Getting to Target in 2018 (finally!)

I'm off to weigh in tonight. It's only 5 days since my last weigh in so I'm a bit apprehensive (I'm also in Dorset with no scales so I can't even have a sneaky weigh in before I go to group :eek:) but I've been absolutely 100% on plan all week so I'm hoping I'll have lost at least a couple of those Christmas pounds.

Will report back later!

So I lost 1.5 pounds at weigh in last night. I cannot lie, I'm so so disappointed. I've been 100% back on plan for 10 days now and am still 2.5 pounds heavier than I was before Christmas. I normally lose gains very quickly so I do feel very deflated.

But I'm trying to think of the reasons why I might not have got the loss I wanted. Although I've been on plan 100% and not gone over my syns at all, I have had a lot more pasta than usual and I have walked a lot less, as I've been working from home. I did also only have 5 days between weigh ins. I'll be back at my normal group next week so fingers crossed for a decent loss then! I need 3 pounds to get my 2 stone award and would love to get that next week.

So I lost 1.5 pounds at weigh in last night. I cannot lie, I'm so so disappointed. I've been 100% back on plan for 10 days now and am still 2.5 pounds heavier than I was before Christmas. I normally lose gains very quickly so I do feel very deflated.

But I'm trying to think of the reasons why I might not have got the loss I wanted. Although I've been on plan 100% and not gone over my syns at all, I have had a lot more pasta than usual and I have walked a lot less, as I've been working from home. I did also only have 5 days between weigh ins. I'll be back at my normal group next week so fingers crossed for a decent loss then! I need 3 pounds to get my 2 stone award and would love to get that next week.

Don't be disheartened, 1.5lbs is a good weight loss, and although not as much as you thought, sounds like you already have your answers as to why. Only 5 days will make a difference, you often lose the most in the last 2 days of the week. I did a sneaky weigh in this morning on home scales and I hadn't changed since Monday. I know mine might also be related to not doing as much walking and maybe not enough speed food.

I bet if you have a week of more fruit and veg and activity you will have a big loss next week :)

Don't be disheartened, 1.5lbs is a good weight loss, and although not as much as you thought, sounds like you already have your answers as to why. Only 5 days will make a difference, you often lose the most in the last 2 days of the week. I did a sneaky weigh in this morning on home scales and I hadn't changed since Monday. I know mine might also be related to not doing as much walking and maybe not enough speed food.

I bet if you have a week of more fruit and veg and activity you will have a big loss next week :)

That's a good point about losing the most weight in the last 2 days actually! Thankyou! Had a big plate of veggies and chicken for lunch and planning on doing lots of walking this week so fingers crossed! x

I'm back home in Manchester now so have resumed my daily commute - which means lots of walking to and from the train station!

I did have an extremely off plan day on Saturday but we had such a good time that I don't regret it. As my husband is moving bases soon, we decided to do a little pub crawl and say goodbye to Dorset properly! I stuck to gin and slim and counted every single syn while we were out. We were home by 7.30pm but then cracked into the wine, some Oppo ice cream and then.... ordered pizza! Eek! In my defence, it's my absolute favourite pizza in the world and given I won't be going to Dorset anymore I might never get to have it again! I enjoyed every single bit and have zero guilt about it.

I kept my syns really low yesterday and intend to do the same every day until Wednesday in an attempt to try and claw back some sort of loss!

So the day has arrived! Weigh in! Eek! It's only 6 days since my last weigh in but I'm back to my normal group tonight and I'm actually feeling pretty good. I've been on it 100% since the Saturday night pizza and wine incident and I've been having minimal syns. So fingers crossed I get a loss of some sort tonight! I'd absolutely love to lose 3 pounds and get my 2 stone award (that I was only 0.5 of a pound away from before Christmas - sigh!) but we will see!

So the day has arrived! Weigh in! Eek! It's only 6 days since my last weigh in but I'm back to my normal group tonight and I'm actually feeling pretty good. I've been on it 100% since the Saturday night pizza and wine incident and I've been having minimal syns. So fingers crossed I get a loss of some sort tonight! I'd absolutely love to lose 3 pounds and get my 2 stone award (that I was only 0.5 of a pound away from before Christmas - sigh!) but we will see!

Best of luck, hope you get a good loss!

Oh and I meant to say, I've decided that I'm going to change my target. It's currently set at 10 stone, which would be a loss of 93.5 pounds, but I've decided that I'd love to lose 100 pounds in total so I'm changing it to 9 stone 7.5lbs. I like round numbers and I figure that will give me a good buffer under the 10 stone mark :)

Oh and I meant to say, I've decided that I'm going to change my target. It's currently set at 10 stone, which would be a loss of 93.5 pounds, but I've decided that I'd love to lose 100 pounds in total so I'm changing it to 9 stone 7.5lbs. I like round numbers and I figure that will give me a good buffer under the 10 stone mark :)

That's fair enough if it makes sense for you and sounds mentally better. My target is also 10 stone so when I finally get there I will see how I feel/look and may lower it. I'm 5ft2 so my BMI actually states I should be 9st10lbs and under. Although BMI does confuse me as when I was 10 stone I was a size 10 and really slim.

