• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Extra Easy Days Getting some flavour into Quorn

G: 10st10lb
I am doing a bolognese later this week using quorn mince, but while its ok, I would like to try and get a more meaty taste going through it so its more like a proper bolognaise. So...I was wondering if anyone has ever tried marinating the quorn in bovril or something before cooking it, or anything else to give it a bit more of a meaty umph!

Suggestions please on a postcard to...

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
I usually add a splash of soy sauce, splash of worcestershire sauce (not for veggies), pinch of sweetener, crumbled stock cube and a sprinkling of schwatz italian garlic seasoning. Also works well with a basic tomato sauce.

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
S: 16st7lb C: 15st11lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 33.6 Loss: 0st10lb(4.33%)
Agree with the two fabulous ladies above - beef stock, Worcester sauce etc. xx

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
S: 22st0lb C: 19st7lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 55.1 Loss: 2st7lb(11.36%)
I usually crumble 2 red oxo cubes into some passata with mixed herbs and a chopped clove of garlic and then the whole lot goes into the bolognese when I make it.

Try making it the day before and sticking it in the fridge - it seems to absorb the flavour better if left. I made a chilli a few days ago on the morning and by the time we had it on the evening it tasted gorgeous (and I'm not really a big lover of quorn). Your idea with the Bovril sounds good - just leave it as long as possible.

StaceyUK

Gold Member
S: 18st1.6lb G: 10st10lb
Not for meatiness, but adding some olives, capers and sundried tomatoes (don't forget to syn the olives/sun dried tomatoes) really adds to a bolognese! And the few syns, in my opinion, are worth it!

G: 10st10lb
Try making it the day before and sticking it in the fridge - it seems to absorb the flavour better if left. I made a chilli a few days ago on the morning and by the time we had it on the evening it tasted gorgeous (and I'm not really a big lover of quorn). Your idea with the Bovril sounds good - just leave it as long as possible.
Thank you ladies for your suggestions, I will start and experiment over the next few weeks. I think I am going to start with leaving it in the fridge with some bovril, and see what happens. I do normaly cook it with lots of herbs, bisto, worcester sauce etc, but it still seems to taste a bit "thin" so just looking to improve the taste and feel in the mouth. Will let you know how they turn out.