General WeMitt thread w/c December 11th

IreneH

Gold Member
I hope we all have a good week.

And i would like to announce that my new skirt is a size 20 with a waistband and a button and not a size 30 with an elasticated waist. My mam would have been so proud of me. But still shopping in Evans.

Irene xx

nowt wrong with evans! I quite like some of their gear. I used to convince myself that I wasn't big enough to shop in there (dunno WHO i was trying to kid lol) and i always bought my clothes elsewhere, 2 sizes too small but always elasticated. how deluded lol! Of course, I got with reality eventually and admitted to myself that i was very fat :eek: . once resigned, i started buying clothes in proper sizes from decent shops (like evans :) )

Anyways, Im sure this week is going to be fab. Today is day 4 for me and I weigh in on friday morning so i cant wait to announce my first weeks loss.

Im really happy to have found this site cos I know I have someone to tell about this stuff now...people who know where Im coming from. As much as I love him, it aint the same when I just get to text my hubby at work lol.

Well done on the weight loss so far irene. 30-20 is such a massive achievement! It'll be topshop and all them skinny shops you are trawling before too long. :D

well done Irene, isn't it exciting trying on new sizes & finding out they fit. i started at a size 24/26 but had stuff in my wardrobe that i bought last year in 20 & 22 & they all fit now which is fantastic, some of the 22's are even a little loose, i'm really looking forward to looking for 18's.
after the rough time you've had recently i'm sure this gave you a little pick me up just when you needed it :)

well done irene, thats a real achievment, youve done amazingly! just wish i had half your commitment!

havent been on here much lately as im finding cd quite difficult to stick to just now and feeling really down about it, i keep thinking aobut throwing in the towel (in the back of my mind tho i know i just cant do that) so i carry on.

got weighed last wed and lost 2lbs, i was extrememly dissapointed with this (why? i was expecting a lot more, which was silly as id been cheating and then that made me feel like such a failure for eating things i shouldnt) anyway i went straight to tesco as id run out of food (im doing CD1000) and i picked up cakes, crisps and more cakes. i ate a box of 5 mini cakes in the car ont he way home. i didnt even enjoy any of them. i found myself sneeking the packet into the bin before i went in the house. then started on the crips (huge bag of kettle chips) really really wasnt enjoying them so they went to dh, then the next box of cakes got started (and chucked as they were rank!) why do i do to myself?

yesterday id had only 1 pack by the time id got to tea time so i was pretty hungry (had loads of water) and ended up getting a choc bar and scoffing that (enjoyed that one) then at work i got one of those duo snickers (511cals ff sake!) and a bag of crisps...i get 15 mins so everything was scoffed so quickly i almost choked.

then today i was doing really well until thoughts of lunch time came into my head and i was thinking what i could have (as if i forgot the only thing i could have was a pack) so i picked up more garbage from the store and now ive eaten all that too.

ive upset myself so much ive got a blotchy face from crying and im so fed up. i just want to be happy and for me to be happy i need to be healthy. im so overweight just now i cant go on like this anymore, yet i keep sabotaging my diet...what the f is wrong with me?!!!!

im keeping a log of all i drink and the packs i have from now on so as not to forget anything and im going tohave my packs at regular times to make sure i have them. apart from that i think im very hormonal just now (nearly totm) and im needing a good kick up the bum!!! i jus twant to be where all you successful people whove gotten to your target weights are, but i keep forgetting that youve all been at my stage too. i keep thinking its so hard for me, look at them theyre there already! how silly is that?! im not the only one battling just now, it just feels like it. oh bl**dy hell ive typed such a big rant! sorry. think ill have a sleep and hope to wake up 140lbs!

vent all you want! get it all out of your system and then move on.

Everyone has a crappy few days and the LAST thing you should do is beat yourself up. getting frustrated and self hating is making you want to eat more so let the guilt go. you are only human and you can start over with some real conviction.

What I did to keep me on the straight and narrow was ask my children to write a list of things that we will be able to do or things that will be better when I am slim. That was my way of making the committment to them (thus making it to myself). Later Im gonna ask my hubby to do the same (no doubt bedroom flexibility will be number 1 on his list lol).

