Getting back in zone, to loose for good!!

Morning

Food for today, Red 10 syns

• Brekkie - Banana and Iced Latte (HEA)
  • Snack -Necterine and Alpen Light bar (1/2 HEB)
  • Lunch - Prawns, salad and small w/meal roll (HEB)
  • Quavers - 4.5 syns and fruit pack
  • Dinner - 2 salmon steaks in teryaki sauce (free), spinach and green beans
  • Iced Latte (HEA) and Alpen Light Bar (1/2 HEB)
  • snack time out bar - 5syns
Thats 9.5 syns again, so will leave it there. Swimming and gym tonight as well and have pedometer on, so will update steps and lengths later x

Morning T. You consultant could be right. Maybe break it down into mini targets that are easy 2 manage. Rather then putting yourself under pressure to loose pounds, look at inches instead. Exercise by toneing and walking a bit more and then with the diet, take it day to day? I've forgotten my lead for my laptop in school so have my mobile, but takes ages putting messages on here, lol. Weigh in this morn, lost 2lb. So need 2 up the anti more this week to get 3lb off next week. Or it'll have to be a week of cd next week. So fingers crossed. Will update food and steps later. X

Well done on your 2lb you are doing so well. I will have my fingers crossed for you that you get your 3lbs off next week, you deserve it :clap:

You have such lovely sounding meals nikki!

One of these day's I'm going to cook something yummy instead of the usual stuff that I cook. You really are an inspriational cooker.

Hope you have a great week :)

Thanks Rosie.. I love cooking and know that if I do the same thing, I get bored very quickly, which is why I love SW and this Furum too, there are so many recipes and now we know the basics, we can tweak other recipes too, to make them sw style.

I cooked my spinach too long yesterday and it went all slimey :(, lol.. so ended up with a mush on my plate but the teryaki salmon steaks were yumm :D. So at least I had a good protein meal before the gym.

Spent 15 mins on treadmill, which gave me 120 cals burned, then did toning exercises, sit ups, legs and small hand helt weights for my arms, then swam 24 lengths :). Felt great after all that, but walked back to the car in the car park feeling like lead, lol.

I'm back to my night job tonight and then tomorrow and Sunday too, so that will be testing as they always have a fridge full of cake and chocs. Will try my very best, though ;).

I am definately doing a Fish Week next week, it can't harm and its healthy too, so I have this planned:

1. Prawn and Muscles with pasta for Tuesday(EE),
  2. Salmon Steaks with stir fry for Wed (Red),
  3. Fish pie made with swede/carrot mash (r) for Thurs,
  4. Prawn curry and Jacket (r)) for Friday
  5. Tuna Pasta Bake (EE) for Saturday
  6. Salmon fish cakes and wedges with salad for Sunday(R),
With re to my lunches, I am cooking rice to have with prawns (Tues), mackerel salad (Wed), Tuna salad(Thurs), Mixed shellfish salad(Fri), Smoked Salmon and cheese salad with pineapple (Fri).
Will work out the weekends lunches later.. but that works out to 2 EE days and the rest Red.
With that plan above, need to do a good shop in somewhere like Lidl to get the fish cheaper me thinks, as Tesco can be expensive.

Red Day today and 10 syns
  • Brekkie - Iced Latte (HEA) and Banana
  • snack - Alpen Bar Light (1/2 HEB) and apple
  • Lunch - Tuna salad with w/meal roll (HEB)
  • Snack - Iced Latte (HEA) and Alpen BAr Light (1/25 HEB)
  • Dinner - 2 pork steaks with cajun seasoning and roasted veg
  • Desert - NY Mullerlight Yogurt (1syn)
  • Snacks - Quavers (4.5) and shapers strawberry nougat bar (4.5).
Thats exactly 10 syns, no exercise today as studying all day and working too.

Last edited:
Wow Eternal you are so organised - I keep telling myself that I will be more organised and plan my meals for the week in advance - but it just never works - I have to admit that I love cooking to an extent - but prefer to make cakes and bakes - will be baking my son's 2nd birthday cake next week as he will be 2 on monday 26th so it will be a special chocolate cake covered in chocolate - along with some buns and other such of party foods - I'll be saving all my treats for after WI though :) :D

Hope you have a great weekend and that you don't work too hard!

Thanks Rosie

I think I got motivated to plan with reading Capricorns Diary. I know if I Plan, I stick to it, its just not planning where I go off track. REally want to give the fish diet a go, MLM has already lost 2lb since she started doing it 2 days ago. So more motivation for that plan of action.

Love chocolate cake, and can't remember when I had some last. You are a great mum baking cakes, hope your son has a lovely birthday.

My line manager at work last night hasn't seen me for 6 weeks and said he'd noticed the amount of weight i'd lost, when I said it was just over a stone, he said it looked more, maybe thats inches lost that the lb's haven't come off! Nice feeling to have someone compliment you isnt it?
Ok todays food.. EE day 10 syns
  • Brekkie - Iced Latte(HEA) and banana
  • W/meal roll (HEB), ham and cucumber and quavers (4.5)
  • Snack - Necterine
  • Dinner - Pasta, 2 ww sausages (1syn), corgette, orange pepper, musrooms, passata and spices.
  • Desert - m/light yogurt, fruit pack
  • Alpen Light Bar (3.5)
thats 9 syns today

Hi, Just had a look at this fishy week, it sounds to good to be true, so will def be having a go at it, will start on Monday, due to already got food in for sundays meal, Roast chicken yummy!!

Hope your keeping on track and all is well, take care!

