General: Week starting Mon 7th August

Congratulations Jazzy on a great weight loss.

And Cat is trying to fit in as many hours working before going to college in September and she is also dog sitting for a week as my son and his family have gone to Dublin for a week.

Hi to all Wemitts

Irene xx

Hi everyone

Roch, what a fantastic loss, you must be thrilled to ya knickers.

Anja, hope you are having a better day to day, you have come so far with your losses todate, I know for sure, if anyone hits goal on the WeMITTS it will be you.

Debbie, never had kids myself and would have loved them but thats a another topic completely. I am sure that you have both thought it through and made the right decision for both of you - its just one of those niggily chatterbox things that we all get we have made and committed to an important decision. Plus iIf you do change your minds, I am sure the snip can be reversed anyway can't it. Sounds like you have big plans for the future to look forward to as well. What a bonus your hubby losing weight as well, I am sure he feels better for it. It also shows that you are making healthy choices in the foods you cook for him and so will have no problems maintaining your weight when you get to that stage as it will be so much of a habit by then. Enjoy the piggy back;)

Jazzy well done on your 7 pounds loss, its infurating but also funny how it happens like that when you have done exactly the same the week before.

Ann, hope your holiday plans are not disrupted, have a great time, you are already a trophy wife in your hubbies eyes I am sure.

Kam hope you had a great time at the bunny park - never heard of one of them before.

Had some bad news last night, my sister who is only a couple of years older than me was rushed to hospital with heart problems. They have told her its genetic and put her on Warfuren (sp?), she is hoping to come out today but will have to wait and see (her hubby is stuck in America at the moment, so god knows when he is going to make it back). My father passed away from a massive coronary when he was fifty, about 5 years older than she is now an my Mum keeps going on about it being genetic, but to be honest I had already worked that there were heart problems in the family years ago, you only have to look at how my family have passed away over the years, nearly all have been heart related on both sides and the rest down to breast & ovarian cancer - wonderful family history I have:rolleyes: . Trying not to worry to much, but she has been on my mind all the time.

Hi Barb,
sorry to hear about your sister. It must be a constant and niggling worry for you. If I were you, I'd see your GP. I think there are things they can do nowadays to minimise the risk of developing heart disease when you have a family history of it. Check it out, please, for your own peace of mind. Look after yourself,
xxx

Thanks for the support Mandy & Ann. To be honest I hadn't really thought of going to the GP, I guess I should but will wait and see what more info my sister gets first so I can give the GP the full picture.

At lunchtime I was telling someone here at work about my sis and she just said to me "is that why your losing weight" I felt like saying well yes actually I knew in January that my sister had a heart problem due in August so instead of getting her to the GP I decided to get a jump on losing the weight... Why do people also make asumptions about your weight!! - oh I don't know perhaps I'm feeling a bit sensitive today.

Can't be to mad at her though as she is going to look after my phone so I can leave a bit earlier. Bit miffed that I had to ask her though, I would have made the offer without being asked and have frequently done so - I guess we are all different.

Jelly....hope your sister is ok. As Ann & Barb have already said go see your GP. They are very hot on checking patients with history. I had a full health check last year when my Dad was admitted to hospital suffering from a fast heart beat....158 beats per minute! when should be 70-80! He's on warfrin now like your sister and had this electic treatment to adjust his heart beat which worked. I'm sure you'll be fine but better to be safe than sorry. Plus your doing the best thing you could do for your heart and losing weight.
Sending (((((((((((big hugs))))))))))))))) you way.....xxxx
Oh....Had a wonderful time at the Bunny Park! Jelly.....its just the name we all call it! there are bunnies there but it got its name years ago before I was born! Due to all the wild bunnies that used to run around there. I remember going there as a child and the bunnies would come up to you for food! There were hundreds but people started nicking them and they soon disappeared :( Now there is a mini zoo and insect world. Peacocks walking round even an albino one! Lovely old fashion tea room. Lovely clean non vandalised park.
Hope everyone else is having a good day.
Kamilla xx

Hi everyone,

Barb - I really hope your sister feels much better soon, hopefully the tablets will help quite quickly & her husband should be home soon. Definitely the GP is the best place to go armed with your info! (((HUGS)))

