Giant Jaffa Cake :D

Well i had no problems with the small flan cases, They were lush, would definatley make them again. The bf loved them as we are big jaffa cake fans, made a change from the usual ones . Great idea thanks for the original recipe. x

giant jaffa cake....HELP!!??

hi, this is the first time iv posted on here, iv tried making your jaffa cake and im going wrong somewhere? i cant get t he chocolate to stick to it properly, if i put it on cold jelly it sets too quickly and doesnt spread, but if i put it on room temp jelly then it melts it and doesnt spread?? any tips would be great!!
thanks guys!

hi, this is the first time iv posted on here, iv tried making your jaffa cake and im going wrong somewhere? i cant get t he chocolate to stick to it properly, if i put it on cold jelly it sets too quickly and doesnt spread, but if i put it on room temp jelly then it melts it and doesnt spread?? any tips would be great!!
thanks guys!

Oh, mine was OK spreading straight onto the jaffa cake, however, I did use 150g of chocolate so that was probably why. Wasn't trying to eek a little over a large area.

Welcome to minimins:)

Love this recipe!!! Tried it the other day at my meeting! Think I would eat the lot though!! :D x

I've just made this with the following:
medium flan case (Sainsburys) = 17.5syns
maya gold dark chocolate (Green and Blacks) 80g = 21.2syns
1 sachet of orange quick jel (Greens) =7.5syns

Total syns = 46..... will cut into 4 slices at 11.5 syns per slice

I'm hoping it will turn out! I just made the quick jel with 100ml of water and that seemed pretty solid on the sponge flan after 5 mins at room temp. Melted the chocolate and left that cool for just 5 mins before spooning/pouring on. I melted 100g of chocolate but with the flan on the weighing scales just 80g filled the middle of the flan, not the outsides. Its in the fridge waiting for me now :) Fingers crossed!

Ooh i am sooo trying this! This can be my syn'd treat at the weekend!! Looks fabulous!!

This is amazing!
Can I ask how much chocolate would you reccomend I'm using dairy milk, would one bar (49g) be enough or would I have to double the syns and use 100g? xxx

I made this last week but made it COMPLETLY wrong!!!! Rather thankettibg the jelly set I thought you put it on top of the flab case when still very runny! BIG mistake!!!

havnt been in this thread in a while

i see everyone is having problems with the chocolate spreading .... i followed exactly what i wrote and i was able to do it ...

how are you melting your chocolate ?

i used a pot of boiling water with a pyrex bowl and used the boiling water to melt is and i let it cool ever so slightly and poured it on the middle and spread with a spatuala

all i can suggest is to add more chocolate and add more syns.

xx

jo

that looks so fab!! I wonder if chocolate spread would be ok if you are having trouble spreading the chocolate properly? Having said that I havent made it myself but its on the list!

Hi there im an new to this site so hi everyone! do all flan basis from whatever supermarket come in with the same sin value? i really want to make this but normaly shop at tesco.

Back