The kids havent finished their lists but a couple of them are:

1. being able to sit on mummys lap properly
  2. being able to fit in mum and dads bed when we have a nightmare or there is a thunder storm because we get squashed and only one of us fits in the bed at a time :eek:
  3. we wont have to think about mum dying
theres about 8 on the list, mostly do with more activities but these ones are the ones that hit home most because they show my weight is preventing me from being the mum they really need.

that keeps me going!

i reckon you can find something that u can focus on as well. it aint cos u r a failure or anything like that. u just need to let go of self blame and get your mind fixed on something as a target/motivation

I really hope u stop kicking yourself down because thats doing far more damage than anything else

Well what a manic weekend! All presents brought and wrapped! Bank account very overdrawn! But hey its Christmas!!
Had a small accident on the ice on Saturday...now have a wrist splint and appointment at fracture clinic tomorrow! Fingers crossed please everyone that I don't end up in plaster for Xmas! Apart from the fact if I do it'll make my weigh more at my next weigh in!! :eek:

Diet wise its all gone totally to pot over the weekend as I felt I needed something in the comfort food department! But didn't really enjoy that so back on track as of yeaterday morning. Resisted the fry up hubby did for him and the kids.
Thought I'd post on here as no one posts on my thread often.
Irene...thats fab well done your Mam would be proud.
Karen...thats a fab idea doing a list I'm going to have to copy that one...hope you don't mind
Lizzie...chin up. I'm struggling too with all the temptations of Xmas.
Pandora...Hi!
X

Lizzie,
You are only human, I too had a bit of a blip at the weekend, I feel absolutely disgusted with myself but now feel stronger, Iv yet to find out what my blip has resulted in as its weigh in tomo. Put your bad day behind you and start afresh just like I have.
Best wishes, sonkie x

I hope we all have a good week.

And i would like to announce that my new skirt is a size 20 with a waistband and a button and not a size 30 with an elasticated waist. My mam would have been so proud of me. But still shopping in Evans.

Irene xx

Hi Irene what a fantastic achievement,

think of it this way...you are exactly 1/2 way to a size 10!!!!

Well done x

sonkie, carbaddict, Karen thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. ive since realised that its taken me 13 years to put on the last 8 stone and im beating myself up something stupid to lose it all overnight! I just CANNOT change overnight, i must ease up and try to change slowly. ive come to the conclusion that ok ive blipped in the last few weeks but its not on half as much as i used to eat. its going to take a lot of time to change the way i eat and think. tomorrow is a new day, thank goodness! take care all, and thanks again xx

Hi guys,

Irene, that's soo fab, I am so pleased for you just think you are half way there now - I remember when we were just starting out on this long journey (not all that many months ago, this time next year you will be well into maintainance)!
Hope you are ok (((HUGS)))

Karen, I bet you'll have done smashingly (is that even a word)? keep us updated on Friday xx

Pandora, well done with the shrinking clothes, it's a great feeling when you get into a smaller size xx

Carb addict, i hope your wrist is better soon hun, ouch! just thinking about it gave me a shiver, (I'm not too good with pain) xx

Hi Sonke and Wecandothis, hope you guys are having a great week. xx

Lizzie, hun STOP beating yourself up! you are only human and you CAN do this, maybe try splitting your packs into 6 meals so that you are getting regular meals? I really admire all you guys who are starting the diet at this time of year, I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you all!

This is not advice I would generally give to anyone, but maybe you need to get your head back into gear and start afresh, maybe take a few days eat whatever you really really crave without feeling guilty or feeling bad or having any recriminations, and at the designated time 3 or 4 days from now put all that to bed and really jump into the diet whole heartedly, If you do decide to do this though, be prepared to be really starting off afresh (as you'd probably put back on the weight you've already lost) not an ideal solution hun, but the diet is hard enough without feeling bad and thinking you've failed all the time, your head really does have to be ready as these diets are mostly a mental challenge rather than hunger (although eating will have put you out of ketosis and so I guess you really have been having the added pressure of hunger too) .
I suppose what I am trying to say is that the longer you go on beating yourself up, falling off the wagon, feeling upset etc the harder the cycle will be to break, you really don't want to be miserable at this time of year, so give yourself the benefit of the doubt, you're not a failure you are human, have you talked it over with your councellor at all hun, I bet she'd have a lot more knowledge, and might help you come to some sort of compromise?