Thank you so much to everyone for their wise words yesterday. I did eat in a controlled manner, a healthy small meal, I did then go to bed & listen to my PMcK CD which may or may not have helped as I fell asleep quite quickly & have no idea if it permeated my subconscious... I have signed up with weightloss resources on their 2lb per week plan so am on 1100 cals with a goal of being 10 stone by 13th October or before (according to their site! I inflated my start weight by 4lbs to provide for glycogen so I'm hoping to get there a bit beforehand.) On a diff note I entered a full 19pt WW menu on there and it came to 1500 cals so no wonder I was barely losing! (Maybe the CD did help as the supermarket shop today was very healthy!)

Thanks again everyone.
(I WILL get to goal but I think maybe Ann & Debbie will beat me as I've been the same weight for about 12 weeks now, I go up a little, down a little etc. NO I'm wrong - it's 19 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just checked I hit 11,13 on 30th March, down to 11,4.5 by 18th May then back to 11,8, then 11,0 on 1st June, up to 11,4 and down again a few times then hit 11,10 my birthday week & back to 11,0 am, 11,4 pm again yesterday! I've been in the 10s 3 times now but then creep back - this time I will go down & down through the 10s! PTBAW)

Love to all
Anja xxx

BLIP CITY!!

Anja...god bless Mr McKenna! :) That I think is what I need to do listen to my CD again and again and again! Haven't for a few days and have had my first major blip and I mean major this evening......
So to my blip confession.....2 slices of toast with butter and OMG a packet of crisps! Carb city :mad: :( Haven't had a pkt of crisps for 9 months! so not pleased with myself....I'd been buying ones I hate for the kids you now skips, quavers etc...but there were some walkers in the cupboard and I ate them didn't even enjoy them:mad: Toast...well always my downfall but it wasn't even that nice either (brown bread...yuk) and I've decideed I hate butter! so why????? I've been so good this week (not quite as much water as I'd like) prob my best week in months.
Helpppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!
OMG I'm so hacked off with myself so going to take myself off to bed away from anymore temptation!
Nite all.
Kamilla xx

Hi everyone
Just called in to say hello and see how you're all doing.

Anja - It's great to hear you're feeling a bit better today. See how you can minimise the guilt by staying in control: what you ate, you ALLOWED yourself to eat - no guilt needed there!

Jelly - Sorry to hear about your sis ... hope she's on the road to recovery. Warferin (sp?) is very effective and I'm sure she'll be feeling much better soon.

Kam - Sounds like you had a lovely time in Bunny Park! I hope it DID get its name from the little furry creatures and not because it was the favourite haunt of courting couples!! ;)
Don't go into a tailspin over your blip. Out of every negative a positive CAN emerge ... so you discovered that the things you ate didn't turn out to be all you'd hoped for! The butter was probably too greasy for your palate and the crisps ... well, they're not exactly the things taste-bud dreams are made of are they! So you negotiated a learning curve - a lot of what we REMEMBERED as yummy food in the past wasn't that fantastic after all!
So don't feel too bad - it was a positive experience!

It was a bit of a 'nothing' day today. Took Sophie to the dentist this morning and started ploughing my way through my big clothes and putting them on Ebay in the afternoon. It's going to take ages to list them all but I could do with the pennies so I'll persevere!
I sold three things within the first few hours: I think 'plus sizes' are particularly popular. Keep your fingers corssed that I sell most of my stuff: the way I'm shrinking I'm going to need the dosh to make regular wardrobe adjustments!

LOL Debbie! Nope the Bunny Park was def named after all the bunnies! I remember seeing them as a child don't think I took too much notice of romping couples! :eek:
Thanks for you words of wisdom as ever always there to say the right thing!
Totally bunged up at the moment so last night I thought I'd take something to get me moving! OMG I think I was in la la land! took 2 dulolax about 9pm fine no problem there but then stayed up chatting to DH for ages then just as I was getting into bed I thought OMG I must take some dulolax. So went and took another 2! DH said but you already took some earlier.:eek: Oh SH*T I said. But it was too late I'd already taken them. Hence one very tired lady this morning as up loads in the night running to and from the loo. Sweats and tummy cramps ++++ :(. Loads on today so can't just crawl back to bed with my hot water bottle :( So its the water for me don't even think I can face a pack. My chatterbox is telling me that what you get for geting all those carbs yesterday....maybe its right. Got to go loo calling..........
Oh before I rush off.....Ann & Mike have a fantastic time in Italy! Ann you enjoy every minute of the flight out there keep putting that tray up and down! just because you can! xx
Kamilla x

