Glasgow Meet - 23/24 May - Last call to join us, and where we'll be

Whoop whoop.. just packing now.. finishing charging the pod.. and then i shall be leaving.. i get dead nervous in case i miss my train.. lol.. so ill be therer like an hour early for it.. :D

Can't wait to see you guys..

Cat x x

All organised.... camera batteries charged, got money, changed clothes (20 times!! heaven knows what Ill be like tonight if Im this undecided about my casual clothes lol), face on... taxi phoned..... time to go meet the gang :bliss:

We're having to pull out. I feel absolutely cr@p and can't face the journey. So disappointed.:cry::cry::cry:

Oh no....!!!!!!!!! :eek: I have my bag packed ready to drive up the M6!!!

Only joking ... DON'T WORRY.

Look it's OK to be ill. Better to rest and get better than to force yourself to do a huge drive up to Scotland - it's a huge undertaking. I drove from Glasgow to home a few weeks back and it killed me.

Take care of yourself and get well soon enough to make it to Liverpool!

xxxxxxx

We're having to pull out. I feel absolutely cr@p and can't face the journey. So disappointed.:cry::cry::cry:

I didn't make it either....:cry::cry:

ended up in casualty this morning with dd - she fell, ankle very badly swollen, couldn't put any weight on it at all.... thought it may be broken...spent over 4 hours in casualty :( xray'ed, prodded... (all while my plane was taking off :( !!) it's not broken (they think !) so they have strapped it up - for 5 days - and she needs to rest it today and tomorrow... so, instead of my 'me-time' in Glasgow, looks like it'll be 'skivvy-time' at home in Belfast.....

am really gutted....have never been to Glasgow and was so lookin forward to catchin up with you lot - and meeting Sandy......have a drink (or 2) for me !

love

Debz xx

Just means we'll have to have another meet in GLasgow then?!! :)

So pleased you've finally met Summerskye ... she's awesome isn't she?!!

Just means we'll have to have another meet in GLasgow then?!! :)

So pleased you've finally met Summerskye ... she's awesome isn't she?!!

DEFINITELY !!!

Small fact, I think Cat and that's train pulled into Central station at 4.25 (if it was the one I saw on the arrival thing).

And my train got in at half past. I was actually keeping an eye out for them on the off-chance before heading up to uni.

I didn't make it either....:cry::cry:

ended up in casualty this morning with dd - she fell, ankle very badly swollen, couldn't put any weight on it at all.... thought it may be broken...spent over 4 hours in casualty :( xray'ed, prodded... (all while my plane was taking off :( !!) it's not broken (they think !) so they have strapped it up - for 5 days - and she needs to rest it today and tomorrow... so, instead of my 'me-time' in Glasgow, looks like it'll be 'skivvy-time' at home in Belfast.....

am really gutted....have never been to Glasgow and was so lookin forward to catchin up with you lot - and meeting Sandy......have a drink (or 2) for me !

love

Debz xx

Ahhhh Debz, what a nightmare - hope DD is ok. Hope things are all ok with you. Still taking agnus castus - all seems good. Thank you for the tip xxx

Well, it's a beautiful Sunday morning and I'm up early (!) and already had breakfast.

I finally met up with everyone on Friday night. Had a fab evening at the Millenium and it was well chosen by Sandy because there was plenty of room, it was not noisy (apart from us) and we had a good view later on of the street.

I was reminded again of just how special it is to meet with fellow miniminers. There is nothing quite like being able to relax and chat to other like-minded people about 'dieting issues', being painfully honest, and being understood.

We spoke about the lengths we go to to try to impress on people manning the checkout that all this chocolate/ice cream/
biscuits/crisps/whatever is for the whole of our (extended) family!:D Who are we trying to kid?!?!:eek:

We had a long discussion about 'poo' stories (you had to be there) that had most of us laughing, the trials and tribulations of World of Warcraft (and the like), and the wonders of t'internet. that's for you, Kat!

