Giant Jaffa Cake :D

It was yummy! Will add less jelly next time though. Trial and error :)

You could make this using the half syn roulade mixture would make lot less syns.

Please tell me how you managed to spread the chocolate onto the jelly? When I try with melted chocolate, the coldness of the jelly causes the chocolate to harden straightaway! How did you manage to overcome this?

OK? In answer to my problem (and I've no doubt a lot of other peoples!) Ive managed to figure out how to do this:

• Use a microwave to melt the chocolate and NOT the bowl over hot water method. You need to keep the temperature of the chocolate as low as possible and the traditional method makes the chocolate too hot. If it seems hot from the microwave, youll need to let it cool to lukewarm.
  • Allow the jelly to sit for about 15 mins before trying to coat it with the chocolate so that the surface temperature is not refrigerator cold.
  • Forget about using a pallette knife to spread: it only makes matters worse. Even with a heated knife, the chocolate starts to cling to the knife because it quickly cools down because of the coldness of the jelly surface.
  • Use a warmed teaspoon; get a little of the chocolate and spread a little at a time. It works if you get around a 1/3 of a teaspoon of chocolate and then use the back to spread it. It'll still start to build up on the spoon though, so keep a hot cup of water nearby to dip your spoon in and the wipe dry. Make sure you wipe dry - you don't want to add water to your chocolate!
  • Keep going on like this - you'll need to be careful as you go and just fill in little gaps.
In conclusion, a lot of hassle for something that has too many Syns for such a small piece IMO

Back