Do you have interim targets as well? I set mine as 12 stone and 11 stone, so 10 stone didn't seem sooooo far away. I have decided at both these interim targets I am going to treat myself to something as a reward. Like new jeans, meal out or something like that. I have 5 pounds to lose until 12 stone now eek.

That's fair enough if it makes sense for you and sounds mentally better. My target is also 10 stone so when I finally get there I will see how I feel/look and may lower it. I'm 5ft2 so my BMI actually states I should be 9st10lbs and under. Although BMI does confuse me as when I was 10 stone I was a size 10 and really slim.

Do you have interim targets as well? I set mine as 12 stone and 11 stone, so 10 stone didn't seem sooooo far away. I have decided at both these interim targets I am going to treat myself to something as a reward. Like new jeans, meal out or something like that. I have 5 pounds to lose until 12 stone now eek.

I've been 10 stone 11lbs before and I still felt like I had quite a bit to lose at that weight. I'm not going to change it at group just yet but have that new figure in my head as where I'd love to be. If I get close to 10 stone and feel happy though then I'll just keep it at 10! :D I'm 5ft 4.5" and I think my BMI says I should be 10 stone 9lbs and under. Apparently I could be 7 stone 12lbs and still be a healthy weight, which sounds a bit crazy to me :eek:

My first interim target is 13 stone 10lbs as that's the weight I was when I got married in 2015. And then my second interim target is 12 stone 6lbs, as that's the weight I was when I met my husband. I guess an unofficial third one is 10 stone 11lbs, as that's the lowest weight I got to when I did Slimming World the first time!

I'm treating myself to something at each half stone point. I have a big list of things to do/buy, haha! You'll be at 12 stone in no time!

I've been 10 stone 11lbs before and I still felt like I had quite a bit to lose at that weight. I'm not going to change it at group just yet but have that new figure in my head as where I'd love to be. If I get close to 10 stone and feel happy though then I'll just keep it at 10! :D I'm 5ft 4.5" and I think my BMI says I should be 10 stone 9lbs and under. Apparently I could be 7 stone 12lbs and still be a healthy weight, which sounds a bit crazy to me :eek:

My first interim target is 13 stone 10lbs as that's the weight I was when I got married in 2015. And then my second interim target is 12 stone 6lbs, as that's the weight I was when I met my husband. I guess an unofficial third one is 10 stone 11lbs, as that's the lowest weight I got to when I did Slimming World the first time!

I'm treating myself to something at each half stone point. I have a big list of things to do/buy, haha! You'll be at 12 stone in no time!

Yeah I think it is down to how you feel when you are at that weight. People carry weight differently, I have 2 friend's similar height and they both wear size 10/12 and one is 8st10 and one is 12st5 and both look slim, just different shapes! I have big boobs, hips and bum, so know I'll always be curvy. Just want to be a lot less curvy haha!

I remember you saying now about those interim targets, they are great to aim for, and good idea on the reward every half a stone.

Yeah I think it is down to how you feel when you are at that weight. People carry weight differently, I have 2 friend's similar height and they both wear size 10/12 and one is 8st10 and one is 12st5 and both look slim, just different shapes! I have big boobs, hips and bum, so know I'll always be curvy. Just want to be a lot less curvy haha!

I remember you saying now about those interim targets, they are great to aim for, and good idea on the reward every half a stone.

I also have big boobs, hips and bum so I'll never be a waif either - which is fine by me, just want to be a lot smaller than I am now!

I'm just greedy and need frequent rewards to keep me motivated, haha! I'm also starting to fit back into lots of my clothes so it's going to be like having a whole new wardrobe too! :)

So I lost 4.5 pounds last night! Got my 2 stone award and now 2 stone 1.5lbs lighter than I was 12 weeks ago. I'm sooooo chuffed! After being so disappointed with my loss last week it was really nice to see a big number last night! I think I just need to accept that my body isn't going to lose weight the way I want it to every week and I'm going to try and look at it on a month by month basis to assess progress, rather than stressing myself out if I only lose a 1lb one week, etc.

So I lost 4.5 pounds last night! Got my 2 stone award and now 2 stone 1.5lbs lighter than I was 12 weeks ago. I'm sooooo chuffed! After being so disappointed with my loss last week it was really nice to see a big number last night! I think I just need to accept that my body isn't going to lose weight the way I want it to every week and I'm going to try and look at it on a month by month basis to assess progress, rather than stressing myself out if I only lose a 1lb one week, etc.

AMAZING! Well done! Seeeee I told you it will come off this week instead :). Our bodies do strange things don't they! Month by Month is so much better way to look at it, and actually more accurate.

You have lost an unbelievable amount in 12 weeks, massive congrats.

AMAZING! Well done! Seeeee I told you it will come off this week instead :). Our bodies do strange things don't they! Month by Month is so much better way to look at it, and actually more accurate.

You have lost an unbelievable amount in 12 weeks, massive congrats.

Thanks so much! :) Month by month is going to be the way forward for me from now on. Thankyou for your wise words!

Back