Getting my mojo back!

Ugh. Running for the train with all this excess baggage was NOT fun! Mental note to self. Also mourning (temporary) loss of thigh gap. Grump. It can only get better from here on in! Stuck to plan 100% so far: three packs, loads of water and two black coffees. One more pack to go then day 1 is done!

And my first Zumba class! Can hardly squeeze into my exercise kit. Ugh.

Last edited:
I went to Zumba and it was awesome!! Just feel so happy and exhilarated and positive again. Yay! Definitely going again next week. Day 1 almost done :)

I went to Zumba and it was awesome!! Just feel so happy and exhilarated and positive again. Yay! Definitely going again next week. Day 1 almost done :)

Omg Zumba on day 1 you are on fire!!! Yay well done!!!! Roll on day 2 ;) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hanging in there - just. Been grumpy most of the day! Have stuck to plan 100% though, as I know it's just the pre-ketosis grumps and I just need to stick with it. Grump grump grump. Bah.

Plan is to go for a swim tomorrow morning before work. Just got all my stuff out ready. No excuses! Just do it! (as they say)

Day three about to begin! Slept really badly last night because of being back at work, but apart from work issues am pretty positive. Off for my 1.5 hr drive/commute (can't wait til next year when we're due to relocate to central London) and then swim - then work and then it's the weekend! And hopefully I'll be in ketosis by tomorrow. Here's hoping. I feel a bit better physically today than I have in ages so it may be on the way...

I've been for my swim (smug face). I totally ROCK! :D (No false modesty here, no sirree. Spent WAY too long over the years beating myself up over being "fat" and "useless" etc etc. No more! I chose to eat loads of carbs in November and December - and promised myself I'd sort it out in Jan/Feb - which I AM doing!! yay!)

(Anyone notice a slight improvement in my mood whenever I've done some exercise?! :rolleyes:)

wahooooo you deserve that smug face!!!! well done you!!!!! xxx

Wobbling this evening (and not just my flab!) but will NOT give in. Am hoping ketosis comes soon...

Wobbling this evening (and not just my flab!) but will NOT give in. Am hoping ketosis comes soon...

Same. It's fri night and OH is out my body automatically wants to go and raid the fridge and cupboards. Head is giving my body a telling off and a nice big glass of water. Time for tea now though I think!!! Stay strong :) xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for the support - much appreciated!

Can't sleep. Am hoping this means ketosis is on its way...

Anyone remember when this gets easier, exactly? Having a tough afternoon! Managing - but very snappy :mad: oops

Ugh. Running for the train with all this excess baggage was NOT fun! Mental note to self. Also mourning (temporary) loss of thigh gap. Grump. It can only get better from here on in! Stuck to plan 100% so far: three packs, loads of water and two black coffees. One more pack to go then day 1 is done!

And my first Zumba class! Can hardly squeeze into my exercise kit. Ugh.

Waa!!!I forgot that I had thigh gap *sob*

So, hows it going so far spangly et al? I decided to start the packs yesterday. I am so huge and so bloated its disgusting. But! Still 3 stones lighter than my heaviest. There was a time when I would have been happy to be 14 stones, never mind 13 and a half! However, its not me. I am a size 12 and thats where I'm going back to. Its interesting to look at my photos too. I was looking at my panto pics for Dec 11 and Dec 12. I'm about 1 and a half to 2 stones heavier in 2012, but you really cant tell looking at the pics. I told my daughter I was almost 3 stones heavier and she was shocked. She thought I'd put on a stone or so.

So what to do next? We head to Liverpool on Friday evening, then fly to Lanza on Saturday. I'm actually tempted to just take packs and stick to it. After all, I pretty much did that last year. I was week 2 reintroducing food. Will need to discuss with OH. Will save us a fortune if thats what we do lol.

I'm shocked at how few steps I do. Even with wlalking the dog twice a day, I've not got past 7k steps. I managed 11k on 2 Jan, but I took Dougal on a HUGE walk to try to burn off some fat lol.

Hey Spangly....just joining to hear your progress. I'm back on the bandwagon, and on day 4 now, and love hearing about others in the same boat!!!

Debbi, glad to see a familiar face....wouldn't have ever guessed you'd put on, you still look fab in your pics!!!

Love and hugs, and good luck to all!!
J xxxxxxx

Hello, hello!

Well, took my sorry self to bed early last night and have been rewarded this morning with the familiar weird taste in my mouth. I think the big k is finally here! Phew. That was hard!! Here's hoping I start to feel more positive and start to see movement on the scales (I've not weighed yet - first weigh in is Wednesday). Day 5 here we come!

Debbi, I know what you mean about 'it's just not me'. I never thought I'd say this, let alone feel it, but size 14 really feels awkward and uncomfortable for me now. I am a size 10-12. It's who I am. A big part of my identity is wrapped up in how I present myself physically to the world, (it may sound shallow but i realise now it's really true) and at the moment, not being able to wear most of the clothes in my wardrobe feels rough. A friend at work said 'but you don't look like you've gained anything' - but that's how it starts, isn't it - feeling comforted that your current size/weight is ok, and accepting it, and then gaining more

Really sweet of her. But of course I then panicked that meant I must have been looking lardy before Christmas too (!). Doh!

Onward and downward!

How's everyone else getting on?

Last edited:
Here to follow too x
:)

Morning Spangly!!

Glad to hear the ketosis fairy has paid you a visit finally!!

Clearly getting an early night is the way forward!! Haha!!

I haven't really been smaller than a 16-18 in many many years, so I've no idea what size I would be most comfortable at, but I'm aiming for a 10-12!!!

Weigh day for me is Wednesday as well! Have been using ketostix to check on big k, but was still light pink yesterday, but think I may have been visited too!! Just having my first cup of tea and enjoying rainbow, on old skool weekend on citv!! Haha!!!

Hope you all have a great day!! xxxxxx

Thanks, Mrs and WT. Good to have your support!

Day is going ok but feels a bit long again. I've been tidying and sorting with a rare energy, so pretty sure the k is here. Making lunch for the family wasn't too difficult today, but I think I'll be glad to be distracted by work during the week.

Back