General: Week starting Mon 7th August

I am such a der brain,getting mixed up today, not concentrating very well,have changed the post lol.
Have been glued to the news about the terroist attack and thanked god that my son left heathrow airport early yesterday morning and arrived in kenya last night safe and sound.

{{{{{{{{Jazzy}}}}}}}} what a complete ***** that woman was - well she'll get her bad karma back on her tenfold :D

You on the other hand were a perfect lady and didn't retaliate - good for the BP as well - and you didn't eat to comfort yourself so your karma will increase :D

{{{{{{{{Kam}}}}}}}} Hope your babies foot is OK soon. I remember trodding on a wasp as an adult and I screamed so can only begin to imagine how much it hurt the poor love. Give her a hug from me xxxxx

{{{{{{{{Debbie}}}}}}}} well done on keeping calm with the SD - just imagine what it must be like having such a useless mother! ;) :D

{{{{{{{{Roch}}}}}}}} try and enjoy your ME time and not worry so much - I bet he'll have a great time and come back with enough stories to write a book :)

I lost 6lbs this week so am quite pleased - wish it had been more for a restart but I'd been cutting down carbs for over a week. No other news here really xxxxx

Helloooooooo WeMITTs!

Seems ages since I've had the chance to pop in and catch up with you all but I hope you're all feeling great and doing well with your diets :)

I went away at the weekend and had a great time with good friends and great music. I ate (fairly sensibly) and drank (erm .. not so sensibly) while I was away and came back to a 3 lbs gain. Two days of sole sourcing later and that's now gone .. plus another 1 lb for good measure! Hurrah!! :D I needed the kick-start actually as I'd only lost 2 lbs a week for the past 3 weeks .. it certainly seems to slow down the nearer to target you get! :(

Roch - glad to know that Aaron arrived safely. Hope he has a wonderful time! How are you getting on with SW, honey?

Jazzy - lots of love to you, what a horrible thing to have happened and you did the right thing by coming here for support xx

Kam - great to talk to you last week, a lovely surprise! :)
I hope Sophie's feeling a lot better now.

Debbie - I posted it elsewhere, but HUGE congrats for getting into the 13s! I really am so proud of you - you're amazing!!

Mrs T, Anja, Ann, Victoria et al - I can't see your most recent posts from here but I think about you loads and send lots of love to all.

Last (but never least) HAPPY BIRTHDAY IRENE!!! (Was I the first one to send you a 'happy birthday' text this morning by the way? *lol*)

Take care all - bye for now!

Brightness well done on your 6 pounds loss should should be really pleased with that, it would take you 3+ weeks on WW to shift that.

Sharon, hope you enjoyed your trip, sounds like you did. Well done on shifting the bit of weight you put on and some more as a bonus.

I am having a bad craving couple of days, I haven't cheated but I felt hungry all day yesterday and again today so must dig out the ketosis sticks and see if I am still okay, athough don't see why I wouldn't be. I don't normally do my AAM's but seriously thinking of doing one next week or at least for a couple of days, hopefully it will kick start me back into decent amounts of losses as well.

Hi Barbara,

I know exactly what you mean. I'm struggling so badly today with temptation that I don't want to go home.:( I truly don't understand how I can so want to do this and so want to sabotage myself all at the same time. I've done 6 days straight, gone into ketosis again and yet the urges are making me desperate & ready to cry. I was looking forward to SSing while on my own at home but now I know what I'm like and I'm worrying about going home & filling my face with no-one to see me! I promised to be 10 stone by the end of the summer holidays and I don't think I can do it. I'm not happy to stop yet but I don't seem able to do this no matter how hard I try. I haven't killed the diet yet but I don't know how much longer I can hold out. I feel like a jumper standing at the top of a building teetering. I've done the bath, staying upstairs, coming on here, everything... I can't think what else; trying to read or work etc. the chatterbox creeps in on my thoughts with food, I realise I've read the same page over & over again. I'm putting off my essay as I can't concentrate and don't want to do a half-arsed job! I don't know what to do.

