Glasgow Meet - 23/24 May - Last call to join us, and where we'll be

Just as well I've checked this (as if I wouldn't! *lol*) as I thought we were all meeting first on Friday around 4.00 pm in the Jury's Inn lobby! Der!! :rolleyes:

Ooops sorry :) Would Jurys in the afternoon suit everyone best, I was just thinking you may prefer a change of scene if we're looking at it for Fri night & Sat afternoon.

Whats the consensus?? I dont mind where we meet, Ill be getting a taxi into town so its swings and roundabouts. Im more than happy to go with the majority. Would Jurys be easier since people are arriving at all kinds of times??

What would everyone else prefer then?? :)

Dont know if I'm more excited about meeting up with all of you of having some time away from my lot.

Oh do I need to dress up?(not in a gothic angel kind of way). Are jeans ok ?

Jac

Really looking forward to meeting you too Jac!

Jeans are fine! I usually wear jeans/casual stuff during the day and then maybe something a wee bit more 'dressy' for the evening - but it's entirely up to you. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in :)

See you on Friday!

Ooops sorry :) Would Jurys in the afternoon suit everyone best, I was just thinking you may prefer a change of scene if we're looking at it for Fri night & Sat afternoon.

Whats the consensus?? I dont mind where we meet, Ill be getting a taxi into town so its swings and roundabouts. Im more than happy to go with the majority. Would Jurys be easier since people are arriving at all kinds of times??

What would everyone else prefer then?? :)

Oh I'm sure we can find somewhere more interesting to go to on Friday night - even if it's just for something to eat or a drink (or three!) elsewhere. Early night? No chance! I'm on me holidays! *lol*

My thinking was that as people are arriving at various times during the day it might be easier to meet up in Jury's on Friday afternoon so we're all in the same place to begin with and can relax for a bit after our journeys :)

Just charged camera ... remind me to take piccys ... KP was useless at Brum! Want lots of photos!

Oooh that's a point! I must try to remember mine this time too. At least that way I get some 'editorial control' over what gets posted - and what doesn't ;)

That might be a better idea Sharon right enough.

Ok so 1530/1600 at Jurys and we can take it from there for the evening, see what people fancy?

Theres a nice place on George Sq which I was looking at earlier might be an idea for one evening, does drinks cocktails and food. Cant see any menus but it gives a guide price of food between £4 - £15 so people could have a light snack or a meal whatever they prefer.

We could maybe head there on Saturday :) Princes Sq is lovely and central!! Just had a look at the website and with the selection of bars and restaurants I think it would be a great option for Saturday :)

Just spoken to a lovely member of staff at the place I had in mind - The Millenium on George Square

They do things like:

Soup, sandwiches, paninis, burgers, rostis, smoked salmon, ciabattas, haggis neeps and tatties, seafood platters, side orders etc, desserts. Pretty reasonably priced, not sure what people have in mind for dinner but thought we could maybe hit a restaurant on Saturday....

Might be worth considering on Friday night?? It has a gorgeous glass fronted area that looks straight onto George Square - great for people watching ;)

Can I suggest then:

Friday: Meet at Jurys 1530/1600
Head later to the Millenium Hotel in George Sq for something to eat and drinks. (Its right next to the station so AmandaJayne wont have far to go and just along from jacs hotel lol)

Saturday: Meet at Jurys around 1500?
Then meet at Princes Sq Welcome||Princes Square. around 2000 - great choice of bars & restaurants and its only 10 mins from Jurys and dead central

Oh nooooo youre kidding... thank God its not an old firm game that would have been a nightmare. Oh well we can keep our options open for Saturday... at least the Queen of the South supporters will probably be heading straight home - I hope!!!

I can't believe you didn't know *lol*. Don't the Polis have to be out in force on Cup Final days or something? :rolleyes::D

Where do Queen of the South come from then? (Showing my complete ignorance of Scottish football here :eek:)

Hi folks
Should we just meet you at the Millennium Hotel bar then? What time do you think? As we're working, we probably won't be out and about until after 7pm

Great! Do we carry a red rose for identification or anything? Or a copy of LL/Weightwatchers magazine lol

Yes thanks Sandy...and I sent you mine just in case.

Back