Anyhow enough rambling from me, I am gonna go and do my hot water bottle and get tucked up in bed to watch medium lol

Take care wemitts, and may all your dreams be sweet xx

Hi guys,

Irene, that's soo fab, I am so pleased for you just think you are half way there now - I remember when we were just starting out on this long journey (not all that many months ago, this time next year you will be well into maintainance)!
Hope you are ok (((HUGS)))

Karen, I bet you'll have done smashingly (is that even a word)? keep us updated on Friday xx

Pandora, well done with the shrinking clothes, it's a great feeling when you get into a smaller size xx

Carb addict, i hope your wrist is better soon hun, ouch! just thinking about it gave me a shiver, (I'm not too good with pain) xx

Hi Sonke and Wecandothis, hope you guys are having a great week. xx

Lizzie, hun STOP beating yourself up! you are only human and you CAN do this, maybe try splitting your packs into 6 meals so that you are getting regular meals? I really admire all you guys who are starting the diet at this time of year, I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you all!

This is not advice I would generally give to anyone, but maybe you need to get your head back into gear and start afresh, maybe take a few days eat whatever you really really crave without feeling guilty or feeling bad or having any recriminations, and at the designated time 3 or 4 days from now put all that to bed and really jump into the diet whole heartedly, If you do decide to do this though, be prepared to be really starting off afresh (as you'd probably put back on the weight you've already lost) not an ideal solution hun, but the diet is hard enough without feeling bad and thinking you've failed all the time, your head really does have to be ready as these diets are mostly a mental challenge rather than hunger (although eating will have put you out of ketosis and so I guess you really have been having the added pressure of hunger too) .
I suppose what I am trying to say is that the longer you go on beating yourself up, falling off the wagon, feeling upset etc the harder the cycle will be to break, you really don't want to be miserable at this time of year, so give yourself the benefit of the doubt, you're not a failure you are human, have you talked it over with your councellor at all hun, I bet she'd have a lot more knowledge, and might help you come to some sort of compromise?

Anyhow enough rambling from me, I am gonna go and do my hot water bottle and get tucked up in bed to watch medium lol

Take care wemitts, and may all your dreams be sweet xx

thanks mrs t, i understand what youre saying but feel im best just to start again tomorrow. if i start really eating i know i wont stop and ill end up twice the size i am now. am determined not to put on the 11lbs ive lost so far tho. bty, i didnt realise id be in keto as im on the 1000 cals per day so im having a small meal every day...would i be in keto after all? i do feel ravenous after i eat so that would make sense ! as for talking to my cdc im afraid that shes not that approachable. my meetings last all of 10 mins max - weigh/measure/packs/out the door is the order of the day. she did say i could call her anytime but it was with such a big sigh and vacant look on her face i feel like id be putting her out if i did. anyway, its me whose on the diet and only me who can do it. enough for tonight. tomorrows a new day and im going for it again!

Hi Lizzie

I know how you feel, there were two occasions when I only lost two lbs. I was very unhappy and wondered why I was sacrificing food only lose two measly lbs . I convinced myself that this diet was not working fast enough for me and I would be better off on the Slimming World diet.

But then I stopped beating myself up and thought really hard:
  • I'm losing weight consistently for the first time in 18 months.
  • Food was the problem - I needed to remove that equation.
  • My days and evenings are busy, I don't have to think about what to eat. Otherwise I might get back onto takeaways.
Trust yourself, the diet is working. Even if it's a small weightloss, you are still losing. In weeks to come you will be amazed by the overall total.

Start afresh, you will succeed. Good Luck.

I did Sole Source for 7 months, then 790, thrn 1000, now 1,500 cals. I know this sounds hard to believe but I found 1,000 cals & 1,500 cals are MUCH harder to stick to than either Sole Source or 790. You just get so much more hungry once the carbs etc. are introduced. I don't think I could have stuck to either 1000 or 1500 for the amount of time necessary. For me, the absence of hunger on Sole source made it "doable", and 790 was OK. Then the hard work starts. I STILL struggle with the hungry monsters every evening - and they never bothered me on SS or 790.
Ann x
PS report on my son's diet......1st week 14lbs, 2nd week 10lbs, 3rd week 10lbs......that's 34lbs in 3 weeks.
I'm definitely coming back as a man next time!!!!