Sorry for my desperation; I simultaneously feel useless & ashamed for putting my downer on this thread.

:(:(:(:mad::(:mad::(

Bless you, Anja, it's distressing to hear you feeling so desparate and unhappy. Don't ask too much of yourself. You know you CAN do it, but perhaps the time is not right. I can remember how difficult it was for you before when your mum was away, but at least your brother is not there now.
If you're going to eat - PLAN IT. Decide what you're going to have and stick to it. Sorry I can't be of more help - I'd really like to give you a hug.
Take care

Over a stone! Well done Roch - that is nothing short of fantastic, you must be thrilled! So pleased for you. Anya, really worried about you, I think you should decide what you really fancy, and have it. Don't mess about eating 'good' things, have what you want and move on. Give yourself permission and it will not seem such a big deal. Good luck. Hugs

Hi wemitts

Roch - WOW! A huge well done on such a fantastic result! That must have given you such a boost! Good luck with this coming week: I'm sure you'll do great!

Anja - Big hugs coming your way. It must be tough trying to pull some motivation out of thin air when you know you already look fine but just want to do that final mile to get to goal. Those chatterboxes must be going thirteen to the dozen trying to undermine your efforts but you really CAN do this you know.
You might just have to box clever though: if there's an obstacle you can't climb over, then go around instead! I think Ann's suggestion is very sound. Don't hold out and hold out on SS then in a mad fit, eat for England because it will be UNCONTROLLED eating and we all know where that leads!
Instead, why not have 2 packs and plan a really tasty evening meal - one that won't wreck your efforts but will appease those chatterboxes! I'm really glad you were able to share your feelings with us - better that than bottle it up and then explode in a mad binge at home! Stay strong - we're all here for you. xx

Brightness - Well done on your 6lb loss! ALmost half a stone in a week - that's fab!! As you said, you'd been low carbing beforehand so the chances are only a small proportion of the weight you lost was glycogen: the rest was pure fat!!

Jellybabe - Dig deep and resist those cravings!! You're doing so well and I know you have what it takes to make this work!

Steve and me went to the doctors a bit earlier as we've talked it over and decided it would be the best thing for Steve to have 'the snip'. My mirena (hormone) coil has run out and I really don't want it replaced as I've had one in for 10 years now. Also, the last doctor to do it was a rank amateur ... he took half an hour to insert it and I was in agony. I have a worse memory of that than giving birth!!

There was no problem with Steve being referred and the GP did all the paperwork but oddly enough, when we left the surgery, I felt a wave of sadness sweep over me. I know we really shouldn't have any more kids and in reality I don't WANT any more but there's still a part of me that thinks wistfully about giving Steve a son but knowing that now, that will never be.

Logically this is the best thing: Sophie is 10, I'm about to go to Uni and have a life of my own, I'm losing weight and everything is changing - I suppose it's just accepting this is the absolute end of a chapter in my life.

I'm glad I have all my wemitt friends here to be able to share my thoughts with. :)

I have some idea about how you feel Debbie. When Michael & I got married, he had a daughter and I had 2 sons. We didn't plan to have a child, but we did nothing to "stop it happening". As time went by, it wasn't meant to be, but there is a part of me that wishes we had a child together. Still, now his daughter has a son, and we also have my late son's lovely daughter so I always believe that things happen how they're supposed to - although it takes some time to accept this sometimes. Maybe we both have to grieve a bit for the child we DIDN'T have. Thinking of you.

As time went by, it wasn't meant to be, but there is a part of me that wishes we had a child together. Maybe we both have to grieve a bit for the child we DIDN'T have.

Ann and Debbie

This isn't something I talk about very often (if at all), but I feel the same way having never had children myself. I often think it just 'wasn't meant to be' and Ian and I have compensated by doing things that we never would have been able to do had we had children.

There are still times when I wonder what any child we'd have had would have been like - and I know we'd have made brilliant parents - but at nearly 50 it's not something I dwell on these days as my child-rearing days are long gone (even if it's still physically possible I imagine).

Lots of love to you both!

Something I forgot to mention ....

