Goal size

Im probs a size bigger on bottom if I wore fitted trousers rather than stretchy leggings and skirts, so about 14 bottom 12 top and want to be 10 on bottom and 8 on top but 12 bottom and 10 top wouldnt be the worst thing!
Im super short and my fat is really evenly spread out, got big legs, calfs, arms..chin, everything! slightly smaller bust than bum though! so my boobs might shrink away a fair bit, but Ill always have a bum, and maybe just wear some chicken fillets!

A size 14 at 5'9" should be lovely and slim without being gaunt :) you have good height to carry it off x
Personally I'm 13.11 just now and 5'5.5" and a size 18 - I know at 10.2 I was a size 12 - my aim is about 9/9.7 and a 10 cos I recon that would take away any extra fat reserves and help towards getting shot of saddlebags and bingo wings!
Don't know if I can get there or even maintain cos I haven't been that weight since I was teenager so fingers crossed we shall see! Lol

Interesting thread. I'm 5ft 6 and have size 7.5 feet. I've stopped short of my original target which was just under 12 stone (and size 12) so I wouldn't have a tummy flap and need surgery. I feel great at size 14 at 13 stone 5lbs. People who know my weight are suprised the scales are that high. But then they didn't realised I'd been well over 21 stone.

I'm size 16 in some 'smaller' brands and 14 in most. I even vary within the same shop between some 12s most 14s nd some 16s. I'm 16 in my newest favorite brand - Damsel in a Dress who make very womanly clothes and 14 in ASDA jeans and M&S jackets. I was larger than this in my 20s in the mid 1980s....My biggest issue is finding clothes that have sleeves. I don't do sleeveless.

The Alizonne GP said that BMIs also vary - so for someone in their early 50s, having a BMI of 30 was fine. She also said that I would expect to be higher on BMI as there are those empty fat cells and skin making me heavier than someone who hadn't got so fat. I reckon if I had a tummytuck, I'd loose 10lbs or so = more if I had other bits tightened or lifted.

I feel great. It makes me smile when others are starting to shed weight at the point where I am stabilising. I can see where I could loose more weight - but my skin would be, to me, unacceptably loose, and I think my face would be gaunt. I'm told that my skin will tighten up over the next year to eighteen months which would be good.

So I'm focussing on staying at this weight and really enjoying my new wardrobe and the ease of living - and knowing I am at or below the average size of a UK woman. I think being hapy at goal is another aspect of managing our minds. Loosing weight ain't the answer to some problems - but it sure is good to be able to shop the high street, borrow a friend's clothes and fit in the seat on the tube, bus or plane!

I feel comfortable in my body when I'm in a baggy 14 (bottoms) - not skinny but not bumpy or squishy. Would love to have a go at a 12 though so aiming for that this time!

I started at 22/24 and reached a 20/22 after losing 2 stone, which didn't seem like much of a reduction to me (before discovering VLCD). I'm now up to just short of 3 1/2 stone from my top weight and that extra bit has put me down into a very comfortable and slightly on the big side 18. I've another stone and a half to get to my lowest adult weight, but I was still an 18 then. Strange.... I'm 5'5 and have absolutely no recollection of being less than a 14, and I'm going back an awful long way to remember that - so that's my aim. I too can't imagine that my frame will go any smaller than that, but perhaps I'll be surprised when I get there. If I can get to a 14 I'll be absolutely delighted.

When I 21 I was a size 8/10 top and 10 bottom, I weighed 9st 4 and thought I was fat. I'd like to get back into my favourite small 12 jeans. Though if that weight (whether is 10st or 9st) doesn't suit me I'll reassess at that point, I don't want to look ill. I just want to feel like me again.

its weird to see how different people vary with their sizes! i started in january in a size 20/22, im now a size 10/12 but other people at my weight are bigger size than me? i said in january id stop at a size 12 but i want to carry on until im either a 6/8 or a 8/10. just to see how i go really! my problem is my boobs lol, they went from a 42E to a 34D (though i think i need to get measured again soon lol) also i have quite wide hips, so dont think ill be able to get into a size 8 bottoms! you just need to do what feels best for you.

xx

I'm just under 5'6'' and currently a size 16 (but can fit into quite a lot of 14s now) at just under 12 st. I think my goal size is a small 12 (so will fit in to some generous 10s and some very generous sz 8) - I expect to be around 10st for that. The lightest I have been over the age of 21 is 9 st 9 lbs and I was a size 12 then (size 10 waist though) - I felt I could do with losing another 5-7 lbs but I was pretty happy! I am now more than a decade older and really not sure what my final goal will be, although in my head I have a goal of BMI 21 - which is lighter than I have ever been so I guess about a size 10. Not idea if that would suitable or not -need to get a lot closer to decide! Definitely want to be less than a sz 14 though.

Back