Giving 2nd weigh in a huge miss...why? because I have had such an awful week. So much so that I've decided to call this my DAY 1.
Christmas is only around the corner and I have decided to stick with CD! no mince pies for me I've had a gut full already that just made me feel sluggish and not half as energetic as I had been doing CD full time.

Ended up at A & E last night in loads pain with my wrist came away with a flea in my ear!! I was asked why I'd gone there if I had an appointment today already and surely I could have waited until then!! :mad: Yes I will be complaining later! So with a poorly child up half the night and me up looking after her and myself I'm feeling very ratty today!
A good day to re-start!? maybe not but I must do this I need my life before FAT back!I want people to respect me for me instead of thinking I'm 'hard' because I'm FAT! I'm sick of hiding behind this wall of FAT...I WANT TO BE ME!
X

carbaddict, (((HUG))) hope your wrist feels beter soon, what a cheek to reprimand you for seeking help, silly me I always thought thats what we pay our taxes for so that when we NEED nhs help we should get it!! Grrr

Lizzie, I'm so pleased you have decided to stick with it, you have done very well so far and it's still early days so don't be too hard on yourself. What I would suggest is maybe you could follow a lower plan 790? as then you would still be in ketosis despite the small meal and so would feel the benefit of not feeling hungry?

Good luck wth it babe, xx

Hope all you wemitts are ok today, I am suffering as I spent over an hour crying last night (I stupidly decided to watch Jack and Sarah on tv - even though I know it makes me weep buckets) and my eyes are sooo sore today! and I have a massive headache - maybe I should drink an extra litre or two of water to replace the tears lost lol

Catch you all later xx

mrs t - going to ask my cdc about going on to 790 or ss soon, i need to get seriously with it. im far too big to stop just now. toruble is i feel so much better than i did 11lbs ago and so i start to feel i dont need to lose weight as much anymore. going to keep looking in the mirror at every opportunity to remind myself that im not the healthy weight i want to be yet and to spur me on. cdc wed night so not long, cant belive im nearly thro the THIRD week already!

hope your eyes are better soon! i love jack and sarah, its so sad and happy , even more so since i had my babies! take care, xx

carbaddict - hope youre not in too much pain today and that you get better treatment today! poor you xx

Jemax - your post made so much sense to me! i started afresh today, im sticking with it now matter how long it takes. i said before its taken me a long time to think and feel the way i do and i should stop expecting to change overnight!

westhills - defo going to speak with cdc about coming down from 1000 thro 790 then ss as quickly as poss. hopefully ss'ing will be easier for me too. need to keep going till i get my big trousers worn by 2 people aswell!! your son is doing AMAZINGLY WELL!! he must be so chuffed!

take care all xx

Yes he is chuffed, the thing is, he hasn't even got all that much to lose! It's just not fair is it? He's been doing it three weeks, lost nearly two and a half stone, and has only about a stone left to go.
He's having "a break" at Christmas and as theres no chance of him sticking to any programme or of him avoiding alcohol my guess is that he's going to put some on, but he does do a lot of excercise so it might not be too bad. I won't be here to supervise, so unless he comes out to Spain for a while, I won't see him from Dec18th - Jan 11th. He's got all the information about AAM 790 & 1000, and I've explained everything, so it's up to him. He's very determined to "find his own way". He's even buying a new cooker!
Good Luck with your CDC Lizzie.
Ann

Lizzie, I totally understand about feeling better after a good loss and then maybe losing focus, but hun I really want you to succeed at this, by next Christmas you could be sashaying around in size 10s and feeling fantastic! Just imagine how that will feel,:eek:
I don't want you to get to the point where I was, I think having a good look in the mirror each day is good practice, I didn't have any full length mirrors in my house (on purpose) and totally denied how I looked for years until lo and behold over 30 stones later with very bad health and major depression I finally woke up to myself! I don't want anyone else to ever experience that!

You can do this hun and you will feel soooo great as the months pass by with each stone lost, Imagine if you feel better after 11lbs lost how great you will feel after losing 2..3..4..stones etc I can't wait to read your posts as you get to each goal.

Anyhow I am rambling now so i think it's time for a coffee break lol Take care hun xx

Ann, your son is going great guns, it probably helps to have a fab cdc in the family!
Men are lucky so and sos aren't they, *typical*!
hope you have a lovely relaxing Christmas xx

Back