Goals!!!

Sammi N

Anything but Regular
Right, to maintain motivation and cure saturday boredom i've decided i want to set myself some mini goals. Problem is I don't know what them goals are or should be. Anyone around whos also a little bored that wouldn't mind suggesting a good goal layout for me pretty please? :p

I did up a word document with all my mini goals, every half stone, under 100 kilos, under 200lbs etc.. Keeps me on the straight and narrow. Sometimes it's a bit scary to look at the whole amount, and so satisfying to tick off all the mini goals!

how did you get that sparkly star in your sig? I want one!!

OP, think about what you want to achieve during this diet. Obviously weight loss goals are important, and you can make them as big or as small as you want, whether it is get under the 200 pound mark, or get into a certain size clothing, or be a certain weight by a certain date.
However you can also make exercise goals - do gentle exercise every day in June, or exercise for 15 minutes four times a week. You can also vow to get the stairs everywhere, or do at least X number of minutes walking a day.
It really depends on what you want to achieve. What I find motivating is picking a date, for example my birthday, and aim to be a certain weight by then. It helps keep the pressure on myself and stops me caving when times get difficult!
Make the list as long or as short as you want, but make sure they are realistic goals. It is good to push yourself, but you don't want to set goals there is no way you can reach, as you'll only end up feeling disappointed.
Good luck hun! :) xxxxx

How about

Get to first stone?
Drop a dress size?
Get to the next BMI category?
Walk 20 minutes a day, increasing by 5 minutes a day each week?
Find a hobby you enjoy to keep you busy? ie knitting, sewing, reading, card making, make toiletries/bath bombs etc?

What about even a 100% target, i.e 1 week 100%, or a waist measurement?

Anything. Whats motivating for you?

Thanks for all your input, I have opted out of all social events til i'm at a stage where i can be out and about and not feel like im not part of things. So my goals will be based on stones lossage. My bday is in Dec so i better be at my goal way before then lol. What i meant by not knowing what sort of goals to set up, basically i have nothing planned or any events that i need to sort myself out for in time.

Don't know what size i want to be as i dont remember being under a size 18 so cant imagine what weight i would be in order to fit into smaller sizes. I could end up skeletal as a size 14 as im quite tall. Never knew such a task would prove difficult to map out.

Thanks Lexie Dog am feeling your first targets suggestion. Thats the kind of thing i couldnt think out for myself but deems doable and doesnt put pressure on myself to achieve just gratification once i succeed them. Most appreciated :)

Back