Getting my mojo back!

9lb is a very good loss! Well done x

9lbs is fab .... 9pbs closer to that you in the piccy! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

*9lbs

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just got the go ahead to book on to a conference I've been wanting to attend - in NYC! Yay! It's in five weeks time. How much can I lose by then?! Is 20lb doable? Have to say the thought of meeting lots of new people is a great motivator - as is the chance to go back to New York. Fab!

Congrats on the 9lb loss hon!!! I'm just a tad behind you with 8lb, but we're getting there, bit by bit!!!
Very jealous that you're off to NYC!! I love it there!!! xxxx

Thanks!!! :D

But (irrationally) disappointed today with 9lb off, as that's what the scales said a couple of days ago and i was hoping for more! Doh! Anyway - 9lb off! :)

9lbs is really great! :)

Thanks, guys! Just back from Zumba so am totally buzzing. Finding exercise I enjoy is definitely the way forward for me this year. Love it!

Had a bit of a rubbish night: the scariest of scary nightmares. It was like a film! I don't do horror films but this was just like a movie. Ugh. Really horrible.

My fault for having a cup of tea before bed! I'm usually really careful with caffeine after about 3pm but last night really fancied it. That will teach me! (and no use switching to caffeine free tea - I've tried and it tastes 'flat' to me do I'd prefer not to have it at all).

Woke up mega mega early - 4am. Off to do my drive in shortly and go for a swim.

Had a bit of a rubbish night: the scariest of scary nightmares. It was like a film! I don't do horror films but this was just like a movie. Ugh. Really horrible.

My fault for having a cup of tea before bed! I'm usually really careful with caffeine after about 3pm but last night really fancied it. That will teach me! (and no use switching to caffeine free tea - I've tried and it tastes 'flat' to me do I'd prefer not to have it at all).

Woke up mega mega early - 4am. Off to do my drive in shortly and go for a swim.

Aww you poor things I have night terrors frequently so know exaclty what you went through! Have a great swim!

Xxx

Thanks, sarah. It's horrible, isn't it? I can still picture scenes from it now >shudders<

Swim was fab - although attending a video conference shortly afterwards without time to straighten my hair in between was er... entertaining (for my colleagues!). Crazy mad hair woman is me!

Thanks, sarah. It's horrible, isn't it? I can still picture scenes from it now >shudders<

Swim was fab - although attending a video conference shortly afterwards without time to straighten my hair in between was er... entertaining (for my colleagues!). Crazy mad hair woman is me!

Haha! Crazy mad hair woman! That so funny!

And yeah I had a night terror when I was 8vand ibstill remember it to this day! Thinking about it as an adukt it doesnt seem that scary but when I was a child I wouldbt sleep for days. Im also a terrible sleep walker!

I think I know where my nightmare is coming from. I have a big meeting tomorrow I'm rather dreading. I feel I've failed on one of my projects and I have to explain why I haven't delivered as expected. Argh.

'I'm having a midlife crisis' probably won't cut it as an excuse! But I am. A minor crisis, in the grand scheme of things, but still a whole lot of soul-searching and identity-finding. Just that whole Talking Heads 'this is not my beautiful house' etc. how did it happen that I woke up one morning with a family to support and a scarily responsible job? Reggie Perrin (showing my age) also springs to mind at this point.

Oh well. Keep trying to tell myself it will be a useful discussion however it develops, but I'm not convinced...

Right! The big day dawns! I can do this!!

One way or another things will be better this evening, workwise, than they are right now. And breathe...

Good luck hun x you can do this! Let us know how you get on later.

Really grumpy today. Total 'rebellious child' stuff going on. My husband doesn't like me being on packs, and is getting impatient for me to come off them as soon as possible so we can eat the same dinner together. I was all excited this morning with the thought of getting some of this 'slim pasta' or 'zero noodles' but he thinks it will stall my weight loss, or at the least slow me down, and doesn't think it's a good idea. I can see where he's coming from but I'm frustrated.

I know I 'should' be able to manage my weight with 'normal' food, not packs. But the thing is, this works for me. The past two years have been amazing - not always easy, but learning what works and what doesn't work for my weight maintenance. I don't like feeling as though he's trying to control what I do/do not eat. And I'm scared that if I come off packs I will never get back to goal again :(. Really feel rubbish. I don't want to upset him but this is MY choice, surely?

The only alternative I can see is to come off packs and go super low carb and really small portions, but I know that won't be as easy to stick to... Help!!!

(am going to post this in the main from as well because I don't think many people read my diary!)

Like Adrian R, I have 3 packs a day and a meal. I have the soup for lunch and add a small amount of veg, but it makes it like a proper meal. Then in the evening I have my protein meal, either chicken salad, fish with swede chips or if I don't have a breakfast I have the mushroom pasta pack with chicken, mushrooms and zero pasta. For desert I have a shake made into a mousse with the mousse mix. I have lost 19 lbs in 2.5 weeks and as I still have 72 lbs to goal I have had to find ways to make it work for the long haul. I will also be going out for a meal occasionally and I will just got for high protein low carb choices.

I think I read in a previous post that you husband has MS. Maybe he is trying to be controlling as he has so little control over other things. I try and get my husband to take an interest like discussing how any inches I've lost or how I can adapt food to it in the plan. Whilst this diet might not be ideal it is workable. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Really grumpy today. Total 'rebellious child' stuff going on. My husband doesn't like me being on packs, and is getting impatient for me to come off them as soon as possible so we can eat the same dinner together. I was all excited this morning with the thought of getting some of this 'slim pasta' or 'zero noodles' but he thinks it will stall my weight loss, or at the least slow me down, and doesn't think it's a good idea. I can see where he's coming from but I'm frustrated.

I know I 'should' be able to manage my weight with 'normal' food, not packs. But the thing is, this works for me. The past two years have been amazing - not always easy, but learning what works and what doesn't work for my weight maintenance. I don't like feeling as though he's trying to control what I do/do not eat. And I'm scared that if I come off packs I will never get back to goal again :(. Really feel rubbish. I don't want to upset him but this is MY choice, surely?

The only alternative I can see is to come off packs and go super low carb and really small portions, but I know that won't be as easy to stick to... Help!!!

(am going to post this in the main from as well because I don't think many people read my diary!)

I read it!!! Do what's right for you not what's right for your hubby! Xxx

Back