Sadly, on Saturday I woke up early with a migraine and had to stay in bed all day to get rid of it. Happily, it had disappeared by tea time and I was raring to go.

We met at Princes Street shopping arcade for drinks,and saw that there were preparations for Miss Scotland (to take place on Sunday). Well, the organisers begged and pleaded with us to take part, but we gracefully declined. "Give others a chance" we said kindly.

Myself Irene and Kat went up to a fab Italian restaurant on the Terrace for tea and met up again with Sandy, Sharon a bit later at a Tapas bar. Again, a great choice because it was not too loud and we could chat without having to shout. Got a great picture of myself with the lovely Irene, which I will try and load onto minis when I get home.

Just off to have a cup of (Earl Grey), then off to LUSH to get some supplies in. I was so disappointed that I couldn't get out yesterday:cry: to get a bathball to use in the hotel bath. Never mind, today I'll get enough for a month of baths!

Regards to everyone at Minis and thanks again Sandy:flowers:for organising this weekend.

AJ

Small fact, I think Cat and that's train pulled into Central station at 4.25 (if it was the one I saw on the arrival thing).

And my train got in at half past. I was actually keeping an eye out for them on the off-chance before heading up to uni.

Lol.. cute.. it was yeah.. i think.. hmm.. Did you see us?

x x

Well, it's a beautiful Sunday morning and I'm up early (!) and already had breakfast.

I finally met up with everyone on Friday night. Had a fab evening at the Millenium and it was well chosen by Sandy because there was plenty of room, it was not noisy (apart from us) and we had a good view later on of the street.

I was reminded again of just how special it is to meet with fellow miniminers. There is nothing quite like being able to relax and chat to other like-minded people about 'dieting issues', being painfully honest, and being understood.

We spoke about the lengths we go to to try to impress on people manning the checkout that all this chocolate/ice cream/
biscuits/crisps/whatever is for the whole of our (extended) family!:D Who are we trying to kid?!?!:eek:

We had a long discussion about 'poo' stories (you had to be there) that had most of us laughing, the trials and tribulations of World of Warcraft (and the like), and the wonders of t'internet. that's for you, Kat!

LOL.. im glad its taken off.. lol..!! Our poo stories were amazing.. everyone on the other tables were so jealous.. :D

Sadly, on Saturday I woke up early with a migraine and had to stay in bed all day to get rid of it. Happily, it had disappeared by tea time and I was raring to go.

We met at Princes Street shopping arcade for drinks,and saw that there were preparations for Miss Scotland (to take place on Sunday). Well, the organisers begged and pleaded with us to take part, but we gracefully declined. "Give others a chance" we said kindly.
Too right.. we wouldnt want to have made me unfair.. you know..

Myself Irene and Kat went up to a fab Italian restaurant on the Terrace for tea and met up again with Sandy, Sharon a bit later at a Tapas bar. Again, a great choice because it was not too loud and we could chat without having to shout. Got a great picture of myself with the lovely Irene, which I will try and load onto minis when I get home.

Just off to have a cup of (Earl Grey), then off to LUSH to get some supplies in. I was so disappointed that I couldn't get out yesterday:cry: to get a bathball to use in the hotel bath. Never mind, today I'll get enough for a month of baths!

Regards to everyone at Minis and thanks again Sandy:flowers:for organising this weekend.

AJ

Oh god.. luuush.. i love that shop to death.. i have enough to last me if the whole world ends and its just me and my bathtub left.. :D

Was amazing to meet you.. i had SUCH a laugh..!! glad you're hope safely.. MY TRAIN WAS CANCELLED..

x x

Lol.. cute.. it was yeah.. i think.. hmm.. Did you see us?

x x

I know I said it on msn but will here too incase people think I've snubbed the question.

...no :p

To the lovely Sandy
thanks for a great weekend it was perfect and great choice of places for us to meet

everyone at the meet
I had such a great time and loved meeting and chatting to old and new friends

And sorry Debz, Bev and Kev that you couldn't make it. You were definately missed

Irene xx

Back