman was!

But very, very well done on resisting the urge to comfort eat - that showed real courage and strength of character, hun!

People can be so mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't let her negativity affect your wonderful progress so far!

Hello Wemitts,just spoke to Aaron his plane laneded in kenya not 2 long ago,i was so excited like a little girl let loose in a candy shop,i feel happy and relieved that he arrived safe and that i have spoken to him.
I miss him so much already,when he is here i shout at him and now i miss him badly.
Hopefully tonight i will be able to sleep knowing he is safe and having a wicked time.
Have been feeling really down today and felt like pigging out but did not, tomorrow is my first wi at SW and also feeling aprehensive.Hope u all have had a good day,chat soon xxxx

Big ((((hugs)))) Jazzy. And you didn't stoop to her level. Congratulations. It would have been very easy to say something in reply.

Roch
Enjoy your 'me' time.
Irene xx

Hi Isobel
I am absolutely fine. Not stressed at all even though was at the hospital with mam yesterday.
I am in control.
Irene xx

What an afternoon! Mad rush to doctors with daughter (3) who stepped on wasp that then stung her and got stuck! Never had to struggle to get out a sting whilst holding down 3 yr old screaming in my ear! Anyway, got sting out cleaned it up only for her foot to swell loads hence mad rush......By the time we got to doctors foot was huge and turning purple! Decided to have a look while waiting and saw more sting stuck so gave it another squeeze. DD screamed other patients looked at me like I was murdering her! Rest of wasps butt came out and foot started to go pink. A nurse in the making!!! Now DD fast asleep with sticker for being brave! Will be joining her very soon!
Hope you've all had a great day.
Nite all zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Kamilla xx

Evening all :)

Kam - Oh the poor little mite!! Lucky she has such a level headed mum.
I remember when my Liz was stung in the mouth by a wasp when she was a baby (we were on holiday in Cornwall) - her poor mouth swelled right up so I took her to a doctor ... had to fill in stupid temporary patient forms etc. And his response?
He rocked back on two legs of his chair, clasped his hands behind his head and said, "My dear, children have been stung by wasps for thousands of years: what do you expect me to do about it?" :eek:
Sent me away after telling me to get some calpol!!

Hope your little one feels better tomorrow: I was stung on the bum by a wasp once and it bloody hurts!!!

Jazzy - What a mean, nasty old witch you had the misfortune of encountering in the doctor's today!! How horrible of her to demean someone else: nobody has the right to make someone else feel so bad about themselves.
Try to dismiss her comment as so crass it's laughable (and who gives a shiny sh*te what she thinks anyway) then you can put her worthless opinion where it belongs ... in the great big rubbish bin of life!
PS
Well done for not turning to food for comfort - you'd have found NO comfort there!

Roch - Glad your son has arrived safely and is starting his experience of a lifetime. How's the diet going? Did I read somewhere that it's your weigh-in tomorrow? Fingers crossed for you! :)

Irene - Sending big hugs and positive vibes your way: you are such a trooper!!

Everyone else .... a big wemitt hug to you all!

I had a bit of a boring day today. Probably the most exciting part was having to scrape dog poo off my youngest daughter's chunky bike tyres!! :(

I had a call from my 15 year old step-daughter in the afternoon asking me if I'd pick her up and take her to the doctor's because there was nobody else who could do it (her mother was there but the waster has never learned how to drive .... or book a taxi by the looks of it! :mad: ) So I organised someone to sit with Sophie and my niece and went round to my step-daughter's house, picked her up, drove her to the doctors - which is back near my house - only to find she hadn't actually BOOKED an appointment and the triage nurse wasn't in for another hour and a half (counting to 10 by this point). I suggested that she sit round my house til the nurse arrived but no - she said she'll come back tomorrow so could I drive her home. AAAAARGGGGG!!!!!

Oh well ... there's always tomorrow!!

Thank you for all of your kind words, it really means a lot. I should have posted about it sooner but I was so upset. I should have known all the wonderful Wemitts would have got me through it. But I am feeling much better about the situation now and know that I am doing something about my problem... I don't think there is much that she can do about her personality/attitude.

Thank you agan everyone, it is really appreciated.

Jazzy x

Debbie, What a lovely step mum you are. Sounds like it was a complete nightmare, that's teenagers for you! You must have the patients of a saint :D

Kamilla, I hope your daughter is feeling better today, poor little mite. Hope your day goes more smoothly today.

Roch, good luck with your weigh in tonight.

I have just got in from a night shift and spent 8 hours redesigning one of our boards at the request of the management. i just know though that when I get back in tonight the day staff won't like the changes and it will all have been changed back again. What a waste of eight hours! Oh well, never mind. It passed the time.

I'm off to bed now so night all and I hope everyone has a great, water glugging day.

Jazzy xx

Pleased to report daughter slept through! Foot is still swollen and shes hobbling on it but she's much happier today.:)
Jazzy...OMG what a horrid woman! :mad:
Debbie...your a star! Hope you don't have to collect and drop step daughter today :mad:. Oh and cheeky doctor on holiday! Have to say mine was very good, Ithink as I have one child who reacts really badly to stings and ended up in hospital last time for a week. So better to be safe than sorry!
My Dad's birthday tomorrow so mad rush around looking for presaent today...not like me to leave it so late but been abit skint :(
Then off to cinema with kids to see Cars.
Must remember to drink water today :eek: keep forgetting! And then last thing at night I remember and start glugging not a good thing as up oin the loo loads in the night!
Hope you all have a really lovely day!
Kamilla x

Happy Birthday Irene!

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Irene!
Happy Birthday to you!

Love
Anja xxx

Happy Birthday Irene - hope you are having an absolutely brilliant day. Hope your Mum is okay.

Jazzy, what a mean old crow, I think you showed great reserve not to say something to her, your a better lady than me, some people have no manners.

Kam, you seem to be having a fair old time of it at the moment. >Big Hug<

Back