Last edited:
Wow, this is later then I have ever updated my diary. ok, work is heavey now its only a week before the school holidays start and I am up to my eys in paperwork and children. But all positive stuff happening for them.

Food wise yesterday:
Sunday 10 syns Red
Brekkie - Banana and iced latte (hea)
Lunch - Wholemeal roll and ham (heb), carrots and cucumber battons, quavers (4.5)
Dinner - felt emotional last night so hardly ate, cucumber, carrotts and 2 alpen lights.

Did 7000 steps, played rounders and drank lots of water :)

Todays food, WI, so not eating much til after WI this eve:
Red - 10 syns

Brekkie - Banana and cup of tea
Lunch sandwich and water (2 x HEB) Salmon and cucumber
Dinner ? not sure yet, will eat after WI at 7pm, then off to Aqua Aerobics at 8.30pm. x

Good luck Nikki, will pop in tomorrow and see how you have been, I managed 2 off today :)

Way to go Nikki :).. I do similar, got 2.5lb off :). Went to Aqua Aerobics straight after WI last night, so wasn't tempted to treat myself as I usually do.. So here goes the fish week now:

Day 1 Red Day
  • Brekkie - banana and Iced Latte (HEA)
  • Snack - Alpen Light
  • Lunch - Prawns, cucumber wholemeal roll (HEB) 1tbsp ex light h/mans mayo (1/2 syn)
  • Fruit pack
  • Iced Latte (HEA)
  • Dinner - 2 salmon fillets and salad, mullerlight yogurt
  • Snacks-Alpen Light (1/2 HEB), time out single snack bar (5). Necterine
Swimming lengths: 20 and gym - 16 mins on treadmill (135 cals) and toning exercises and sit ups. steps:9000

Thats 5.5 syns today, away on Saturday til sunday, so saving some syns for a few vodka and diet cokes while there. :)

Last edited:
Thought I'd post while I could, as in school this morning and inbetween appointments, so making the most of it ;).

Fish day is going well, EE day today - 10 syns and 5 carried over from yesterday for the weekend:

• Brekkie - Banana and iced latte (hea)
  • Snack - Alpen Light
  • Lunch - 50g Mackerela (2 syns) and king prawn salad, necterine.
  • Mullerlight vanilla yogurt, 2 oranges
  • Dinner - King Prawn and muscle's, with pasta, passata, chilli, lemon and peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
  • Alpen Light, strawberries and small butterkiss popcorn (5.5)
Thats 7.5 syns, will carry 2.5 over for the weekend, so thats 7.5 to carry over inc 5 from yesterday. :D

Hey Nikki
How you doing hun - meals look great, how are you finding doing the fishy week - I've decided after my STS last week to do fish for my main meal - not for lunch just tea. Am doing ok at the moment.
Hope you're week doesn't get too busy :)

Morning :)

Thanks Rosie and Choc Button. I am getting by on Fish week, needs thinking about much more the a normal Red or EE day, but almost at the end of the mid week now and weekends is always easier. Am going away this weekend, just Saturday - Sunday and staying at a friends.

Im a little worried, as she said that she will cook us all bacon sandwiches when we arrive :(. So gonna make up a tuna and salad roll and take that with me in a cool bag, with some fruit. Can have that before I arrive and say i've already eaten a huge breakfast and can't possible manage lunch, lol.. Don't want to put anyone to any bother, so that seems the safest bet really. Then we are out in the eve for a meal, to a kind of TGI's, so will try and order fish with a jacket and side salad, and do EE that day.Sunday we are coming back, so that will be easier to do, will stop at Tesco on the way home and buy some Sushi and mixed seafood.

Was very happy with myself yesterday, went to Lakeside (shopping centre) with my son to buy some clothes for the hols, and made myself Linguine and seafood, with chilli, passatta and lemon sauce with roasted peppers and mushrooms before I went :). So glad I did, as my son wanted KFC and I was so full, that sat there and happily had a diet coke. Then off to the cinema after and bought my alpen bar light with me, and a small pack of butterkiss popcorn (6) and popped into M & S, and got a fruit pack and a bottle of diet coke. Son was happy as bought him chocolate. But didn't feel the need to want to have more, as i usually do in the cinema as what I had was sufficient and the popcorn really did it for me :).

Ok, Red day and 10 syns, carried over 2.5 from yest and 5 from day before, so 7.5 to add towards my night out on Saturday so I can have a few vodka's and diet cokes.

• Brekkie - Banana with Iced Latte (HEA)

• snack - Alpen Light Bar (1/2 HEB)

• Lunch - Tuna 2tbsp ex light h/mans mayo (1 syn), w/meal roll (heb), cucumber and 1 50g smoked mackeral fillet (2syns). Fruit pack.

• Snack - Iced Latte and 2 satsumas (think thats what they area, lol)

• Dinner - 2 x Marinaded Salmon Fillets, with soy sauce and lemon juice, and 6 king prawns, baked in foil with salad
Desert - Muller light Yogurt, Alpen Light.

Thats 3 syns, saving the rest for Saturday eve. Plus 7.5 carried over from yest and Wed, thats now 10 extra for Saturday night :) x

Hiya hun

Good call on having tea before you went out - don't know how you sat with your son while he was having KFC and you were having a diet coke!!! I so couldn't do that!! You have got so much will power. :)
Sounds like your week is going well - good call on taking a roll with you to your friends - means you at least know what you will be eating. :)
Good luck on the rest of fish week - I'm still doing it at the moment, although struggling a bit at the moment but am sure I can do 2/3 more days.
Have a good day tomorrow hun xx

Back