When Steve was being checked by the doc, he took his BP, asked his height and weighed him.
Since I've been on CD, Steve has lost a stone - and he's not even dieting!!

I've put it down to the fact that since CD, I've been making Steve a packed lunch every day instead of him having a Mc Donalds or chips when he's on the road, also, I cook healthy meals for everyone and he hasn't had a Chinese takeaway since I started (because I can't have them, he WON'T have them - bless!).

Now, he wasn't really overweight to start with. He was at the top end of 12st and is now 11st 10lb and has a BMI of 24.9. So me being on CD has had a beneficial effect on his health too!

The only bummer is that I have to now lose TWO stone to get down to his weight when I thought it was only one!! (I have NEVER weighed less than Steve in our whole 13 years together!)

It'll happen .... and when it does, I've already told him he'll be giving me a piggy back around the garden! :D

Good Morning everyone,

Debbie, LOL at making your husband give you a piggy back. What a pain you now have to go two stone to be lighter than your husband but I just know that you will set this as another mini goal and will use it to fuel your determination

Anja, (((hugs))) for you. I know that you'll make a decision that feels right for you. I have no wise words of wisdom but reading the advice that has already been given, it seems like the right way to go.

Had my weigh in last night and lost 7lbs, don't know what happened there. Didn't do anything different. Can only put it down to the fact that this is the week following my AAM week. But I'm not complaining.... :D This puts me almost slap bang in the middle of getting to my initial target. Hopefully will break through this next week. I am so excited, it feels like I've got to the top of the mountain and I am now making my way down the other side. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed since starting in the middle of March. Here's hoping the other half passes by just as quickly.

Hi to all other Wemitts and hope you all have a great day.

Jazzy xx

Morning Ladies.....(and of course any gents that are hanging around)!
Roch....OMG well done on that fantastic weight loss! Your son won't reconise you when he comes home at this rate!
Debbie....(((((BIG HUG)))))I know how you feel about it being so final Steve having the snip :(. Andy had his when Sophie was only 4 weeks old :(. Which with hindsight was to soon after me giving birth. But he was so worried about me when I had her he never wanted me to go through that again...birth was amazing! 35 minutes!! but I was seriously ill just after giving birth had a feeling I was looking down on myself at one stage.....details not for this forum! I always wanted 3 kids he wanted 2 but having Sophie was the icing on the cake :). So even though I got my 3 kids it all seemed so final knowing I can never have anymore if I wanted to.
Jellybabe....stick with it! If I can you can! x
Brightness....well done on that 6lbs off!
Ann....hope 790 is going well, have a wonderful hoilday
Sharon....great to talk the other day
Anja....keep going you've done so well
AKB....well done on becoming a CDC
Texas....must talk soon!!
Irene....wheres Cat? How was your birthday?
Hi to everyone else as well....
Right off out to the Bunny Park with kids, mates and picnic (tetra & water for me)hope rain keeps off looking abit grey!! 1 shake down and 2 litres of H2O! finally managed my 6 litres yesterday! Hit me that I need to lose a stone before the 23rd Sept to fit into my outfit for mates wedding :eek:.
Have a good day all.
Love you all. Kamilla xx
P. S Jazzy....was posting at the same time as you! so back to edit! Well done on that amazing weightloss! Kamilla xxx

Last edited:
Debbie - I know how you feel about being lighter than Steve. I have spent nearly all our married life at least 4 stone heavier than Michael (sometimes 7 stone heavier) but now I am 2 stone LIGHTER than him. It's an amazing feeling.
We have 2 wonderful men here Debbie, they love us whatever our size, but I'm getting vibes from Michael (although he doesn't say it) that he is prouder to be seen out with me - will we turn into "trophy wives" or what !!!!!!!!
Love to everyone.
Flight is still OK for Sunday up to now, but if it's cancelled, it's cancelled, I'm not going to stress about it. Right, going to get hair cut now.
WELL DONE everyone on your brilliant weight losses, I'll be thinking of you all when I'm on holiday. Post often on here so I have loads to read when I get back. (Can't take the laptop now)

Back