Glasgow Meet - 23/24 May - Last call to join us, and where we'll be

Sorry Karen I need 21 days notice ;)

ooooh.. fine.. ill allow you to.. lol..

Im getting dead excited.. gonna pack.. and look at getting some new trousers.. sick of mine falling down.. (might be good.. but it gets fricking annoying).. lol

x x

Hi Folks

Well my plans have changed a bit (there's always one isn't there).

As we have been talking about small indulgencies and treating ourselves I have decided that I am in much need of some 'me time' and have booked myself into a hotel for Fri night.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for you lot) I couln't get into Jurys but a friend works in the Carlton George and has booked me a room there. I hope you dont mind me tagging along.

So as soon as my better half gets in from work I'll get him to take me to the train station and I should be in the town by 3pm ish.

Are we still meeting in Princess Square? If so what time. I see some of you are not arriving till later on and there is talk of naps and the like.

I'll be able to hang about for most of Sat too as DH and the boys are off out for the day but I suppose I better go home on Sat night. As long as I get a bit of shopping done on Sat morning I'll be happy.

Dont know if I'm more excited about meeting up with all of you of having some time away from my lot.

Oh do I need to dress up?(not in a gothic angel kind of way). Are jeans ok ?

Jac

Thats fantastic news!!! :party0049:

I was actually going to post later about plans lol

Was chatting to Sharon last night whos a much more experienced 'meeter' than me lol

Thought we could meet at Princes Square around 1530/1600 for a few hours, then meet at Jurys at maybe 2000 once everyone has had something for dinner freshened up etc.

If Jurys is as nice as it looked I wondered if we'd be as well stopping there for the evening?? Its really perfect for what we're looking for, some nice surroundings and somewhere we can blether etc. Also has the advantage if folk have been on the go all day and are tired after their trip it always feels more relaxing know you only have to 'go upstairs' to get to bed lol

Saturday is the 'offical meet' lol So Im reliably informed that usually takes place at the hotel around 1500 :bliss: We can see who wants to dine out etc, do dinner (for those who are interested) then meet up again as a group about 2000ish??

Last edited:
Just as well I've checked this (as if I wouldn't! *lol*) as I thought we were all meeting first on Friday around 4.00 pm in the Jury's Inn lobby! Der!! :rolleyes:

What happens in Birmingham is that as people arrive over the course of the day we meet up in the Jury's lounge, and hang around there chatting (and maybe having an early evening drinkie :eek:) until about 6.00 ish or so - then people meander off to their rooms to shower/freshen up etc. and then meet back downstairs around 8.00 ish to go off to dinner - or whatever else may be suggested :D

If the meeting place is Princes Square instead, I'd better check out where that is in relation to Jury's Inn. Will be there as near to 4.00 pm as poss, but if I'm there a tad later you can just start without me :)

Back