You have my sympathy Kam. When I was first on CD, I became terribly 'bunged up' and tried the Dulcolax perles like someone suggested. I just 'skimmed over' the instrucitons and read 'Adults: 4 before bed' and so popped them (they're only tiny anyway aren't they). Little did I know that if I'd read the instructions more fully, that dosage is for people who have to evacuate fully before surgery .... Anyway, the next morning, I felt the rumblings like an impending thunder storm and by the time I'd scampered to the loo, they were reaching 8 on the Richter scale!!
Hot sweats, stomach cramps and three traumatic minutes later, I emerged pale as a sheet and feeling like I'd been turned inside out in some freakish experiment!!
<shudders with the memory!!>
Thank god for psyllium husks!!

I was dabbling on Ebay last night and have put bids on two swimsuits. One is just a cheapie at £5 but the other is one of those 'Miracle suits' (don't know if you've heard of them). They cost around £100 usually and apparantly hold your tummy in better than any other cossie.
This one is brand new and I've put in a bid of £40 (gasp!! But if it does what it says it does then it'll be worth it!)

So fingers crossed!

I wanted to put this on a separate post .....

BON VOYAGE ANN & MICHAEL!!

Have a wonderful time in Tuscany
:D :D :D

Thanks so much for your good wishes Debbie. Irene and everyone else. The way we WeMitts care about eachother, in good times as well as difficult times, really touches me, and I appreciate it very much.
In the end I had to go and buy a new lightweight suitcase so that what would have been hand luggage could fit in, and still remain inside the 20k weight restriction. Don't you think it's odd that I have lost very nearly 60k, and the total of mine and Michael's luggage allowance is 40k - and it's HEAVY! My heart goes out to all people who feel as I did about travel, and flying in particular, the feelings I had will always be with me, and I promise my fellow WeMitts here and now that I will NEVER take my new lighter weight for granted. I know I have to work to keep hold of it - and I still have some to lose.
Post often while I am away, so I have lots to read when I get back (or if I find net access in Italy) - don't think the laptop is coming with us.
Take care and stay strong, xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Ann....have a lovely time I'm so envious I really need a hoilday! A weekend away with the Cubs in October will be my holiday this year! OMG and of course the Nov Wemitt meet! But abit of sunshine would be lovely! Blimey thats amzing that you've lost more than your luggage weighs! :eek: thats truly amazing.

Debbie....glad you know how I feel! And I feel cr*p! :( Swimming costumes sound great. I never thought about lookig on ebay for one great idea. I need a new one as went swimming last week with kids. Just grabbed a costume and didn't realise until we got to the pool that it was a size 28!! still swam in it but had to tie knots in the straps so it didn't fall down but I did get some looks! DH as told me to throw it away! but I think I'll stick it on ebay! I got a tankini last year for our hols which was a tan through one...I think Sharon got one. It was fab! and also held me in loads. Happy swimming!

One shake and 4 litres down today so far. Was going to pop out Matalan sale calling.....but think I need to stay near a loo!

Kamilla x

BON VOYAGE ANN & MICHAEL!!

Have a wonderful time in Tuscany
:D :D :D

Enjoy

It is one of the places I would love to go too!

Hi
Quick update as I am chuffed to tiny bits - back in the 10s. Only 10,13 but still very pleased as I am eating. I SSed last week for 6 days and lost 6lbs between Thursday evening weigh-ins. Have now gone on to WLR at 1100 cals and feel able to lose the last 2 stone. Didn't regain any weight at all glycogen-wise, just continued going down so very, very happy.

Next target 9,13; I haven't been in single figures since I was 16 so 12 years ago!

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend & Ann & Michael are having a great holiday!

Love xxx

Back